• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FF XIII (My impression)

System Name home brew
Processor Intel Corei7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 GSKILL
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon 7970, MSI Radeon 7970
Storage Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb. 2 TB Hdd.
Display(s) 3x24inch Dell Ultra IPS
Case CM storm trooper
Power Supply Antec Quattro OC ed. 1200w
Software Windows 7 Business x64
Benchmark Scores vantage: P43089
I owe Binge an apology. He said FF13 would be utter crap and guess what, it is! I still think he deserves to be shot for saying FF7 was rubbish :D

All jokes aside, FF13, what a let down :shadedshu Im going to stick to my God Of War Collection. I completed part 1 last night (I completed the PS2 version also back in the day lol) but I never did get the chance to play part 2, so Im looking forward to that this evening :) Then all I need to get me over the disappointment of FF13 is God Of War 3 :rockout:

yeah that collection was such a good buy. i didnt play them on ps2, just didnt think id like them. not much of a hack and slash person. but they are good. im in the early start of 2, but havent touched it for a few weeks

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
I owe Binge an apology. He said FF13 would be utter crap and guess what, it is! I still think he deserves to be shot for saying FF7 was rubbish :D

All jokes aside, FF13, what a let down :shadedshu Im going to stick to my God Of War Collection. I completed part 1 last night (I completed the PS2 version also back in the day lol) but I never did get the chance to play part 2, so Im looking forward to that this evening :) Then all I need to get me over the disappointment of FF13 is God Of War 3 :rockout:

Hookey, have you played FF VI? When Cid died... I cried man, serious tears. HE WAS ALREADY SICK, RESCUED YOU, AND THEN THE FISH YOU COUGHT TO FEED HIM WERE F*CKING POISONED!!! :mad:

That was a game oozing with such quality that FF7 just never compared in my mind.

Yakuza 3, now this game is good. It's got a firm plot with strong characters.

Last edited:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Hookey, have you played FF VI? When Cid died... I cried man, serious tears. HE WAS ALREADY SICK, RESCUED YOU, AND THEN THE FISH YOU COUGHT TO FEED HIM WERE F*CKING POISONED!!! :mad:

That was a game oozing with such quality that FF7 just never compared in my mind.

Ive never played FFVI (sadly) :( But I get what your saying. That 'feeling' in the FF games has long gone. I felt the characters etc were great in FFVII......maybe I love FFVII so much because thats the first one I played ;) So I compare the more recent FF titles to it............and non come even close to it.

Now, the 2D top-down view RPG's that I loved were all on the SNES. Zelda, Soul Blazer, MANA, I could probably go on if I thought about it lol

I feel let down because FF13 could have been promising and a true 'next gen' JRPG :(

Yakura 3, now this game is good. It's got a firm plot with strong characters.

Do you mean 'Yakuza' 3?

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
this any good? i have played FF sense the first to like the 6

I suppose I will wait for Resonance of Fate. The chick on the cover looks dang cute. lol

Meanwhile, I am enjoying Yakuza 3. It's weird and nice at the same time. Honor, relationships, and integrity stuff, you know the drill.

System Name The Lizard v2.4
Processor Intel Celeron G1840 (for the time being
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81-S2PH
Cooling Intel Stock Fan
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 750Ti (For the time being)
Storage 500GB Samsung F1, 160GB Maxtor "Older than god"
Display(s) AOC 28' LCD
Case Coolermaster N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec VP500P
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores No crashes in the last 24 minutes.
i have no ps3 to play it but i saw a lot of videos and a review and it looked pretty damn good except for one thing. You see that girl that has pink hair that looks like a ballet dancer. Is a galactical moron, it ruined every single video i've seen from that game that she was on it. Other than that, probably pretty good.

EDIT: ive also read that it looks like its more linear than previous FF its probably due that games and gamers and game tendencies are changing. Now we play more linear games than ever, so i dont think thats a con

System Name Custom AMD FX
Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4.62GHz (225MHz Bus Speed)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P (1.0)
Cooling Corsair Seidon 240V in Push Pull
Memory 16 GB DDR3 (4x4GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 8GB
Storage 120GB ADATA SP550 + 1TB WD Black
Display(s) AOC I2369VM 23" 1920x1080
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s Black & Red
Audio Device(s) Creative E-MU 0202 USB
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Perixx PX-1000
Software Windows 10 Pro N x64
From what iv seen the new FF looks pretty good. I dont have it as i dont have a PS3 or Xbox =/
Been watching/playing with my mates at uni, which got me playing my first FF game and that type of game not long ago. Been hooked on FF7 and love it!! Definitely up there with my best ever games.

Think ill get it when I can afford a console as it does look pretty darn good in my opinion :)

The only reason I got consoles was to play RPGs because those PRGs never really make it to PC. For action and shooting games, there are plenty for PC.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Got to agree with you man, been disappointed by a lot I've tried recently.

Dragon Age pulled me in only to be to damn short, I remember RPGS used to be epic and take a good few weeks to finish, did dragon age in 4 plays : [

How did you beat DA:O in 4 playing sessions? I mean the 1st time I really sat down and played it, it took me like 5 hours just to leave my origin story, I stopped and talked to everyone, explored everything. I guess I could see beating it in a few very long playing sessions, but thats not really playing the game, you got to talk to people, ask them things, explore everything you can. I started over and it only took me 30 min to beat my origin on the 2nd time since I rushed through it, cut 4 and a half hours off my time.

But I am currently on Orzimmar and I haven't really done anything else besides the 2 first DLC's and I'm at 20 hours, by the time I actually beat the game I expected to be near 80 - 90 hours. And thats way more than I could do in 4 plays.

But beyond DA:O I have been pretty dissapointed too, last good one before that was NWN.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
you know what, instead of people bitching and whining about the bad parts of this game, this is a good game, its well worth the money paid instead of some recent disaster games, it has some bad like no towns but in the games story from start to finish they aren't supposed to be in towns, the only bad thing I see is there aren't that many items man.

System Name home brew
Processor Intel Corei7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 GSKILL
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon 7970, MSI Radeon 7970
Storage Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb. 2 TB Hdd.
Display(s) 3x24inch Dell Ultra IPS
Case CM storm trooper
Power Supply Antec Quattro OC ed. 1200w
Software Windows 7 Business x64
Benchmark Scores vantage: P43089
any of you guys try valkyria chronicles. its an interesting one, but ill admit was hard to keep me playing. not so sure ill beat it.

you know what, instead of people bitching and whining about the bad parts of this game, this is a good game, its well worth the money paid instead of some recent disaster games, it has some bad like no towns but in the games story from start to finish they aren't supposed to be in towns, the only bad thing I see is there aren't that many items man.

so worth the $60 or no?

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( â—” Ę–ĚŻ â—” )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
Why does everyone hate Vanille (red head chick) shes not that bad, shes just really goofy!!!
I mean don't forget the other final fantasy games, you had

FFVII = Yuffie

FFVIII = Selfie

FFIX = no one cause it was a sausage fest, but still great game.

FFX = Rikku

FFX-2 = everyone, need I say more for this game lol.

FFXII = Penelo I guess

FFXIII = Vanille lol!

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
any of you guys try valkyria chronicles. its an interesting one, but ill admit was hard to keep me playing. not so sure ill beat it.

so worth the $60 or no?

yes its worth 60 dollars and valkriya chronicles is as good as this game if not better, it may look somewhat like a ps2 game but the story is very very good, if I was gonna reccomend one I would reccomend valkriya chronicles over ff both are good games though, if you have a 360 tales of vesperia is also another good rpg, saying that their aren't many good rpgs(rpg's are a dying breed) anymore.

If you can get in the beta of it(I am) the beta for ff14 is also worth trying to get into since it seems to be shaping up to be a good game also.

dmbyer

My cousins got the midnight release of the pre-order and brought it back to exchange it after ~23 hours of gameplay.. was that disappointing to not even try to finish it. :(

Sucks because I wanted to pick it up but no incentive now. It just keeps going in a straight line.

Why does everyone hate Vanille (red head chick) shes not that bad, shes just really goofy!!!
I mean don't forget the other final fantasy games, you had

FFVII = Yuffie

FFVIII = Selfie

FFIX = no one cause it was a sausage fest, but still great game.

FFX = Rikku

FFX-2 = everyone, need I say more for this game lol.

FFXII = Penelo I guess

FFXIII = Vanille lol!

Because they tried way too hard this time to capture the mindless moe-sucking loli-dakimakura-hugging otakus?

--Oh yes I know about all this sh** from Nihon.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!

Im sorry m8, but thats the exact attitude that leads the game devs to bring out sh!t like FF13! For how long it has taken them to make it, it should be nothing short of perfection. I know that not everbody can be pleased, but the only people that are pleased with this title are the hardcore fans that wont except the fact that its a terrible game...........nice to 'watch', but boring to play!

i have no ps3 to play it but i saw a lot of videos and a review and it looked pretty damn good except for one thing. You see that girl that has pink hair that looks like a ballet dancer. Is a galactical moron, it ruined every single video i've seen from that game that she was on it. Other than that, probably pretty good.

EDIT: ive also read that it looks like its more linear than previous FF its probably due that games and gamers and game tendencies are changing. Now we play more linear games than ever, so i dont think thats a con

From what iv seen the new FF looks pretty good. I dont have it as i dont have a PS3 or Xbox =/
Been watching/playing with my mates at uni, which got me playing my first FF game and that type of game not long ago. Been hooked on FF7 and love it!! Definitely up there with my best ever games.

Think ill get it when I can afford a console as it does look pretty darn good in my opinion :)

Isnt it funny how those that havent played it claim it 'looks' good. Thats the main problem, it does look AMAZING, but the gameplay is TERRIBLE! You guys are getting sucked in by the graphics, I was too, but as they say "you cant polish a turd!"

The only thing that would save this game would have been a gripping storyline, or that certain thing that the other good ones had.

7 was good certainly good for its time.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
The only thing that would save this game would have been a gripping storyline, or that certain thing that the other good ones had.

7 was good certainly good for its time.

I admit, the storylines ok, apart from all the L'Cie / Fal'Cie / Pulse L'Cie confusion/bullshit! It would be a good game, if it wasnt so goddamn boring! :mad:

Oh well, the sheep will love it no matter what, because its an FF title :shadedshu

Open your eyes people, Square-Enix have turnt the greatest RPG franchise of all time into nothing more then a fancy looking hack n slash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
I admit, the storylines ok, apart from all the L'Cie / Fal'Cie / Pulse L'Cie confusion/bullshit! It would be a good game, if it wasnt so goddamn boring! :mad:

Oh well, the sheep will love it no matter what, because its an FF title :shadedshu

Open your eyes people, Square-Enix have turnt the greatest RPG franchise of all time into nothing more then a fancy looking hack n slash.

If you've got a PS2 around and want to play some obscure/awesome anime titles I have a list of my favorites.

Baroque
Digital Devil Saga II (DDSI was crap and II explains the first one perfectly)
Disgea I/II & Makai Kingdom
God Hand
Gungrave
.Hack series
Kingdom Hearts II/Chain of Memories (KH I was good for the story but over-all crap compared to later versions)
Mana Khemia I/II (beware both games are VERY different story wise, and even though they use the same battle/upgrade system there are very little about the details of that system that are similar)
Okami
Persona 3/4 (P4 FTW!!!!)
Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne
... I can't think of any more... If you want a PS3 game then you need Demon's Soul :D

Last edited:

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
someone needs to shoot vanille in the face. j/k that might be going to far. Instead I'd smack her and tell her to please STFU seriously she talks alot and its let the grown ups handle it or GTFO

why the F$#ck does she sound like she is having SEX EVERYWARE she GOES?