1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

format a Vonage USB Flash Drive ???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by acousticlemur, Apr 13, 2007.

1. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey, i have a Vonage USB Flash drive that was our VOIP phone for a few days. it has a mini headphone jack (the same as a cell phone) on the side for talking with it. i now have a vonage router so we can use our house phone. :) much better :D but now i want to format the usb drive to remove all Vonage info from it. i formatted it but all the vonage stuff is still hidden on it. and it auto loads the phone drivers and stuff every time i plug it in. i tried norton partition magic to do it but it wouldnt recogonize a flash drive. any ideas on how i can wipe it totally clean? i am gonna use it to soft mod my XBOX. and have already made the wire to connect it. it works fine on my XBOX. but it still auto loads vonage software and drivers when i put it in my computer. thanks in advance. :toast:

2. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    you cant delete the hidden files manually?

3. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    i got all the info that i could as far as enabling "view hidden files" but there is stuff burried on there somewhere, unless it is in the chip itself. maybe i will have to use an actual flash drive. i formatted it wuth my XBOX and it is not viewable on my computer, it says i have to format it. but there is a saved game on it. so maybe i have to find drivers that will allow me to view XBOX saved game files. hmmm....

4. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    i softmodded my friends xbox, but i also have a hard modded xbox so i just fpt the files i needed! thats odd that you can't delete all the content of the drive....

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
  6. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    what program did you use to view the saved Xbox games from the memory card on the computer?

no i didnt but i will try it here in a few. thanks :D

7. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    XSM does a good job of detecting the save on your xbox but as you prolly know you got to have ftp access! since i had a modded xbox already it was simple for me.....btw which way are you using? mechassault, splinter cells, or 007?

Crunching for Team TPU