1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Dirt Showdown PC Steam code

Discussion in 'Games' started by Phusius, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    In the spirit of TPU being the first forum website I have come across where I can feel the strong community and dedication of the administrators I have decided to give away my extra copy of Dirt Showdown. Thank my monitor power adapter dying on me today and bumming me out. Hoping this giveaway will cheer me up. :ohwell:

To enter: Post what about this game appeals to you. The winner is chosen randomly via TPU's very own FordGT90Concept's Random Line Pick utility!

Requirements: TPU join date of May 2012 or earlier, post count of 50, and must not own the game, which will be sent directly via Steam. I have a Giveaway currently open for Deus Ex Human Revolution, which can be found here: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2695543#post2695543. If you win Deus Ex, I will take you out of the running for this which won't be done for two days after DXHR ends.

Important: After the winner is announced and PM'd, they have 48hrs to get in contact with me. If I do not receive a PM in return or contact of any kind within the 48hrs, I will do a redrawing and a new winner will be selected.

Close Date: Saturday the 18th, 5:00 pm EST
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    Put me down! I have not played a racing game in a while and wouldnt mind playing dirt showdown! :)
  3. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I just loved DiRT 2 and I don't have enough money to get the 3rd or this one and I would love to play a new racing game. Thanks for the chance to win!
  4. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    First, I am not entering.

I just wanted to say thanks for hosting yet another great TPU give away!!!

Showdown is a pretty damn fun game! The figure 8's are a hoot, and the demo derbies are cool as hell!

Good luck to all that enter.
    manofthem says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Youtubed the demolition derby for this game, it actually does look pretty cool! If you have any Steam friends you want to play with online Stinger tell them to post here! :toast:
  6. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    played the steam demo and i am completely impressed. I dont have the funds to purchase it atm. but like the aggressive driving aspect of the game compared to the other Dirt games
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I almost kept the game for myself. But I have like 5 games pre-ordered, and 200+ on backlog still to play, 10 of which are racers that I am interested in. So I figured, what the hell. Smash ye frosty mugs of ale! :toast:
    INSTG8R and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  8. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    Seems like very dirty
  9. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Hit the dirt! I'm in. Thanks man.
  10. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I LOVE DIRT!
    count me in
  11. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    accessible, unbridled fun with high spectacle
  12. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    I want in I own Dirt 2 and 3 Need this game :)
  13. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    it's on punk :cool:

:laugh:
  14. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Keep it clean gents! :nutkick:

:roll:
  15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Surprised to see so many interested. I know al ot here love the other Dirt titles, but seems not so many like Showdown. I own the game though and have a lot of fun playing it, so goodluck to you all.
    INSTG8R and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  16. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Free makes everything better. Free games are more fun, free food tastes better, etc :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I don't care how cheap McDonalds gets, it still doesn't taste better.... Oh wait, you said food! MdDs doesn't count... :p

On a real note, how does this game compare to Dirt 3? I absolutely suck at racing games, always have
    [Ion] says thanks.
  18. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Is it really even a game worth buying in the first place? I'm not sure going through the hassle of entering a contest to WIN it is even justifiable.
  19. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    :nutkick: Dang! that kind of comment should have you disqualified regardless! :slap:
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  20. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    I love racing games, but I don't own any, and would like to have one to play :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Yes, contests are such a hassle for those that WANT to enter. If you dont wish to spend the time to write out why you would like the game, then dont
    manofthem says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Oh we're making it dirty!

That is, to our vehicles of course because we would be racing which naturally causes the cars to get dirty. But you knew that. ^^

So vroom vroom count me in!!
  23. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    And if you wish to go around preaching how people should chat, bone up on the forum rules, and apply as a mod. Otherwise you'll just have to be OK with the fact that it's an open forum and opinions, whether you like them or not, will be mentioned on a daily basis. It was really more of a tongue in cheek mention of the game anyway, not the whole giveaway thing.

That said, I know of no gaming forums that are so cluttered on a daily basis with giveaway threads in the Games forum. They really should have their own separate Giveaways forum here. Bjorn3D is one example of a forum that clung far too much to giveaways to get hits, and now look at their activity level. That forum is so stagnant now.
  24. mypg0306

Thanks Received:
    Racing in the dirt. Get as dirt as possible to get it camouflage Count me in!
  25. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Again, another useless post, thanks for adding nothing constructive.

These giveaways are not affiliated with TPU in any way, are not a trick to lure people to TPU, and are only available to those who have been a member of the community for a while AND contribute to its success.

If you do have an issue with the giveaways that go on here by members who happen to care about their community, contact one or more of the moderators and bring your concerns to their attention. If the mods agree or think that they are not a good idea, then they will address it and the members will comply.

You don't want to enter, great. You're afraid that a few game giveaways will bleed TPU dry of users, stupid (TPU is a lot bigger than that). Feel free to leave Alien, Phusius, and others alone. I'm only sorry I had to waste a post in another user's giveaway. Sorry Phusius :toast:
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012