1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Halo 3...How did you fail AGAIN Microsoft?

Discussion in 'Games' started by AMDCam, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    True, they didn't fail in their plan to continue to farm money off the Halo franchise.

2. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    No I personally was expecting it to be 'Halo reclaimed', take the formula from the 1st that made it so amazing and go back to that. Instead they took the assbackwards concept from Halo 2 and stayed with that. I was hoping H3 was going to be for the ORIGINAL halo fanbase too.

Actually "change everything up" is exactly what I'm talking about H2 and 3 doing. If you look at the terrain from all 3 you'll see a total redesign in 2 and 3. Keeping 1's brightness and clean looks would have been awesome, but as I was referring to prettying it up on the Xbox with Halo 2, you couldn't do much more, so they did a completely different approach and made everything dark so it gives the effect of more detail. I'm saying changing everything up is the opposite of what makes better graphics.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  3. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Halo 3 looks so jaggy because its rendered at 640P then upscaled to 720p or 1080p by the xbox's scaler.

Bungie even confirmed this, but tried to play it down-
    http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12821

Upscaling looks like shit on LCD's. At 52", or even a good 32" display it would be easy to notice. 1152x640 is not acceptable these days. I used to run pc games at 1152x864 (4:3) on my old CRT from 1999.

4. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    "Just because you didnt like Halo 3 for some strange reason, you dont need to make a thread that rivals the Bible in length to show this!"

Why not?

Wtf is this common perspective these days, that forum posts have to be short?

He had something to say and he said it. Complain about the bad grammar and punctuation.

And yes, Halo 3 tanked. I never liked the Halo series, it was just a frag fest for console nerds, BUT, Halo 3 could have brought some new tech to the table and failed.

There was that concise enough for you?

5. LonGun

LonGun New Member

Thanks Received:

:toast:

6. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Two words sum up the problem here.

Consoles Suck.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  7. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^Keep those comments to yourself... they spark arguments.

8. joinmeindeath417

joinmeindeath417 New Member

Thanks Received:
  9. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, the graphics looked great to me, even at 1080i on my 52" RCA CRT HDTV Monitor. Halo3 looked better than Gears of war to me because it used better colors.

Take Deus Ex Invisible War for example, it had great graphics, but a bland color palette, so it looked crappy. That was the downfall of games like Gears of War.

10. Lopez0101

Thanks Received:
    I find the multiplayer in Halo 3 to be balanced very well, I also like it better than the MP in Halo 2, it just feels a little slower and a little less frantic most of the time. The graphics aren't amazing but they aren't disappointing at all. I think they turned about better than the graphics in Halo 2 when it came out.

11. Nkd New Member

Thanks Received:
    yea same here 62 inch samsung DLP tv, playing at 1080i, and trust me i fricking love halo and i am by no means a blind fan, i will criticize my favorite titles, and when i saw halo 3's second level, i was disgusted, it looked like halo 2 in high definition and slightly iproved graphics, outdoor levels were better and good lighting but with all the money microsoft made of halo series and continues to do so, the game desereved a better engine, i loved the game and i hated the fact all the review sites buy into the hype and give it 9 and 10 on graphics, yea it had nice lighting but by no means it desereved better ratings than gears of war. For instance take all these big franchise, For example, Killzone, Metal Gear solid 4, those are games that are pretty famous and yet to come, and look at their graphics, dont you go wow when you look at them. i dont care what anyone says, i will buy halo even if the graphics suck but it certainly deserved a better engine and more respect. i have no respect for bungie because they bragged and bragged so much about halo 3 and i though i would be blown away by the final version but that wasnt the case, i love to shoot and kill in a game and thats the only reason i love halo, the fast paced shooter.