1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Headset

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Hyper, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Hyper

Hyper New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I had no idea I could build a better computer for that cheap. I was under the impression that it would cost me like 2000 USD to get a great rig. You see, I know quite a bit about computers, but not when it comes down to the hardware and building them.
  2. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Most of us here could probably build you a respectable custom built PC within your $500 USD budget.

One thing I would suggest is perhaps taking your Dell and just selling it and have either one of us and/or use some of our recommendations for hardware to use as a guideline to building your own.
  3. Hyper

Hyper New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I wouldn't mind using my keyboard, mouse, and current hard drive in a new computer.
    So what would I need to do to be able to use the SKT478 motherboard? I think that's the first step I need to take.. or am I wrong?
  4. Hyper

Hyper New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I would have no problem doing that. I just don't know if the computer is worth all that much, though. :banghead:
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Another option would be to get another case altogether. With $500USD, you could probably build an entirely new system (minus reusing the above mentioned parts) cpu, mobo and all.
  6. Hyper

Hyper New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would love to do that, but I'm just not sure on what routes I would take in building it. I would definitely need some assistance.
  7. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hardware's a cinch man.
    All need to do is look at your needs, then look for parts on the web (or instore if you have a cheap wholesaler around) that suit your needs within your budget. Doing your first build is a very didactic experience. Once youve done it with the help of others you will learn lots and probably go on to do your own builds (or help others do theirs) in the future.

All its requires is an internet connection, a bit of cash, a bit of research, a bit of patience, a bit of help (the opinions of others from forums such as this, hardware review websites etc) and a bit of luck :D.

That being said, theres a horde of people that will help you on this site if you are considering doing your first build/upgrade.
    Hyper says thanks.
  8. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Agreed ...as long as you keep a working system ,so you can still post on TPU while the build is going on(for tech. assistance) I think your first build could be a terrific experience!:toast:
    Hyper says thanks.
  9. Hyper

Hyper New Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome, well I'd love to get started soon. I am going to go to bed now hahaha. It's late.
    I'm such a computer nerd.

I'll def. PM you about getting some help later on, if you don't mind.

Thank you everyone! :D What a great community.
  10. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dude. PM is for private matters. This is a very hardware oriented forum.
    Post a new thread in the Hardware Sub-forum when your ready, regarding your want to do a new build/upgrade, give your current specs and give your budget and you'll have a heap of people helping you out in no time. Its good to have the opinion of more than one person as everyone has their own personal tastes, hardware website of choice etc. "Many hands make light work."
  11. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
  12. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received: