1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Here's my next gaming rig, what do you think?

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Shamonto Hasan Easha, Feb 8, 2014.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Then here's what you do. Pay attention to reviews and press-releases on various tech based websites and learn about the new stuff coming out, how they perform and etc.

Questions like these can be entered into your web browser's search feature and it will take you to detailed answers on the subject.

Questions like these are speculative and hold no relevance to building a computer.

In regards to your original question in the original post, your next gaming rig that you have laid out will be obsolete in Q1 2015. It's best you stick with learning through what I have stated above.

Arjai says thanks.
  2. buildzoid

buildzoid

Thanks Received:
    Pro tips from my own experience
    1) never ever buy a dual gpu card unless there are no other options
    2) Intel extreme editions are stupid

Everything else changes so much that you just have to read reviews and news articles.

3. MustSeeMelons

Thanks Received:
    That's a bit harsh and you know it, wont be obsolete by a long shot, heck an 2500K still is enough for almost all games.

4. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It might, but Intel might prefer monopolizing by keeping quad channel a Socket2011(or 2012?) feature, and keeping the Zx7 boards gimped down to dual channel. Not really much of a gimp TBH, I'm perfectly happy with dual channel...

Even your rig won't be obsolete by then... that's some exaggeration right there...
    Though I agree with the rest of your post.