1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

intel E4400 what video card fits?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by r3drum, Apr 13, 2012.

1. r3drum New Member

Thanks Received:
    nah that's not what i was looking at lol. im just saying both video card have 1GB !! But ill admit I don't know much about pc parts o_O im a car guy haha!
  2. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Just so before you do it, with a dust-off or air compressor, Block the fan when you take out dust, cause you might damage the fan as it will spin maybe faster than it should, or damage the balancing of the fan.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. r3drum New Member

Thanks Received:
    kool thanks !!
  4. r3drum New Member

Thanks Received:
    aight well im off the the store to pick up a Radeon HD 6570, thanks guys for all your help. Ill let you all know how it turned out in my pc XD!!
  5. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Sorry if I accidentally offend you but:
    1) You switched the voltage setting of the PSU to a different voltage then the one your power grid seems to work on, while even folks without computer knowledge should have the ability to understand that it is related to the power grid (after all it is near the power cable).
    2) Your PC is full of dust and tar, and to make it worse the CPU fan is not even properly attached to its heatsink. Sorry but if such a disgusting sight does not alarm you the least I just don't know whether to laugh or cry...
    3) You are holding that graphics card wrongly, better try to avoid touching that contact strip.
    4) You say you want to build your own PC sooner or later, but I severely recommend you to learn how to handle hardware properly first.

Yours sincerely,

Chevalr1c

Edit: Point 5 is not valid anymore as it seems. I typed a little slowly.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. r3drum New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol ok here goes
    1- nonono, i didn't run it on 230, im just saying it goes from 115 to 230 (I figured it could help someone find out what it was ) but the voltage has always ran @115 and i never touched it !!
    2- (and to make it worse the CPU fan is not even properly attached to its heatsink) Really ?? its not ? I don't know bro i bought this pc from costco as is ( except video card and PSU, witch i got a professional( take professional very loosely haha a tech savy buddy is more on point ) to upgrade some years back)
    3- yes I know, I dont know pc's very well but I know cars and car lifts, witch both have cpu's that need to be handled properly. But this video card is burnt so I was just trying to take a proper photo( not really caring where my fingers go)!!
    4- hmmm lol, I think i still need a bit more knowledge before building my own pc ( I have friends who know how to do just that but I want to learn how to do it on my own) but not for handling pc parts!!

Thanks for your input however, I realize from my previous posts, you have no way of knowing weather or not i know how to handle hardware XD

I would like to bring you back to point number 2, you say the heatsink isnt on properly ? what do you mean exactly ?? should I get a pro to set it up right ?

Thanks
  7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    that means even less, its like comparing the performance of a car based on the number of seats.

you're grabbing a 6570, which i think is a decent fit. not very fast, but likely to work well in your PC.
  8. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    That fan in the lower middle seems loose, that is what I meant. Or that guy you mentioned has put a fan onto that heat sink which did not entirely fit, so that he screwed it onto the heat sink with one of the corners pointing down.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    I've seen heatsinks with fans originally located like that on some cheaper coolers like this: http://zone4.codemicroinc.netdna-cdn.com/large_2214617.jpg
    or http://www.oregonpc.com/Download/Image/P00000369/250x250.png

it's either the same cooler or maybe you're right
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Liquid Cool

Liquid Cool

Thanks Received:
    I've worked on a few AMD entertainment media pc's that had lopsided cpu cooler fan's like that. I think it's attached properly.

That has to be one of the dirtiest pc's I think I've ever seen. Although, when I opened up my cousins pc case last year it actually had some type of funnel cocoon from the the front case fan to the CPU cooler. I was actually afraid to stick my hand in there...:laugh:

I won't tell you to stop smoking...that's your choice. Although, vacuuming once a week and getting the pc off the floor wouldn't hurt on your new build.

I've been repairing pc's since the early 90's and I've never heard of or seen damage to pc components from smoking cigarettes. Other than a permanent odor...

Those little ASUS motherboards actually aren't too bad for what they are...The aformentioned AMD's I worked on we're repaired for dead psu's. All of them. If I'm recalling correctly, circa 2005-6. I usually ended up throwing in a dc5100 or dc5150 replacement psu and calling it good.

LC

redrum...please post an 'after shot' when it's dust-free and the new video card is installed.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  11. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i just threw up in my mouth a little bit :(
  12. Vendor

Thanks Received:
    that's nasty, you should cleanup ur pc a bit.
    Dust and Mite might the cause of overheating and burning up of graphics card.

I would recommend you getting a HD 5450 for normal daily life use and hd videos and old games.
    Just costs around 25-30 Bucks here in India, would probably much cheaper in USA as India has a bunch of corrupt retailers :D.
  13. r3drum New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright guys, thanks for all your help XD. I ended up getting the 6570 in there with a new PSU ( 500W) and I got my box professionally cleaned ( it looks new inside now XD). I really had no idea what to stick in there thanks again guys.

On a side note I have 2 parts to give away ( 1psu 200W and a tv card ) I could take pictures if you guys want. I know there old parts but if someone can use them be my guest XD.

Regards

Chris
  14. r3drum New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had it looked at while at the shop and the guy said it's the way it goes. I could take a closer pic if you would like to see!! And now that it's clean maybe you could see better where it ties XD!
  15. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    If someone took a look at it it is fine probably.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i've seen heaps of heatsinks where the fan sits at an odd angle like that, so thats normal.
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
  17. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Yea, it was usually older AMD HSF's that were designed that way, but there are apparently some for Intel CPU's.
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
  18. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    will that tv card accept digital signals from cable?

and +1 about the fan on the heat sink, i've seen that on a lot of OEM builds, mostly AMD based systems.
    Chevalr1c says thanks.