1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Killed my Mother Board (I Think)

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by AphexDreamer, Feb 16, 2009.

1. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Well I think I killed my motherboard. Inlight of my graphics card issue. I went to update my Motherboards BIOS. I used the Asus Update utility and my computer convietly froze right after I clicked "Flash". Thing is it didn't have time to do anything and everything was on zero.

Computer restarted no post. Turned it off no post. Turn of the PSU and back on then hit the power button computer turns on then shuts off by its self. Looks like I'm having great luck today. I think its dead unless anyone else who crawls in here has any other recommendations.

Going to see if I can get an RMA from Newegg or Asus.
  2. fromeo85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would try to clear the CMOS first
    AphexDreamer says thanks.
  3. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    ive done that with ASUS too... winflash blows - I cant believe that a company so good would release software that has even the remote chance of bricking a board :banghead:
  4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    How old is that board? I know my P5Q came with dual bios chips for issues like that, though it was automatic in re-flash after power down and power up. I would say clear CMOS for sure...does that board support EZFlash II from bios (i.e. use a usb drive)? That would be the way to go...unfortunately no good atm.

Sorry you're having a crap time, hopefully we can get you sorted...you might be better off tackling your issues tomorrow with a cleared mind and a new attack at your issues.

:toast:
  5. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys for the support. I'll try a few things (Like CMOS Clearing) and then get back to this tommorow. I'll even contact Asus see if they can be of assistance. THing is PC won't turn on now.
  6. freakshow

freakshow

Thanks Received:
    u can always try a hard flash:ohwell:

Edit: that only works if the bios chip is removable and if u have a spare mobo also with a removable bios chip
  7. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Ok good news. Sending it back to Asus for repair. This was a close one.
  8. Flyordie

Flyordie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is it the M3A you have in your sig? If so, those have a high failure rate. lolz. Least in the early board batches...
  9. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Yes the one in my sig. Its been doing great till I killed it.
  10. Motarola2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ASUS Update Utility (WinFlash Update) killed my Mobo, i got the mobo(P5N-D) on december and Asus wont RMA this, i am so pissed.
    Their application killed the motherboard, and they wont take responsability for it, i was trying to fix a known issue with BSODs on this unstable motherboard.

Do not buy from Asus people, they screw you up if something goes wrong with their products.