1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Marketing and Prejudice Get the Better of Consumers with PC Processors: Test

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    I've learned from experience that AMD seems to gimp the Intel systems somehow. In previous tests, in partitular the IE9 WebGL tests, they used slower RAM on the Intel machines. In this case, they used the highest-end chipset available for the AMD rig, and a mid-range chipset for the Intel rig. Who knows what else they could have skimped on.

2. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Do you happen to have a link to a source/info/that test (not doubting, just want to look it over myself)?

3. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, I had a look around, but I can't find it. It was a good few years ago now.

4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    That's what I'm getting at. Saying the AMD feels faster is BS. They should feel the same in games.

The only exceptions to that would be a bug of some sort on either setup, or the Intel would feel faster in the cases where a game is only borderline smooth on an Intel rig, as in those rare cases the couple of fps the AMD is behind would be noticeable. Other than those 2 rare instances, they should pretty much feel the same. (Only in games, of course)

5. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I still think it's that. In the SS I think I see BF3 on the screen, HTing doesn't play nice with high-end video cards in BF3. My friend has a GTX580 and i7-950 (I think) and was getting really bad Micro Stuttering with HTing on. Once he turned it off the game was running smooth as silk. If they did something like that, they would know people would find it less enjoyable, and technically they aren't fudging the tests (both stock setups after all) but people would have less fun playing on a system with terrible Micro Stutter.

6. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received: