1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Call of Duty Confirmed for 2012.

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Nov 9, 2011.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Full article: http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-call-of-duty-confirmed-for-2012-6344525?tag=topstory;title

As ive said in the past, people would buy a turd if it had the words ''Call of Duty'' etched into it, they're solely going off the name now while giving us a little as possible with each iteration IGN will give it a good score again and it'll sell millions as it always has, it's as willy wonka once said ''it's all there black and white clear as crystal!''. Just my opinion. :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    Animalpak, digibucc and Damn_Smooth say thanks.
  2. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Christ, they've just dropped one! :rolleyes:

3. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    that is hilarous i wonder how far they can drag the fanboys until they have enough of getting there wallet drained for simple exspansions that usta be 5-10 dollars back in the day

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My wish has come true!

5. fusionblu

fusionblu

Thanks Received:
    Let's hope that the seemingly impossible happens where instead of focusing the game for the console they design the game to have graphics and features which might actually be able to compete with both Battlefield 3 and the Battlefield game which is to come out next.
    (I have very little to no confidence that would actually happen, but either way we will find out what the next game would be like either way when it comes out.)

6. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    I Like COD Series and BF series but we seriously dont need a new one every year

7. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    There is beating a dead horse and then there is Call of Duty.

8. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    and a quote

"i played COD cuz that's what the cool dudes do, but oh wait, it's actually game for the mindless-cool-dudes-getting-an-orgasm-on-a-boring-multiplayer-kill-which-by-the-way-looks-as-horrible-as-horse-dung-probably-worse"

9. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    This is good news.

Not for me, I hate the game

Madden/FIFA/all sports games have another yearly entry to deal with. They all have functionally the same engines and mechanics every year. The odd thing is people pay for a new game, to what amounts to be an expansion pack.

So, yeah. Why can this be good? It will speed the decline of the franchise. Hopefully the unwashed masses will understand that a game cannot change if it comes out every year. Purchasing something yearly, assuming that there is less than a 1% difference, will finally be identified as stupidity.

I can dream, can't I....

digibucc says thanks.
  10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I honestly hope no1 was surprised by this... I'm not sure whos worst.. blizzard for milking wow, or the cod series..

11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Comparing sports sims to FPS just doesn't work. I'm not a die hard Madden or any other sports series buyer. But usually the people who are are the ones who have been buying it since SNES, the roster updates and small changes they don't mind. The people that keep these franchises afloat probably don't play many other franchises, so they spend their $60 a year on the new Madden and are set.

But you are right about COD wearing itself down, because like I said, it's not like a sports sim. I'm already hearing people that have been die hard supports start to throw in the towel as a new release each year + DLC (ends up being way more expensive than the sports games actually), they just don't want to spend that much anymore.

Wow was fine, then Blizzard merged with Activision and bam, micro transactions. Hopefully Kotick can't run the great company that is Blizzard into the ground on his search for booty, YARR!

12. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    As 1Kurgan1 already mentions, sports games are an entirely different genre to FPS.

Geez, I wonder why? :rolleyes: You want NBA 2K13 to feature 10v10 games? Or Madden to be a "can only score using touchdowns" American football?

The engines I could understand since they really have console roots in the first place anyway.

I don't know about Madden, but several sports games doesn't "satisfy" your "criteria."

Football Manager 2012 is actually quite different from 2011. FIFA 12 have several features not in FIFA 11. NBA 2K12 have an updated interface, more "legends", and some "realism" enhancements too.

13. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Naturally...

14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    god damn, give us fucking time to play the damn game you released. Every year releasing a new one doesnt let us play the damn game you released already. And if you waited another year or 2 you could come out with an even better game with maybe a new updated engine or something. I mean come one. CoD is turning into Guitar Hero/Madden

15. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    O i loved wow, definitely not a hater of the game.. just a hater of the direction it has gone with the shitty expansions and microtransactions

16. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Sports games are different. THey are released each year mainly because the sport teams in the pros are always changing so they need to have the roster updated and what not. And they cant just do that from game updates over the internet. Cuz they need to create the models and such for each new player for each team. However I havent boughten a Sports game since like NBA LIVe 06 and NFL fever for Xbox Original.

17. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I believe you mean Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero and if you haven't noticed the trend, Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero/CoD all made by Activision, and look where the first 2 series now sit.

I actually enjoyed Cata, first expansion I actually liked, and maybe first time I enjoyed the game since vanilla. But you can see Koticks grubby mitts taking their hold not only on WoW, but on Blizzard, and that I hate to see.

random says thanks.
  18. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    And CoD should be in the trash bin with Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero

19. random

random

Thanks Received:
    +1 Cataclysm is actually very difficult compared to WOTLK, since pick up groups actually need to play their part instead of afk and auto attack in a dungeon. CC is essential for entry level geared groups, also geared groups can still stuff up if a member fails to contribute adequately since the mobs hit harder than ever heroic dungeon wise and raid wise everyone needs to be on their game and maxing out their DPS/HPS/Cooldown Utilization so raiders need to actually get to know their class and how to play it properly whereas in WOTLK almost every fight was viable for a zerg strategy and if a DPS were to not pull their weight there'd always be someone who is carrying them, it is quite different now. I have no complaints every WoW expansion has been great as Blizzard have catered for both heroic and casual raiders quite well imho. Sorry for the bad grammar only had 2 hours sleep @_@.

Anyway on topic, with all the money Activision has made, I am quite hopeful for an actual MW sequel and not just a retail paid patch but I am also doubtful as they seem to focus on consoles, we may have to wait until the new gen consoles roll out before we can see an all new Call of Duty

20. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    When Black Ops drops at least 50% of it's current price I will get back on the COD train. My buddy pre-paid for MW3 on Steam while I got BF3 on launch day. I think I made the better purchase.

21. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Since Call of Duty MW1 is still going for 49.99 AUD on steam, I'd get ready to wait for another 5 new CoD's to see BLOPS drop it's price by 50% if ever. Why not just use CD Key sites? They seem to be the only ones with a fair price.

digibucc says thanks.
  22. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I just got back into CoD4 and BLOPS with some friends of mine. BLOPS is much better than it was from what I remember a year ago...played it for 2 weeks...uninstalled and left it till now. I reinstalled against my better judgement and was pleasantly surprised. There is even a 1GB+ mod tool download...if MW3 is as bad as so many are claiming on PC...maybe this recently released mod tool set will actually be of use to the BLOPS community. If not...CoD4 is still kicking ass...finding well over 15k servers during search.

I'm sure BF3 and MW3 will be on sale eventually...I'm sure BF3 first. I considered MW3...but expected bugs and with my recent run of CoD4 I'm in no rush to pick it up...I'll let it get pached up and polished while I enjoy a true gem of modern FPS-MP action (imho)...oh and some blops as well! It really is a crapton better than I remember it being..no issues, good pings, no hitches, sound issues, etc.

:toast:

23. N-Gen

N-Gen

Thanks Received:
    At least milking WoW is returning different material and you're going into something new.

24. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    There is no need to use steam unless you can get it cheaper on steam, I can get hard copies of MW1 and MW2 for £9.99 and £13.99 respectively

25. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    We all knew they were going to do this, but announcing it this shortly after releasing MW3 is plain bad timing from the PR department.

digibucc says thanks.