• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No virtual disk... should I care?

DannyC

Hi
So I recently had a SSD installed. Now when the computer boots up I get a Marvell bios adapter screen page for about 2 seconds with a ‘No Virtual Disk!’ warning on it. Is this something I should be addressing?

Thanks

Dan

My setup is:
i7 950 (bloomfield)
Asus P6X58D-E motherboard
ATI Radeon 5700 series
Western Digital 1TB HDD
Intel 120 GB 520 series SSD
24 GB Kingston RAM
Cooler master 650W PSU
Win 7 (64 bit)

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
My guess is that the SSD replaced a RAID array on the Marvell controller? It's looking for the disks that made up the array (virtual disk), but they are no longer installed.

In short, it's not hurting anything other than your boot times. If you wish to fix it, your manual should have information on it: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/P6X58DE

Or wait for someone with experience with that particular controller.

DannyC

Thanks Jizzler

I didn't have RAID installed before. When I got the machine back from the shop, the SSD wasn't properly installed and I was getting a 'device not recognised' in the Device Manager... I searched for the driver, it installed RAID, the SSD started working properly but I get the annoying message at log on.

I've had a look in BIOS, per the manual and can't see what the problem is, and I'm a little out of my depth, so rather than risk a stuff up, I'm willing to put up with the message and the slight delay if there is no harm being done.

Thanks for the advice.

DannyC

ltanken

idn't have RAID installed before. When I got the machine back from the shop, the SSD wasn't properly installed and I was getting a 'device not recognised' in the Device Manager... I searched for the driver, it installed RAID, the SSD started working properly but I get the annoying message at log on.

I've had a look in BIOS, per the manual and