1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Not working

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by Kyosnai, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Kyosnai New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright
    So I set my clock speeds, hit Set Clock

nothing happens...
    Also, I somehow managed to downgrade my clock speed.

2. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    if you could fill in your system specs in the user cp & enable viewing of them, that'd be helpful. what card are you using? what os? what version of atitool?

3. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Need more info...what card are you using, windows OS? drivers?

Fill out system specs in UserCP and check the box to show sys specs, it's just a good idea in general when asking for help.

Welcome to TPU, and with more info from your end I'm sure we can getcha goin!

:toast:

4. Kyosnai New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow I feel like a noob. here you go
    Vista 32bit
    2GB RAM
    2.4GHZ(Duo)
    Nvidia Geforce 8600m GS 256 MB

5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    That's still pretty bare for a description...so I take it you're not overclocking the rest of your system...and I would assume it's possibly a pre-built rig. 8600m...is that a laptop graphics adapter?

Is that a laptop or desktop?

EDIT: Take a look at my System Specs (LEFT)...and click on the link in my sig "Overclocking is easy...."...it'll have some good info to help you get better answers when posting and learn a little more about your system (also if you have a laptop...check out theonetruewill's LaptopOC Adventures in the Overclocking and Cooling section).

6. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like laptop. There are a few interesting threads here on TPU about overclocking laptops (I am too lazy to search right now). Look at nTune, it MAY help you out if wanting to overclock that card.

7. Kyosnai New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it's a laptop.
    and if it isn't obvious already, I'm a complete newbie to anything OC.

8. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Yep...see my last post...follow the link in my sig for Overclocking and see Theonetruewill's Laptop OC Adventures...really OC-ing laptops is not the best of ideas...do so at your own risk...a cooling pad and plenty of breathing room should already be implemented if not.

I would say build a tower/desktop and OC with that...but people still prefer laptops...don't expect too crazy of results...and do expect to have a tough time with it. But I do hope that you can reach your goal!

:toast:

9. Kyosnai New Member

Thanks Received:
    No, lol
    The only problem is this:
    I use ATITool, when I set the OC Value, and then hit Set Clock, nothing happens.

10. Kyosnai New Member

Thanks Received:
    and now I just completely fucked up my whole thing. Now my memory is at 169MHz and core clock is at 359. It automatically just fucks shit up.

11. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well then take my suggestions and do what is asked of you...go to Laptop OC Adventures in the Overclocking and Cooling...there's info for oc-ing laptop video there...plus you can post there and recieve better help.

Do some more researching before you cause damage and or make your rig start crashing...trust me, it's a good idea to be more knowleged before doing something like you're attempting to.