1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overclocking E6600 on EP45-UD3P

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by -Spanky-, Sep 4, 2009.

1. -Spanky-

-Spanky- New Member

Thanks Received:
    In my bunker complex, well below the Saskatchewan
    The overclocking bug has bitten again. I'm at 3.2GHz on my E6600 (400x8) and I was hoping to bump the multiplier up to 9 to get 3.6GHz.

My current settings in the bios:
    Beyond that, everything is pretty much default. I pushed the VCore all the way up to 1.4875v and the MCH up to 1.3v also upping the ram to 2.080v in the bios to get that 400x9. I did get it to boot but when it came time for windows to load I would randomly get a weird "TRAP EXCEPTION 00005F59" or "000AC44" and just a black screen. I could CTRL+ALT+DEL at the TRAP EXCEPTION but I would have to hold the power button down for the black screen. What's going on here? I appreciate anyone who helps :)

*EDIT* Fixed nonsense number for RAM :D
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I run my P45 with a Q6600 @ 400FSB using closer to 1.26v on the NB, around 1.050 on mch (iirc), are you sure you're running 2.6v to your memory?! That's pretty damn high unless it's DDR1. I run my 2x2gb DDRII 1066 on 2.0v (rated for 2.0-2.1v). My MB might be an Asus, but P45's are pretty easy to work with, and so are conroe's. What other settings do you have, have you changed? I wonder if your bios is similar to my fiance's P35-DS3L bios-menu-wise...

What does your vcore read in CPU-z and OCCT under load? The crashes I'm sure have something to do with some serious instability, hopefully either your ram is meant for that kind of voltage or you need to fix that asap...toasting your ram could cause massive issues and system failure (though probably just limited to damaged/failed memory).
    -Spanky- says thanks.
  3. -Spanky-

-Spanky- New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol I saw my mistake on the ram. Edited original post :D My system specs should work but if not, I'm running a total of 8gb (4x2) of G.Skill 1066MHz. I know this is a stress on the northbridge but I think I should be able to hit 3.6GHz. I do have load line calibration enabled. Right now my voltage is 1.425 in the bios and CPU-Z reads it as 1.392v.
  4. goldfries

goldfries New Member

Thanks Received:
    if you're running 1:1 FSB:RAM then I don't see the need for you to adjust the vdimm voltage since a 1066 would be able to run 800 with ease. :)

perhaps you just reached your processor limitation. how's the heat like at your 3.2ghz 1.4vcore?
  5. -Spanky-

-Spanky- New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm actually not running a 1:1 I have it set to 2.66 in the bios. I COULD run 800MHz but I paid for 1066MHz RAM :D It's pretty cold outside and I have the windo open but it looks to be about 69F in my room. I was playing GTA4 and paused to check some stuff including this thread so after an hour of GTA4 and 5 minuts of ORTHOS, my cores are at 44 & 43. They might get a bit warmer but not with all this cool air rushing in my window :D