1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Power adapters

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Meverix, Jan 7, 2013.

1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    You would not get the full potential out of the GTX 570 due to the CPU speed.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Very much so, the 570 is a decent card, had one for a year, then got another one because i liked it so much :D you need a new psu and cpu, it wont keep up with modern games for very long, but i suppose it would be cheaper than starting again (which id recommend at this point though)
  3. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
    That depends on the resolution of his monitor.
  4. Meverix New Member

Thanks Received:
    Also new, and another reason for upgrading the graphics card. It's an Asus VG278. 1920x1080.
  5. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Yea with full 1080P and that E7500, You will def be disappointed on how well the 570 performs.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. McSteel

McSteel

Thanks Received:
    PowerMan is InWin's PSU arm. They're capable of some decent work, but what you have is a strictly low-quality budget offering. The model that your PC has is based on a rather old electrical design, ill-suited for today's 12V-hungry machines. It's surprising you had no trouble with it so far. And it is definitely not enough to even attempt to use a GTX 570. What's good, though, is that your PSU is indeed a standard ATX affair, so you don't have to go chasing an obscure form factor...

As for everyone suggesting a completely new build, there's actually some pretty sound reasoning behind it. In order for your graphics card to do any work, first the CPU has to delegate work to it. Since in modern, more demanding games, the CPU is already pretty busy with other stuff, it has little time to send work over to the GPU. This is what people mean by the GTX 570 being bottlenecked. It'll sit idly more often acceptable.

Then again, you will see some improvement, and possibly enough so that you'll be quite content with your upgrade. It's just that the 570's "talents" will be rather under-utilized. But then you can also move it to a new build later on, when you feel comfortable enough to start work on it.
    Meverix, Jetster and OneMoar say thanks.
  7. Meverix New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it presents better results than the 9500GT, even if not fully actualised, I'd be happy. I'm not a hardcore gamer with a need for super hot graphics; as long as it doesn't feel like a PSX game and the framerate is decent, I'll be content. And you're right, whatever doesn't get fully utilised can be carried over to a new build later on. I guess this is an investment as well.

So I should have no problem ordering any of your previously suggested PSUs? They'd be about the right dimensions and such? If so, I'm going for it.

Thanks, all!
  8. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Yes it will increase quite a bit. Make sure you get a decent PSU. Name brands like Corsair, Seasonic, Enermax are good places to start.
    Crunching for Team TPU