• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Project Log] "Blue Morpho"

Ek Vardar Fans After Paint​

Was not sure how i wanted the Fans to be painted.
They will not be shown much in the build, so just decided to paint the blades white instead of the stock gray color.
Also got some skye blue vinyl sticker, that i might cout out in circles and put in the middle of the fan blades later on,
Maybe when i do the sleeving of the fans.
To dissasemble the fans, i removed the sitcker, and carefully removed the small locking mechanism that holds the bearings and spacers.
Might be hard to see the difference, but there is one..

stay tuned !!​

Monarch Module And EK-Supremacy Evo before and After paint​

So i was unsure about if i should paint the Ram modules or not, and decided to go for the white paint.
pretty happy with the result, but can see a few air bubbles, so have to redo one of them, and will probably also change the badges to new ones later.
I used a heatgun on the EK logo badges to remove them with my knife, and then grinded them a bit with sandpaper, before primer, and white paint.
Sorry the images makes them look more gray ish, but they really are bright white..
More images will come later when i mount them on the ram sticks.

On the Supremacy Evo, I decided to paint the black mount white instead.
Original idea was to cover it with white vinyl sticker instead, but since i was allready painting the fan blades and the Monarch modules,
i thought, why the hell not, let's paint this bad boy ..
Really looks great now, with white base, white fittings, OH and will include a single image teaser of it with liquid (Mayhems Pastel Blue).

Hope you like it !!​

System Name Joel's Rig
Processor Intel i7-6700K (4 Cores, 4GHz)
Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M5
Cooling 3x 140mm Case Fans, Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury (DDR4, 2x 8GB, 2133MHz) 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI AMD Radeon R9 290X (8GB VRAM)
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 3TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung U28E590D (28-Inch, 4K, 60Hz)
Case Corsair Carbide 600C
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD (Integrated)
Power Supply Corsair RM750i (750W)
Mouse Roccat Tyon
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro
Wow...just...wow :clap:
What do you use as a backdrop my friend? =)

Wow...just...wow :clap:
What do you use as a backdrop my friend? =)

Thank you very much :) wait untill tomorrow when i upload more of the blocks with liwuid :)

i use something like this,
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/45478-REG/Savage_20_12_107_x_12yds_Background.html

basically i have a wall mount with 2 rolls of paper, one black and one gray.
then i have a single softbox 60*30cm or something,
and then just my htc one M9 :) ..

and then obviously i use ON1 Effects 10 for adjusting the light
and photoshop for logo and final adjustments :)

Mayhems Pastel Blue​

The fluids finally came in from Mayhems.co.uk .
My choice of fluid was the mayhems pastel blue, because i think it was close to the blue color on the wings of the butterfly "blue morpho" hence the name of the build :)
I just couldn't help myself, i had to see how it looked in the GPU block from EKWB.com, and also the freshly painted Ek-Supremacy Evo..
And WOW, looks amazing! the combination of blue and white is just beautiful!
Enjoy :)

Stay Tuned For More Great Images Soon :love: !!​

System Name Joel's Rig
Mouse Roccat Tyon
Software Windows 10 Pro
So photogenic that I'm tempted to drink it.

Installing the EK-Ram modules, and the EK-Ram Monarch x2

So today i took my time to remove the heat spreaders on my 2 x 8GB HyperX ram sticks,
and installed the EK-Ram Monarch adapter modules instead.
After installing the new heat spreaders, i decided to install the EK-Ram Monarch x 2 waterblock as well,
and obviously i just couldn't help myself, and had to fill it up with some of that beautiful looking Mayhems Pastel Blue.
Amazing!! the blue and white colors just look so good together!,,
Seriously can't wait untill everything is installed in the frame, and it's time to fill that bad boy up!.

picking up the frame from paint on monday, and then new images heading your way!!​

Last edited:

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
:respect:

Defo should be rated for 18 years and older, those pics are glorious.

Small update, Got some goodies from IN Win for the frame, images will follow tomorrow.
Along with the images of the freshly painted Frame :) ..

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
Bugger..................i thought i was waking up to a sprinkling of eye candy....:)

Some Goodies On The Way​

So i have some goodies on the way from my friends at E22.Biz
Some engraved parts, SSD covers, Psu side covers, Radiator Grill and some other great stuff.
Will obviously take alot more pictures when the goodies arrive and are being installed.
This post is just a small teaser, and sorry for the image quality, i didn't take the photos,
and was poor light in the work shop.

Stay tuned for better photos once the parts are here.​

The DDC Pump, And New Footstands From In Win​

So today i recieved the EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Pump from EKWB, and also IN WIN sent me Blue rubber Footstands for the D-Frame Mini,
replacing the Black ones that came stock with the red frame when i bought it.
I will add a few images of them mounted on the white frame before i gave it the final 2 layers of paint earlier today. So just to see how it looked.
I am debating on what to do with the nickel plated housing for the pump, and thought about painting it white, but also thought on using white vinyl wrap instead.
Will see what i decide on tomorrow. Have some more vinyl things to do for the build as well, but update will follow on that later.

Stay tuned for tomorrows updates! finished painting the frame today, and it's drying over night.
Will put up images of it tomorrow.​

Painting The IN WIN D-Frame Mini​

So at first i had the frame sent to Powder Coating, but when i came to pick it up it was looking white cream with pink spots all over the place!
Obviously i was very unsatisfied with their result, so i went out and bought some spray paint and re painted the whole thing.
Took me a long time to sand it down, gave it a layer of primer, and 4 layers of the Glossy White spray paint, before i had covered up all the pink and was satisfied with the result.
The IN WIN D-Frame Mini is now hanging over night for drying, and I will see tomorrow morning if it needs an extra layer or not.
Anyways here's a few images of the paint process, and my cool paint setup :)

Had some fun with one of the photos, obviously i did not spray inside while taking a picture, just had a little fun in photoshop and threw some fake spray in the image hehe.

What do you think of my paint setup? Used an old frame for hangin clothes on, tied up some 550 paracord and i had my self a great workstation for the paint job!!
Will upload images tomorrow of the finished paint job.​

System Name Joel's Rig
Mouse Roccat Tyon
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm curious, how did you start doing these kinds of projects and how did you start getting companies to send you hardware?

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Pffft. This doesn't look like the Egg Sack!

I'm curious, how did you start doing these kinds of projects and how did you start getting companies to send you hardware?

Well i started up with buying hardware and a case and just started modding them and making them look good.
Then i got more and more creative, getting inspiration from alot of great modders online, and then just started building all the time.
i would buy everything for at pc, build and mod it, then sell it again straight after it was done, so i could get money for the next idea.

This is the first time a company has actually sponsored some of the hardware for the build, but keep in mind that i still have to buy alot on my own, and pay for paint, custom laser engraved parts, custom waterblock reservoir and a lot of other things.
I remember building 3-4 beautiful projects in a row, and send all images and descriptions of what i had done and stuff, to a few companies, just to let them know about me and what i was doing.
if they like what you are doing and see that they can profit from helping you helping them, then they will look you up.
But i would suggest getting your portfolio big and your cv full of beautifull builds, and hope someone likes what you are doing and contact you.

IN WIN D-Frame Mini After Paint​

So yesterday i gave the frame the last layers of paint, and let it hang to dry over night.
This morning i took it down, put on the new Blue Rubber Foot Stands that i recieved from the nice guys at In Win, and took some images.
I must say that i absolutely love the new paint job! Cant wait to see what it looks like with the custom reservoir and the new GPU mount location.
Also nate at E22.biz just finished some laser engraved parts that are on the way. More updates will follow soon.

Hope you like it !!​

System Name Joel's Rig
Mouse Roccat Tyon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well i started up with buying hardware and a case and just started modding them and making them look good.
Then i got more and more creative, getting inspiration from alot of great modders online, and then just started building all the time.
i would buy everything for at pc, build and mod it, then sell it again straight after it was done, so i could get money for the next idea.

This is the first time a company has actually sponsored some of the hardware for the build, but keep in mind that i still have to buy alot on my own, and pay for paint, custom laser engraved parts, custom waterblock reservoir and a lot of other things.
I remember building 3-4 beautiful projects in a row, and send all images and descriptions of what i had done and stuff, to a few companies, just to let them know about me and what i was doing.
if they like what you are doing and see that they can profit from helping you helping them, then they will look you up.
But i would suggest getting your portfolio big and your cv full of beautifull builds, and hope someone likes what you are doing and contact you.
Thanks for educating me :toast:
I'm not that artsy at all, and would need to save for a bit to make my first "creative" build, but it's an idea for the future; upgrading/modding my personal rig is my priority at the moment :)

Gpu Mount Test, with Waterblock​

So today i wanted to see how the GPU would look with waterblock mounted in the white painted frame.
I installed the waterblock on the GPU (update will follow on that later), then filled it with the mayhems pastel blue, and mounted it onto the frame.
I love it! i am sure this is going to look just perfect once the reservoir/mobo tray arrives from parvum.
Can't wait to put this all together.

Stay tuned guys !!​

Currently somewhere around NSW, Australia
System Name hmmm... / lappy (ASUS Scar III)
Processor Intel Core i7-8086K / Intel Core i7-9750H
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Formula / ASUS G531GW
Cooling Noctua NH-D15s w/ 2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM Chromax and 1 x Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM Chromax Fans / Stock
Memory 4x16gb G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3600mhz / 2x16gb Kingston Hyper X Impact DDR4 2666mhz C15
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 / Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
Storage 2 x Samsung 960 EVO Plus 1tb NVME/ 1tb Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 NVME + 2tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34P / ASUS 15.6" Screen
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2 White-TG + Noctua Chromax Fans / ASUS Scar III Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Logitech Z623 / Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W + PROLINK PRO903WS / ASUS ADP-230GB B Power Brick
Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB / Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB / ASUS Scar III Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 / Windows 10 Professional x64
Subbed! Keep the updates coming! :toast:

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
Gpu Mount Test, with Waterblock

So today i wanted to see how the GPU would look with waterblock mounted in the white painted frame.
I installed the waterblock on the GPU (update will follow on that later), then filled it with the mayhems pastel blue, and mounted it onto the frame.
I love it! i am sure this is going to look just perfect once the reservoir/mobo tray arrives from parvum.
Can't wait to put this all together.

Stay tuned guys !!​

Now we're talking, i like all the really good photo's of individual components but my thing is photo's of the system as a whole being built :)

Either way its looking quite brilliant.

Now we're talking, i like all the really good photo's of individual components but my thing is photo's of the system as a whole being built :)

Either way its looking quite brilliant.

it will come mate, as soon as i have the reservoir/mainboard tray here, then assembly images are coming, but untill then all i can do is take photos of the parts seperate and being installed :)