1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB] [PT, EU] Hardware components for new Rig

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by War_God, Mar 1, 2011.

1. War_God

War_God New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, guys.
    So... I don't think this is common around here, but still, asking is free, right?

So, here's the deal. I've been meaning to buy a new rig for like... 5 years now. Unfortunately, I've never been able to put together the money required for one. I could try and make incremental upgrades, buying one piece of hardware now, another next year, but honestly, that just sucks. What, i's buy a super-duper video card to pair with my P4 and 1gb RAM?:eek:

So, this year, finally, I turned 18, and could get an actual part-time job.
    Now, this is the rig i've come up with:

Phenom 2 X6 1055t
    ASROCK 870 Extreme3
    G-Skill Eco 2x2 GB
    Hd 6950 2Gb (Thanks to it's nifty unlocking capability, otherwise it'd be a 1Gb one)

Now, Since prices in EU usually s**k, and here in Portugal SU** even more, buying these parts here would cost me, EXCLUDING shipping, 628€, give or take (at the least, buying from various online vendors).
    Now... according to paypal, this would convert to around 840$ US.

Now, i've been strolling around newegg, and this exact same setup would cost around 620$, including the shipping fees. That's 220$ less(!!) than buying the parts here. So, for me, that would mean 460€ for this mean rig.

Even if I add, say, 100$ as shipping fees from the US to EU, i'd still save around 120$.

So the question, I guess, is... Would anyone be willing to go trough the hassle of buying this hardware, putting it trough its paces before shipping it my way (Just to see if everything's ok), and shipping it? :confused::respect:

2. War_God

War_God New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for the huge post. I know it's a lot of reading :shadedshu
    I just wanted to make very clear what i'm asking :p

This is just so I can collect myself and put my mind to what i'll do, I'm not posting this thread and counting on doing what it says Tomorrow. I'm just exploring all my possibilities and checking whether this is an option or not.

Anyway, regardless of your answers,
    Thanks in advance, guys. :toast:

3. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    If you can't find anyone from the US, and the UK is still cheaper, i'd be willing to get it and post it for you :)

War_God says thanks.
  4. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    PM'ing

EDIT: Ninja'd!!

5. War_God

War_God New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, man :toast:
    I'll check around some UK pricings to see if it's worth the hassle.

But after a quick peek at amazon.uk, the pricings seem to be on par with the ones over here. But I don't know if amazon is like the best e-tailer in terms of bang for buck...
    In x-box 360 games I know it is, though :roll:

6. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Look on Scan or Ebuyer :)

7. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Actually, War God, I think you're best bet is to get this rig and buy the video card separately ;)
    Don't know why you didn't think of that Moonpig? :laugh:

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I do agree with scaminatrix! but i you still decide on AMD then Here

scaminatrix says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    lol I thought they spelt Radeon wrong at first!!

10. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    If you go on OCs uk, you can customize a PC, you can get a 1090T with 4GB of RAM and a ATI 5770 for like 400euro

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. War_God

War_God New Member

Thanks Received:
    Answered :toast:

12. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Yea they do a couple of good services and their site is nice and clean. One of the guys who started off OCUK was actually a Website Designer (can you guess :laugh: ).
    I ordered my main rig from OCUK. Big mistake. They're rip offs and convicted criminals. But, at the risk of turning this into another OCUK-flame, I'll stay quiet now!

13. War_God

War_God New Member

Thanks Received:
    You now, I actually thought of that, but That rig (awesome as it is :respect:) would cost me about the same as buying the whole component list over here. And i'd really like to spend as little as possible :x you know, university savings and all that...

As for that bundle, it's not bad, but I already have my trusted tuniq tower, my very first solo buy for my computer (being all sentimental on hardware, how :banghead:), so, i'd be spending some bucks for no reason.

Alas, one of the reasons I picked that asrock board was because it supports 8x8 crossfire. I don't see any other board in it's price range doing that :shadedshu

14. banjodido

Thanks Received:
    Hey War God, did you think about the Portuguese customs? I think if there comes a big package, with all your parts in it, they definitely WANT to know whats in there. Even if the declared value is $50. And then calculate the $620+$100+20% IVA+the percentage your customs takes. Thats the price your gonna pay for it.
    I ordered a couple of times stuff from the US to croatia. But only small packages went through w/o being checked (small USPS flatrate Box), with a CPU and RAM in it.
    Don't want to scare you, just give you a hint that you don't end up paying even more. Another thing is the warranty. Not all companies are so nice to accept warranty for there stuff bought in the US in Europe. I think that in Portugal as in the rest in EU the sellers have to offer 2 years warranty, while in the US is just 1 y.

15. War_God

War_God New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually, I hadn't given it much thought... but you DID get me scared :cry::roll:
    Seriously, you did.
    It would be That much? Like, wow.
    yeah, in Portugal there's also that 2 year warranty. I had already considered that, and that's why I was asking for whomever wnated to do me this favor to also test the components. I'd happily waver the warranties for that 120$ reduction in price...

16. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    taxes on electrical imports?

17. banjodido

Thanks Received:
    Why don't you go with some used parts? I think that would be the best thing. Try to get a good deal on this or other forums and buy a CPU and RAM. Then get the rest used in Portugal or maybe Spain.

18. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Yea, especially with the CPU. First thing I did was search the forums for a 1055t and the RAM, but no 1055t's came up, and 2x2GB of 1600 DDR3 is only £33 brand new.

19. War_God

War_God New Member

Thanks Received:
    So, just wanted you guys to know that I ordered my parts today... :rockout::rockout::rockout:

Phenom II X6 1055T
    4Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
    Sapphire HD6950 1GB
    MSI 870A-G54

This was the best I could find for the lowest price. Still... It cost me 523€. And that's with a one-time price on the HD6950... Less 40€.

Input your thoughts, guys. Supposedly the parts arrive on the store tomorrow :D:D

Once again, thanks for all your support and readiness to help.
    +1 to TPU :toast: