1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RAID trouble with windows 7 x64 7068

Discussion in 'General Software' started by kenkickr, Apr 8, 2009.

1. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I recently picked up another 1Tb drive so I decided to slap my WD 1TB Black's together and try them with Windows 7. I'm trying to use Win 7 x64 Build 7068. I've grabbed the Raid drivers from game.amd.com for Vista x64 since I had no issues running 1 of the drives as AHCI on build 7057 and also tried the Raid drivers from Asus...no luck. All I get after I apply the new partion is "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition." It sees the Raid 0 partion but just won't go beyond that point. I think I'm going to try and install 7057 again to see what it does but if anyone has any ideas please post cause I'm all for discovering a solution to this problem. Thanks.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Figured it out. It was the damn Liteon SATA burner causing the problem. I had to remove it from the Boot menu which is pretty strange cause when I had one drive as AHCI I moved the burner to SATA 5 so this issue wouldn't happen and booted off a IDE drive since the SATA rom isn't viewable when the BIOS is posting.

Crunching for Team TPU