1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 banned in EU in fresh Apple patent twist

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by micropage7, Jul 25, 2012.

1. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    I work in the medical field and i know almost all of the old windows tabs that you listed. They were all hovering around $3K with no cellular data connection, 2 hours of in-use battery life, and horrific font scaling. Oh wait, all windows tabs still have those problems, and still cost around $1k-3K. (actually the ones on the left with a handle - the Motion ones- are still the most prefered)

tl;dr - I don't know one owner of any of those tabs, even the android, that would not switch to the 4G LTE iPad 2 retina from Verizon if given a choice.

either way the banning is stupid. let the best product win, thats how we all get better stuff... apple needs to keep innovating to stay where it is.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    You also have to understand that 8 years in computing is eternity. You can't compare performance of a tablet released in 2002 with iPad released in what it was, 2009-2010?

I don't know where you got the idea that Windows tabs are 1-3k bucks today? Win7 tabs are dirty cheap.

3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    You can make anything sound good if you compare it on the right subjects, example is, this rock sounds pretty sweet...
    [​IMG]

But what Apple is talking about is basically the idea of the pad itself, they feel they invented that (for some reason). And not only did they not have the idea first...

It seems Apple owes Kubrick some money, he beat them to it by 40 years.

But thats just the idea itself, those older less functional tablets you talk about are beyond idea, they are a product. Now I have no idea if what you say about them is true, but even if it is. It's the proof of concept that counts, the idea is not new, these things were actually sold. And some of them actually had better features than the ipad did (and maybe still does).
    [​IMG]

Thats why I just think Apple going crazy over this is insane. I'm pretty sure they went after Samsung based on the shape of their design... seriously because no ones ever know what a rectangle with rounded corners was before Apple released the iPad.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  4. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know what parents it is this time?

Something incredibly vague again?

5. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    patents :laugh:

6. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    go get a coffee bro ;)

de.das.dude says thanks.
  7. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Your links are broken in both posts.

8. Depth

Thanks Received:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 banned in EU in fresh Apple parent twist

The C.E.O.'s father was reported to have been "[...] not angry, I'm just dissappointed in you, Timothy"

Read full story

Chevalr1c says thanks.
  9. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    Well, all the Samsung products we have used or are using hasn't failed.
    1.My Samsung SGH E250 lasted 3 years of extreme torture until I took it apart and broke the PCB while soldering
    2.My Samsung S3310 metro was thrown and it fell 1300 times(counted) as we played catch catch with it in college. Still it ran flawlessly. After a few days, I had to smash the LCD with the end of a computer wire socket to make it stop working. The fact is that it still works without the display. You can make calls and listen to music if you remember the menu layout like I do. It is 2 years old.
    3.Our Samsung LCD TV is 3 years now without a single problem.
    4.My sister have the Samsung M2710 working for 3 years without a problem except a few months ago, she had to change the slider flex cable which is common for ANY slider or flip phone after long use. My sister uses her phone very roughly.
    5.Our Samsung DVD player-Bought back in 2006 still works without a single visit to the service center.
    Now my friends and relatives.
    1. Two of my friends have 21" Samsung CRT TVs. One over 10 years old and the other over 8. They work good as new and didn't require any servicing. Even the remotes are good as new. And their audio is better than some home theater systems available now.
    2.2 of my friends have Samsung LCD monitors-one 5 years and the other 3 years. No problems so far.
    So after seeing all these with my own eyes, I can't say Samsung products are bad. Those who say they are bad are either biased, haven't used a Samsung product or has serious bad luck!
    And as for the patent part, I still can't figure out why a company who is always the first to manufacture and invent 3D TVs, AMOLED displays and all have the desire to steal patents.
    And even after all this banning, Samsung has 39% smartphone market share(the largest) compared to Apple having 25%. Source: Internet.

10. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    I hate apple, now i just hate them even more.

patents should only be used in the country it originaly came from, this world wide idea is a joke, it was bad enough when the USA decided to Patent the Ugg boot and told us to stop seeling 'there" ugg boot, when it was a Ausse design for many many yrs before that. Stick to your own country and piss off i say.

11. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    I lol'ed

Crunching for Team TPU