1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sennheiser Headphones $25 shipped

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by mlee49, Sep 9, 2009.

1. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    This is a great deal, Sennheiser makes the best quality headphones I've ever seen and the HD series is a great budget line. The HD202 is slick black and can offer some kickin bass, and for only $25 shipped, it beats everything outthere:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106306&Tpk=26-106-306

I paid $45 from Best Buy for the eH150 model and I would buy them again in a heart beat. Trust me, if you want a quality set of headphones that bump for super cheap, PICK THESE UP!

Anyone who's an audiophile knows Sennheiser makes some killer headphones, and for just $25 you cant go wrong. :toast:

2. audiotranceable

audiotranceable New Member

Thanks Received:
    [sarcasm] nok way dood, get skullcandys they are da best in da world [/sarcasm]

3. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Not a bad deal at all for a decent pair of head phones.

4. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I have seen more Skullcandy's lately than I want. Granted Skullcandy's are [sc]pretty cool[/sc], with their 'urban' logo/paint scheme but the quality is marginal.

See I can use the Sarcasm tags too :)

5. SirJangly

SirJangly New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought these from newegg a few months ago and returned them within a week. They hurt my ears after a few minutes :(

6. audiotranceable

audiotranceable New Member

Thanks Received:
    :rockout::nutkick:

7. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    They are nice, but they are sealed vs the EH lineup which is open air, doesn't help on the painful ears strike too much, step to the HD280 Pro's now that's a different story.

The EH350's are really nice, you can fetch them on fleabay for about $40, retail in some stores for over $150.

I agree Sennheiser FTW!
    Especially when you start considering quality/cost.

8. Flyordie

Flyordie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, since I like Skullcandy I need you to explain that statement since you are making a "positive" claim as to their quality being marginal.
    - What Skullcandy headphones/earbuds have you used?
    - Did they fail?
    - Did you not like them because they were "Bass Heavy"?
    - Did they not provide you with a good warranty?
    - Was their customer service bad?
    - Did the fact that they are an American company bother you?
    I can go on... but u get the point... explain yourself if you make a claim like that.
    --
    They are Bass heavy mainly because of the oversized drivers. My earbuds have 11mm drivers. MOST earbuds only have 6-9mm drivers, some as small as 3mm. The Bass is great, and not muddy if you equalize it right...
    Also, I have used a pair of their Ink'd Series... Survived 6 loads in the washer, 5 in the dryer... only to be killed by a 2006 Explorer running them over. So please, please explain marginal quality for me, I really want to know.

9. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Skullcandy's are a fad, dont get pissy about it. I like the lifetime warranty but the edgy fashionable design is as much a fad as is Ambercrombie Fitch. This thread isn't about bashing Skullcandy(allthough we sarcastically made fun of them), nor is it about why I should have to explain to you squat.

Enjoy your Skullcandy's, I personally dont want to buy them cause they are overrated and over saturated in the market.

Edit, where where you when Skullcandy threw out their 50% discount? Why no thread then? I'm just starting a thread about good deal from a good company.

10. Flyordie

Flyordie New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol, you thought my post was "pissy"? I made a point and you got pissy about me calling you out on your claim. I am not ripping Sen, Sen does make great headphones. All I asked was you explain why you consider Skullcandy's quality "marginal". Since you had no answer, you got pissy with me.
    As for their 50% discount... the "Break them, send whats left of them to us and we will give you 50% off your next purchase" 50% off? If so, thats still around...
    I am not "addicted" to Skullcandy... I just like that they use high quality +bigger drivers* unlike Creative, Sony, JVC, Philips and many others. They are also VERY VERY well priced for their workmanship. Mine are made from laser cut aluminum as an outer casing for the Driver/Earbud.

* I like my music loud and somewhat bass heavy. The past 2 headphones I have had died because they couldn't take the strain of the music I listen to... So far, these SkullCandy Titans have held out for 8 1/2 weeks under even heavier loads than the previous 2 were at. *edit*- The past 2 earbuds were- Creative EP-830s and SONY MDRE-X56LP.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  11. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Ok, well then...

12. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    So are these things good or what? My head is rather large and I saw some reviews about them being tight, along with the guy earlier who said they hurt their ears.

13. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I hate to say it but sennheisers low end is not very good, on the HD202's you get pretty much too much bass and bad mids and highs, then the HD201's have very good mids and highs and almost no bass even on a good amp.

got both of them, the HD202's for me and the HD201 for my dad a few months ago and I have a pair of old phillips IEM's that put them both to shame that costs like 15 bucks.

14. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    When it comes down to it, it always depends on the type of sound and a far second to me the style of the product. Some people feel their stock stereo in their Honda Civic is the best sounding system in the world... Meanwhile people like me pour 50 hours and over $2000 into every car they have ever owned for a stereo.

As for Sens being tight, they are fairly tight, I have a smaller head and they hold well *not painfully*, but all decent headphones will, it's about sealing out the sound around you so it's a good thing, but some do fit softer than others.

I can agree that their low end isn't too great, and the most of what they sell could use a headphone amp, but that's also what you get when you buy something high end.

It kinda works like this, your cheap little boombox sounds not too bad with the speakers included with it, well try to hookup my JBL towers to it and see how it sounds, there isn't enough power and the speakers don't react because of it, now give them some power and you have a very different story.

Skullcandy isn't a bad company, I do not like their sound, it's unbalanced and the response curves are horrific, now this is coming from an audiophile standpoint who demands balance. But honestly you get what you pay for, they hold up well, they look sharp, and they definitely have their market.