• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

ags167

hello

is it possible for me to use different sli with my gtx 760 and a gtx 670 in games like arma 2 or dayz? ive googled a bit and it seems to be a problem with the anticheat of the game (battleeye) which doesnt like windows test signing mode... so is there a workaround or do i just have to stick to one card for that game?

zhi.li

Hi please help i have followed the steps to install but when applying sli setting screen goes black for 5-10 sec then flashes n reboots pc

both gpu is gtx760 mobo is m5a97 le r2.0

Last edited:

Sliker_166

Well lets share my issue on windows 10 !

With the same hardware, DifferentSLI patch worck perfectly and direcly on windows 7 in MBR partition.

Cause now I'm desperate.

-I have try with fresh instal 64 BUILD 10240 and 10576 in English in GPT UEFI.
-I try with normal account and with hide admin account.
-UAC off
-Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
-I always disable by regedit, Windows defender and activate TEST MOD (Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Mode).
-I do it with the DifferentSLIAuto1.3.1 from Github.

And try with NVIDIA driver: 361.43 and 359.06

I always follow:

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software by regedit
3. Delete old Differentsli folder. (not nessesary if windows fresh instal)
4.Activate by regedit TEST MOD (Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Mode).
5. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs. (not nessesary if windows fresh instal)
6. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
7. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
8. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
9. Extract Differentsliauto 1.3.1
10. DISABLE graphics cards in device manager
11. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
12. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
13. Reboot In Safe Mode with networck (shift reboot... )
14. Edit the Install.cmd text and delet this 2 ligne:
"net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin."

15. Run Install.cmd
16. REBOOT
17. ENABLE graphics cards
18. REBOOT
19. Enable Sli in Nvidia control panel. If you don t see the sli option, its fail somewhere !

The patch file look OK

But I get that on safe mod with network after launch Install.cmd:

Certutil look fail !

And in system:

The signature look ok.

The system don t use an nvlddmkm2.sys

I have try a ton of different way but its always fail.
Possible problem caused by windows 10 installed on GPT and UEFI bios activate.

We need a sure and strong protocol and patch for windows 10!

If someone have successes patch it on windows 10, can share in detail is way ...

PLEASE HELP !

EDIT:
I have test with windows 7 fresh instal on a GPT UEFI partition. and differentsli fail to, every think look great but I never get the sli option like before in MBR partition with UEFI activate on bios.
With my actual storage system I can t go back on MBR :(

EDIT2:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD !!!

On windows 7 after patch every thing well, I can t get le sli option in nvidia control panel.
I have try somthing:
Run the OLD antic patch HYPERSLI (HyperSLI_1.0) for emulate a new booting files.
And directly after use it and reboot, the SLI option Is here !!!

I m going to try on windows 10, and I hope the windows 10 boot can be emulate to by this old HYPERSLI patch.

EDIT3:
HyperSLI_1.0 can be launch from win10, but the new boot entries created can t be run, and at the boot device we get a reboot :(

If we can do the same things this HyperSLI_1.0 do too the windows 7 on windows 10, its can solve the problem.

One of the possible problem its can be the fact i m run in UEFI only BIOS mod, and pure GPT for EFI system partition.
before with the same hardware, and with the same win 7 system on classic MBR, the patch worck easy and well.
But now I have migrate the same windows 7 with GPT for UEFI partition, and without patch differantsli with hypersli next, its can t work.
I think I get the same problem on windows 10.

I think the nvidia driver work differently when UEFI only mod is enable in bios OR with GPT partition. and for patch it its should be different.

@mosie

Hi mosie, I created this account only because of you told. I've been reading this topic for over 2 years and never created an account. LOL

So, have you got HYPERSLI 1.0 to work on windows 7 and enable SLI?? Did you have to patch with differentsli or just installed HYPERSLI and rebooted??

Thank you in advance!

Sliker_166

@mosie

A tip for you to get the SLI option enabled on your NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, follow these steps:

1) Install the lastest Nvidia Driver (Mine is 361.75)
2)Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS into the DifferentSLI folder and PATCH IT with DifferentSLIAuto.exe.
3) There is no need to reboot in safe mode. Go to device manager and disable ALL graphics cards.
4) Run Install.cmd (There is no need to edit anything).
5) Reboot and you should be able to active SLI.

2x GTX 460 SE on my Gigabyte X48-dq6 works beautifully in SLI! ;)

If it still doesn't work tell us.

*Note.: I have used DIFFERENTSLI v1.3.1
**Note.: Always use RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
***Note.: My partitions are MBR.

Thank you very much @anatolymik and @Ember you guys ROCK!!!

Last edited:

keclear

Thanks for this awesome tool! Finally got SLI to work in a Dell T7910 workstation with two 980 Ti. The T7910 is supposed to work in SLI mode with Quadro cards, but no word on GTX cards. Using the patched driver the two 980 Ti works perfectly in SLI.

AtanEko

Guys i have a big problem... I've got DifferentSLI to work on win 10 but everytime i start a game the PC will restart without reasons, i don't think it's a PSU problem because it's SLI certified (700W) and my gpu are 2 gtx 660... Can someone help me?

Sliker_166

Hi @AtanEko!

You need to full uninstall Nvidia drivers. Back on this discussion you can find some tips to use an specific tool from guru 3d to clean all Nvidia drivers on your computer.

Sorry for don't post here the full step by step, but I'm without time right now. If can't solve, post here, when I get home post here the full tutorial. OK?

Bye! ;)

AtanEko

Hi @AtanEko!

You need to full uninstall Nvidia drivers. Back on this discussion you can find some tips to use an specific tool from guru 3d to clean all Nvidia drivers on your computer.

Sorry for don't post here the full step by step, but I'm without time right now. If can't solve, post here, when I get home post here the full tutorial. OK?

Bye! ;)
I've just tried to uninstall drivers with DDU in safe mode and then reinstall with the clean option selected in nvidia installation, but nothing changed the pc will restart anyway... It would be great if you could post all the steps :(

cull3r

hey guys!
when found this topic and i was freakin happy !
i have a gtx760 , 750 and a 460!
just bought 2 adapter , and i just realised that the first 3 number of device id must match :/
im very sad now. btw. i have win10 too so i dont know . can i use the second card somehow ? only for physix or?

my mobo is a gigabyte z170x-gaming3

ps. i found a 770 phantom under 150bucks, it would match perfectly to my 760... i consider to buy that card :D

n4.4

HI

its an amazing news i just found out this different SLI thing and i can't believe my eye :

Can someone who have experience ort he is an expert answer my question as i need to make sure coz the 2nd gtx my friend have and its not easy to bring it from him :)

I have crossfireready/non sli read MB MSI Z77A-G41 :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0446076&PID=3821802&SID=il11nyfco2000a1700053

i have 2 identical GTX 770 2gb

can i run this method to make my mb support sli ? and if yes then how much bug (errors during game play , artifact or others ) i get comparing to the official SLI MB support ?

thanks .

ochi2006

Hello everyone with this method works sli but if I try to extend my 2 monitors from the monitor link failure. Solutions?

Duzonn

Hi!
I recently bought another GTX 970 and had to use differentsli auto to sli them. It was just fine! Sli option turn enable but in nvidia control panel show the message "For optimal 3D performance, connect the SLI-ready graphics cards with an SLI connector." Is it normal?
My specs, windows 10 pro, MB Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, PS Corsair AX1200i, GTX 970 Zotac Amp Extreme, GTX 970 EVGA FTW.
I tried to change the sli connector to another one but the message still there.
SLI.jpg

@mosie

A tip for you to get the SLI option enabled on your NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, follow these steps:

1) Install the lastest Nvidia Driver (Mine is 361.75)
2)Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS into the DifferentSLI folder and PATCH IT with DifferentSLIAuto.exe.
3) There is no need to reboot in safe mode. Go to device manager and disable ALL graphics cards.
4) Run Install.cmd (There is no need to edit anything).
5) Reboot and you should be able to active SLI.

2x GTX 460 SE on my Gigabyte X48-dq6 works beautifully in SLI! ;)

If it still doesn't work tell us.

*Note.: I have used DIFFERENTSLI v1.3.1
**Note.: Always use RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
***Note.: My partitions are MBR.

Thank you very much @anatolymik and @Ember you guys ROCK!!!

Hi for trying to help me.

I have already try this way many time with different variation, but its never work.

I think the problem is link with VT x and/or windows 10 block something somewhere...

I have continue to search a way by myself but nothing work, even when everything look fine: (patching, installing, signing ....)
after patching the sli option windows always disappear.

With no patch, the sli option window is here but the ''maximise 3D performance'' option stay lock.

System Name Te Juggernaut
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Watercooling Loop
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) 3X GTX 660 Ti`s
Power Supply Cooler master Silent Pro 1000 w
Mouse Razer Deathader
Hey! Nvidia 364.47 driver version is not patched anymore with Different SLI Auto 1.3.1...please help!

crazycajun

Hey! Nvidia 364.47 driver version is not patched anymore with Different SLI Auto 1.3.1...please help!

same problem here, win10 64bit (2x gtx660oc gigabyte - GA 970A UD3) do not patch NVL file

Last edited:

KuroiRyuu

Did someone solve problem with driver sertification and disabling testing mode?
New anticheat systems blocks me because i have enabled testing mode.
As i understand we need testing mode because windows see by .inf file what all driver files have same sign (or its different from sign in .inf file) except one - nvlddmkm.sys and marks it's untrusted anyway.
Am I right?
Maybe we somehow can change .inf file?
Or resign all nvidia .sys files?

crazycajun

Now trying to uninstall alla win10 update and clean alla driver etc., andò try a safe install with last working driver 362.00

No way! Now with alla driver do not work anymore , tryied all bit my VGA after install.cmd are not detected, now create a partitionn with win7 andò try again

Think the problemi is win10 something like win defender or update kill differentsliauto

Last edited:

TigerBlitz

Finally i did it right.

- Sorry for my low level english.

It works on NVIDIA 9 series GPUs

- My System

CPU: AMD FX-8350, 4119 MHz (20.5 x 201)
MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3, AMD Chipset (non SLI support, just CrossFireX)
RAM: G Skill RipjawsX F3-14900CL10-8GB XL
GPU: 2x NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 MB - 256 BIT) Asus EN9600 GT and Zotac 9600 GT

- Some steps for what I did.
#1 Remove Win 10.
#2 Install Win 7.
#3 Install MoBo drivers.
#4 Update GPU driver. (which version recommended by nvidia website)
#5 Connect SLI to other GPU.

#6 Press start button, type in search section "cmd" then Right Click "cmd" and run as admin.
#7 Type in "bcdedit.exe -set testsigning on".
#8 Then R-start PC.
#9 Go to the Windows Driver folder "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" and find and copy "nvlddmkm.sys" file and paste it into "DifferentSLIAuto" folder.
#10 I'm used "DifferentSLIAuto1.3.1" version. Just open directory then just hit "DifferentSLIAuto.exe" click to "Patch" button
#11 After close it and run "Install.bat". Just wait until the it will say "Reboot" and "Happy Ending".
:peace::roll::lovetpu::roll::lovetpu::roll::lovetpu::roll::peace:

crazycajun

No way! Now with alla driver do not work anymore , tryied all bit my VGA after install.cmd are not detected, now create a partitionn with win7 andò try again

Think the problemi is win10 something like win defender or update kill differentsliauto

i have tryed all, about 10h of test, on win10 work but only on a fresh install, win7 full compatible never got a problem, the prblem with win10 is the procedure, u have to install DSA always on the same way, if u miss a step u broken all the future DSA installation.

conclusion: we have to wait DSA full compatible with WIN10, but i don't think that become true

crazycajun

i have tryed all, about 10h of test, on win10 work but only on a fresh install, win7 full compatible never got a problem, the prblem with win10 is the procedure, u have to install DSA always on the same way, if u miss a step u broken all the future DSA installation.

conclusion: we have to wait DSA full compatible with WIN10, but i don't think that become true

but on win10 sli scaling is rly bettere .

example: GTA V WIN7 64bit all on very high/msaa-2x 35/50 fps
GTA V WIN10 64bit all on very high/msaa-2x 50/70 fps

some games have some graphics option broken(if u activate the game drop a lot of fps) so any time u try a game with DSA u have to putt all option to LOW (ALL)

somebody do something, im not a programmator

Mouse Razer Deathader
Do you have plans for a new Different SLI Auto version to support new Nvidia drivers? Please say yes...T.T

Mouse Razer Deathader
By the way for all of you that have issues installing Different SLi auto you can check this video tutorial...is spanish language but i added some english subtitles hope this help all you...cheers

Last edited: