1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp! Official IC Diamond Test

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by stinger608, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Better send that for chemical analysis
    remixedcat and tigger say thanks.
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am guessing that is Aluminum Oxide residue from not completely cleaning off the previous TIM prior to ICD usage. Some sort of chemical reaction, much like a kidney stone!
  3. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    You crack me up fella :toast:
  4. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Andrew gave me about 20 tubes of IC7. I have used it for years with literally 30 heatsinks and reapplied it to my waterblock a hundred times along with using it 20 times with my Dice Runs and the product works perfect so I have no idea why the rant....
  5. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    this isn't about ICD7 it is about ICD24, and I'm guessing a very specific batch.
  6. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Never used it... It seems like it may be an isolated instance or is there more than 1 case. If there is not more than 1 case it could be a heatsink issue with the metal(s) used. I am late to the party on this.
  7. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    since there is a lot to read in this thread I would point you to look at all the ICD reps posts with links to the pdf that shows all the damages reported aside from mine to show it was more than one person with various coolers. I do suggest reading the last 8-10 pages to fully catch up though.
  8. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    If it turns out that a bad batch was manufatured, hell that kind of crap happens all the time, that's a more than forgivable offense.

The outright hostility and douchebaggery from a company rep and/or CEO means I will never consider your product.
    AsRock, Easy Rhino and remixedcat say thanks.
  9. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Also if anyone is interested in trying out some other paste with a much more calm and relaxed environment, it seems that Thermaltake is on the move with an offer that should give those who want to remove ICD24 from their procs, but have no other paste, or general testers for their various formulations they are trying out now! http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187422

might as well right?
  10. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    Ok, here are the pictures. I've included them in a zip file to avoid alterations in the upload process (watermarks, recompression, etc.)

Content's of README.TXT

Andrew, I sent them to Chris too, as instructed. YGPM.

Attached Files:

crazyeyesreaper says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this seems a bit ridiculous. the PDF report shown in the post above mine pretty much says 'the image was resized and recompressed, but we cant find anything to show its doctored'

the hostility here is amazing. no efforts to verify the batch sent out was bad, and a lost cooler?

shit, this would have been good publicity if they'd just replaced anything that was damaged (sure it'd cost em a few bucks, but it'd be good PR) instead of this crap.
    remixedcat says thanks.
  12. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    Andrew offered that (see bottom of this post) and in fact replaced sneeky's heatsink. Sonda had already RMAed his block and my CPU was an ES chip so I couldn't really give it up (no $ value and could potentially give a friend some problems). :eek:
    Mussels says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i'm going to hazard a guess as to what really happened here.

either by accident or by design (cheaping out) diamond flour larger than in previous ICD TIM's was used.

When compressed tightly against a somewhat brittle surface (a smoothed CPU/GPU die) it has caused small chunks to fragment off, pitting the surface. none of the hardware was destroyed - merely surface damage.

So in this case, why didnt ICD simply check the batch for contaminants and let us know about that? why was no replacement thermal paste offered, confirmed free of contaminants?

Why instead was threats of legal action, comments about shooting dead grandmothers, and comments about a massive conspiracy theory all manufactured by the CEO of ICD?
    SonDa5 says thanks.
  14. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    They did check (or at least they said they did, check the previously referred post). I always thought it was related to all the TIM shuffling I did but I wanted them to come to a solution (maybe an IC approved surface cleaner, a la Arctic Clean) not invent a conspiracy. :ohwell:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i missed that (its a big thread). kudos to andrew for that one.
  16. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    I need cliff notes
  17. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    EXACTLY! He is trying to say that we all have conspired against him and his goddamned company and throwing manipulated results. :mad:
  18. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I think I know what is going on. It can be one of two things you either are payed from competitors company to kill the reputation of you present company or you are just impostor not even working there. You must wonder how I figure this out it is quite simple, it is unrealistic how much you suck at your job. I`m going to name term after you "Suicide PR" at first I was thinking about "Harakiri PR" but harakiri is about honor and dignity and you can`t be more far away.

I would like to nominate you IC Diamond for Darwin Award -
    "They recognize individuals who have contributed to human evolution by self-selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death or sterilization via their own (unnecessarily foolish) actions."
    ne6togadno and RCoon say thanks.
  19. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    why is everyone getting all butt hurt here? What image are we even talking about?
  20. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Read the thread. A bunch of people reported damaged chips/IHS, the rep wanted pictures, they took pictures, posted them here, sometime there the pictures changed sizes, rep sends them to a forensic company that came to the conclusion the images have been resized. Also that some of them have been tampered with ie doctored to make IC look bad. Mild shitstorm occurs, unsurprisingly.
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  21. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  22. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
  23. SonDa5

SonDa5

Thanks Received:

I was never offered anything. An apology or at least recognition of the problem that I had would have been satisfactory. Swiftech was the hero in my situation.

IC D you still have time to make things right and get back on track to moving forward with your TIM. You really do owe an apology.
  24. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    And this my friend is why this guy is such a douche nugget. I for one go through a hell of a lot of thermal paste. I don't give a shit if the goes comes up with the greatest thermal paste ever known to man, I still wouldn't use his shit. I would rather use the $2 to $3 crap paste and let my stuff sweat then give him any of my money. It is just not right what he did to our community and to our fellow members here. We have each others back here at TPU.
    remixedcat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    This man can't even take criticism.
    I wonder what he's doing running a business if he goes into panic mode at the first signs of feedback.

He's just removed all the posts which some TPU members had made explaining what happened to them when they used IC Diamond. But obviously he didn't delete his original where he said that TPU members were orchestratedly attacking him and photoshopping photos...

What a coward.
    sneekypeet and remixedcat say thanks.