1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Dedicated PhysX card FAQ - Read this before asking any questions!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by erocker, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    sadly, no. I tried leaving as many Nvidia DLL's out as possible without preventing the game from running. To no avail. also tried running it with other combinations, same result.

I'm not exactly experienced with this, but could it be that only a part of physx is getting accelerated? I noticed that cuda wasnt ticked in the gpu-z window, while physx was. That, and that both the hybrid fix, and the borderlands map have references to cuda(so it must be important right?). One could argue that fluidmark could correctly work, while borderlands doesnt, because fluidmark doesnt use cuda?

I'll try and backtrack/redo my whole installation tomorrow(using the new beta catalyst huehue), unless I/someone come(s) up with another solution.
  2. Turmeric New Member

Thanks Received:
    i remember my last pc, bought three nvidia 260, hoped i could get 2 of them in sli and one as dedicated physx... end of story i only used 1 card the 5 years i had the thing, nice project.......crysis 1 was on top back then, could never get that thing playable.
  3. jcgeny

jcgeny

Thanks Received:
    the hybrid physx is no longer working with latest drivers , but 2013 games and before are all playable .
    in xcom-bureau after the middle of game there are plenty of aliens and physx and need a card .
    that is two month i started a new build with 3 gtx570 and a gtx280 , to play mafia2 and batman origin [that does not play with hybrid physx] with a lot of fps . batman origin is not as good as the first and the part where batman is under drugs , but some things are great , that is bad that there is no story and too much fights with too strong enemies .
    the souncard is an asus hdav that has hdmi in-out , the gtx280 does the video in , hard-drives are two pci-e revodrive ;']
    that should be great ....more over because i use a 2x cpu 6 cores 2.8 Ghz and 2 x 24 Go of ram .
    i found nearly all on ebay at very good price . most things are second hand but all cards work and cpus + vgas are all watercooled so i think it is sure they will live long .
    here is how it looks , sorry photo is not great because of not enough lights

[​IMG]