1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Totally chuffed at the moment,

Checked randomly to see if my dead Samsung F1 was still under warranty and low and behold it was! Ive used it as a paperweight, tea coster and heatshield/heatsink for the last 2years - anything but plugging it in after it developed problems and im just totally amazed its still under warranty.

So its going for RMA tomorrow. hopefully samsung send me a F3 back *fingers crossed* I know they probably wont though.

:EDIT:

they could also 'upgrade' me to a 500Gb F3 instead. not 100% happy about losing 250Gb, but id still take it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    They might if they dont stock the F1 anymore, they are obligated to send you an alternative if they cant repair or give a like for like replacement. Didnt know the warranty on those was that long. I wonder if Samsung still fulfil warranties or if its Seagate now?

Aria are doing the 2500k for £155 on special offer but im still glad i saved a little going second hand "new" lmao.

3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Are electric shavers any good? I have always used a "traditional shaver", but I want to give them a try. My understanding is that people who needs to shave daily hates the electric shaver, while the people who shaves once a few days like them. I belong to the latter, and are there any other opinions?

4. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking they had enough refurbed F1's floatin around to send back. I was supposed to say I hope they send me a 1Tb F3, but its most likely gonna be the 500GB model if they dont send an F1 back. oh well.. the F3 is still faster then the F1 and i can use it as a dedicated games drive and offload all my games to it. gonna be interesting in finding out what they send back, and also interesting to see how long their RMA takes as its the first time Ive RMA'd anything samsung.

Youre also correct that they could send me a seagate back. If they do im putting it up on ebay and the FS section here before I even lay a finger on the anti-static wrap it comes in.

the samsung fails and they give me back another hard drive thats build quality and realiability are seriously questionable and a source of many data loss nightmares - do not want

Id drop it faster then matyr in call of duty.

5. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    just do a gok wan and wax it.

6. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Nothx

7. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    chicken shit :p

8. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    They work fine, same deal with razors the better one you get the closer the shave. I did have an electric Philips shaver and it was better than a cheap disposable razor for sure. Now that i am growing a beard in again i will probably use hair clippers again to trim it because the trimmer thing i have just now is crap.

IF you shave regular or even just so often your better with an electric shaver because you save money (maybe) and also convenience. Takes 2 mins to shave using an electric shaver where as razors can take ages and you have to faff about with foam and hot water ect, fuck that lol.

LOL that was my serious answer.

Fourstaff says thanks.
  9. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    This I can agree with, I got a really good philips one a few years ago (you know the one that squirts out the balm as you shave, that looks like... well you get the picture) and it was nearly if not as good as a close wet shave, howver it was very harsh on my skin where wet shaving wasn't and I had to stop using it everyday as the rash became that bad. So for an everyday shaver I would say no, can't beat a wet shave, for once every few days then yea, they're great and as close as wet shaving thses days.

Fourstaff says thanks.
  10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I didn't think of people who got irritated skin by shavers because it never occurred to me. Guess the only way is to try one and see, kinda expensive if you end up after a few months going back to razors.

11. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Talking of shaving, anyone participating in Movember?

KieranD says thanks.
  12. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    No.

I itch when I don't shave for more than 3 days and look like a hobo too :rolleyes:

13. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    might be the type of shaver as well, the ones like those that Braun do (like this - http://www.braun.com/uk/male-grooming/series-shavers/series-3.html) are completely different in design to the one's like phillips do

14. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Fair enough. I can grow a beard but I look like a 13 year old pikey atm with my 'tash'.

:(

15. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I am growing a beard back but if i didn't grow in patches i would have shaved it for Mo'vember at the start of the month and grew just a tash.

16. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I was going to, but then I thought that less than 50 strands of hair at 0.5cm each by the end of the month is not going to make much difference.

17. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I have a 7 series philips which is pretty awesome, i have never used a blade as my bad acne before prevented me from using it.
    I paid £40 for it last year they are double now!!!

personally i dont like the braun ones.. philips are more comfortable for me.

18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Personally. I never completely shave, but i like to keep it neat.

So what i do is get one of them electric trimmers the hair dressers usually use when their not using a pair of scissors, slap a #1 attachment on it and off we go.

not a clean shave but its not messy either. But of course it depends where you work. the company i used to work for didnt mind facial hair so long it was neat and not over the top, Unfortunately some of the clients we worked for didnt think the same way and saw it as looking unprofessional. but thats what happends when you have to work around corporate pigs whose annual salary makes your payslip look like a money off coupon for Tesco's.

19. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I have a shaver but i do use the same as you minus the attachment. Shaving fully makes me look too young

On another note, i have a lecturer who looks like sebastien Vettel

KieranD says thanks.
  20. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I hate beard trimmers, i just use proper hair clippers.

LOL

Hahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    cheesy999 and Bo$$ say thanks.
  21. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Just ROFL man :roll:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    KieranD says thanks.
  22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    trying to decide if i should get Day Of Defeat:source or Red Orchestra 2 from steam

23. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    i want red orchestra, it is far better and a newer engine.
    nice devs too

24. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Red Orchestra is ultra realistic but thats its charm, its different from the usual run and gun because you have to really watch what your doing and be patient. I really would like to buy it but i just have other stuff to buy.

DoD:Source is oldish now, i haven't played it in donkey years.

EDIT: Ah here we go, i know people hate on IGN but the video reviews are handy.
    http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/09/21...-of-stalingrad-video-review?objectid=14346819

tigger says thanks.
  25. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    RO2 is freaking great fun if you have a couple of mates (or more) to play with. The lack of true AA is fucking criminal though. I can't stand aliasing and some of the maps are just ruined by it. I expect it'll be cheaper in the Crimbo Steam sale.