1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse Crazy Dogmatic Bullsh!t!

Thanks Received:
    bought RO last night, since it was going for £4 on steam. it got better reviews then RO2, might grab RO2 when that drops to around the same price
  2. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Apologies for hijacking the thread but I've just ordered myself a shiny new PC (well I'll build it up) and it's replacing my x58 set up. I'll be looking at flogging off the old build which will include a very heavy Silverstone Fortress FT02 case.
    I'm not posting in the FS forum yet as I'd like to know if anyone in the UK clubhouse needs a nearly complete set up and if people can travel or meet for pick up etc.

If anyone is interested you can PM me and then I'll put it into the proper FS forum. Not asking for price ideas or fishing for value, just seeking out interest in the parts (preferably to sell as a whole -minus the gfx and HDD):

Silverstone Fortress FT02 (windowed & watercooled)
    Biostar T Power X58 mobo
    6 GB OCZ Reaper
    Core i7 920
    Seasonic 850D PSU
    XSPC RASA cpu block
    Hardware Labs GT Stealth 360 (3 Akasa Viper fans)
    D5 Vario Pump and EK X-Top
    Bitspower single bay reservoir
    (no gfx or HDD included - they're going into my new build)

The BIOS has stored OC profiles and currently runs at Memory 1440 and core at 3.6 HT on.
    Pics here: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52032&page=60 post 1496

Again apologies for hijacking but need to source interest from normal forum members before the jackals in the FS forum get a sniff :D

Kieran, you're local, you know anyone? :p
  3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Thats a nice setup. Ah crap i dont really know anyone in the market right now, well im going Sandy myself but i digress.
    I dunno what the score is, i know you cant do feeler threads but this thread seems to be different to the other parts of the forum.

EDIT: Heavy = PITA, thats why i never bothered selling my NZXT Tempest, its just in a box under the stairs.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  4. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, heavy is a bitch for postage, funny thing is, I'm very partial to my x58 build, if it doesn't sell, it'll go on my mantlepiece so i can look at at everyday! I still stand by my conviction that the Fortress is one of the nicest cases around. I'd be keeping it if it wasn't for the fact the 580 lightning is so long i had to put a slim form rad in the bottom (and will be putting a 120.4 in my new TJ07 :D)
  5. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well If you dont mind parting the system out (meaning id take everything but the case & the SSD) for a good price, I have a friend who might be interested in taking it off you.

I was gonna give him an old back up rig of mine but the deal fell through when the damn clunker wouldnt boot.

think about it, and pm me with a price if youre interested and i'll go talk to him.
  6. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    What do you think is the best sound in the world?

my vote would go to the THX Deep note
  7. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    My lil boys laugh beats that hands down ;) :toast:
  8. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    If this is true you should contact a movie studio, that would probably be an amazing start to a movie :laugh:

:A THX certified film (HA HA HA HA HA HA HA) (or whatever the closest sound to laughter is that you can type)
  9. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  10. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    that would be the image that would go with it

edit:as it turns out my phone wasn't displaying that as a video for some reason,all I saw was some old guy with a beard
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    My Hyperglide mouse skates finally arrived after almost a month of waiting (stuff sent from singapore take lightyears to arrive it would seem :shadedshu:shadedshu)

My G500 feels like a new mouse with these on!! the original mouse feet were so worn down you could almost say that logitech skimped out on the quality of them to give you the G500 at £30-35.
  12. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I just got a email today, i got a xmas job at the royal mail, £6/hr-£8hr ot which it says should be available, my shift is 10pm till 6am. i am so chuffed my hands are shaking.
  13. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Well done!

:toast:
  14. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Congrats man :toast:, is that through an agency by any chance?
  15. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    A bit of extra dosh for crimbo wont go amiss. might be able to treat my baby (my pc of course)this xmas then

Its through somewhere called angard staffing, i think they recruit for the royal mail.
  16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    £6-8p/h?? LOL i used to get paid more then that while working for them. boy they really dropped the ball.

Working for R.M is nothing special. they used to give you decent pay but since all the budget cuts all they give you is minimum wage as a casual/temp. good luck getting anywhere close to £8. If they were to offer you over time they wont pay you extra for it. you'd be stuck at the same rate.
  17. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    That's why I asked if iut was an agency, RM pay more than £6ph and you should be on a lot more than that considering it's a night shift, but your happy and that's all that matters, £6ph is better than the rock n roll anyway :toast:
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    the Agency recuit for RM but RM still pays the casuals directly

The only agency RM pay the agency before the agency pays you is called MANPOWER. RM used to hire a lot of staff from manpower but that was because RMs Directors wife was the Director of that agency. and hell... they got paid better then us!! - RM own casual staff!!

we used to get paid £7.60p/h. and Manpower got paid around £8p/h because manpower gave them extra for 'lateshift allowance'

fuck knows anyway. theres so much Politics and stuff wrong with RM internally that i dont even want to work there anymore.

For instance...They wouldnt give RM casuals over time. - Because they were giving it all to agency staff and if agency staff didnt want it, they gave it to permie staff.

I rallied together a group of casuals to complain about this to the shift manager. Agency and Permie staff cost more. We get paid less, We are RM's own staff even though we are casuals - we are recruited directly through RM and not agency - we should be offered overtime first.

thats not even half of the problems that are wrong with RM.

Obviously it differs depending which sorting office you go to, but Ive been working for them for something like 4years lol, so I know what goes on inside.
  19. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Overtime is £8/hr, it said what the pay rates are when i first got the info off angard.

Whatever, its still a nice little bonus for xmas, my rent is only £140/month too.

It might be more than £6/hr for nights, i cant remember.
  20. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Nice job, one question though, is it a night shift? or did you just type the times wrong?
  21. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    How the hells your rent £140 a month, you live with your folks?
  22. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    It is night shift yes, I prefer night shifts personally, as it means I can still do stuff during the day if I need to. EDIT Also pay is weekly in arrears which is ok.

I live in a shared house with 4 other friends, so our rent is cheap :)
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  23. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am paying almost that amount a week. Dammit, central London! :mad:
  24. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    you know whats better then youtube

Youtube XL --> YouTube XL

just found out it actually works on PC's as well as the devices i normally used it on (like PS3)

EDIT:I've just found out something interesting, the i3-2367 has the same performance as an Athlon x2 260, despite the Athlon X2 being at 3.2GHZ, and the i3 being at 1.4GHZ, really shows how GHZ's are no longer a reliable measurement of processor speed at all
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    everything is based on arcitechture and performance per clock ratio. I picked up an old athlon firebird rig that had a 1.8Ghz processor.

that 1.8 was terribly slow compared to some of the 1Ghz Intel Pentium M's i've used in the past.