1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

This may or may not be helpful

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kymberly_S, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Kymberly_S New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a thread running in the network area. I have been trying to find the specs for the mobo, which I can't find on it, so took a photo.. which was no good.. so tried the pause break on start up.. which didn't work with this computer..

I think this may be a useful bit of software for future reference with people looking for answers in here.

http://www.cpuid.com/

Then go to the CPU-Z link on the left, then there are the latest versions of software on the left that once installed, shows you the specs to you CPU, Caches, Mainboard, Memory, SPD, Graphics etc..

I don't know anything about this and you probably use other stuff. Just thought it 'might' be useful.. because you guys have helped me so much..

2. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes. another two softwares that said everything of your system and are also free are Speccy and Lavalys Everest Home Edition (There was a legal way to get the engineer version for free in one thread but i dont remembere where)

3. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    This has been a vital program for enthusiasts for a long time. No PC should be without it. :)

4. Kymberly_S New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah... I thought there would be a few around and for sure you guys would know of them .. I am pretty green I guess .. now I have been here asking questions for a couple of months I realise how little I know..

But... I didn't want to just find something useful and not share.. Pretty useful software hey.. :)

Just what the Dr. ordered.