1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU Dota 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by ThunderStorm, Dec 28, 2012.

1. sabre23

Thanks Received:
    Spiritbreaker bash or skullbasher and i always rush for basher on slark . Bloodseeker rupture counter is not silence and shadowblade but teleport scroll.

2. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    I already liked ogre magi. It's a fun hero to play with. Now with ignite multicast, it'll be truckloads of fun.

3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I like ogre too, the banter between the two heads is very entertaining. Stun, slow, buff for carries, what else can you ask for?

4. sabre23

Thanks Received:
    yeah same here, i like to play ogre magi and jakiro the twin head dragon..:toast:

but aghanim spell mana cost is way too high.

5. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i dont like jakiro much. too easy to evade, and very slow moving creature.
    ive taken a liking to wind runner though.

also heard my lil drow will be getting beefed up soon!

6. sabre23

Thanks Received:
    Broodmother is back in action and will be feared once again.

Have you guys think of any solution to counter her?

7. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Earthshaker, Sand King, Bounty Hunter

8. sabre23

Thanks Received:
    ^^I am not talking about usual counters but bounty is much needed now to track her cliff jumping.

9. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    i like the new drow :D

10. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    silence... daedalus.. dust of appearance...

11. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Going by your playing records, you ONLY like to play with Drow, Huskar and Windrunner. (by decreasing order)

12. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    no.. those are not by play records, but by success rate. ive been learning necrolyte too.
    and i dont see the problem with playing with just one character. Traxex is hawt, and i just bought her a new wardrobe XD
    people say drow is for noobs thats cuz most people who pick drow are noobs. i always mid with drow and it takes me 10mins to take that tower.

13. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    That's a start.
    Then you still have a lot to learn.
    For all pick (which is what I've seen you play 98% of the time), most of the times that's ok (because sometimes you should really pick a specific hero to counter another one, if nobody else is going to counter him), but there's a reason there's a large number of heroes to pick. Also, that would imply that you wouldn't be a very contributing player in random draft, single draft, least played, captain's mode and captain's draft because you never get out of your very small comfort zone.
    Because you're still dealing with noobs. A competent player will counter a drow easily.

14. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    hey, been playing with 25lvl and ups lately! feeels gooood! and yes you are right they do know how to counter me! this dude was denying all the creeps! lol.
    and they keep huksar to counter me. he can easily do it with his leap of fate.

im learning necro, but he feels a bit slow.

wind was updated, so i want to try her out

15. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    A competent drow can easily carry a team, so it goes both ways. I would rather he stick with one hero and learn all the basics of the game (warding, last hitting/denying, ganking, tempo control, etc) before trying out other heroes.

de.das.dude says thanks.
  16. Samo_Krose

Samo_Krose

Thanks Received:
    if you want to get mad, upset, frustrate from people special called noobs !! lol welcome to dota,

i'm almost on 990 games on dota, and i can tell u one day i was noob, like so called noob, but i learned by asking and see how people playing and when i do mistake i listen and try to fix that mistake, which uncommon now for noobs they start calling the one who is playing well a noob, and when u try to guide them !!! lol be aware of reports, to be honest it is wonderfull game untill retarded noobs had attacked the game,

there is no harm to be noob, but to be noob + retarded? !!! that is completly un acceptable,

i still love that game and i enjoy it with my very best friend, if u guys would like to play sometimes add me on steam Samo_Krose

this game is all about team work and sweet support, not who kills more ,, aslong team work on the go anyteam will lose, and should be 1000% understanding each other make tricks, and most important is, tp with u all the time, so u could tp to ur friend when they need u , and don't be greedy, if u r support u should actually aid ur tank or carrier friend to farm most the creeps, and buy wards, ,, i wanted to make a really good team,, if any one is interested do add me on steam :)

17. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    this worked out well. i can now play all heroes etc. it was really good to stick to drow ranger and learn the strategy and other aspects of the game.
    i havent played drow ranger in a long long long time. i now wait for everyone else in the opposing team to pick, then pick a counter hero :)

18. LightningJR

LightningJR

Thanks Received:
    oh you're one of those... :/

sometimes people even pause the game if other people haven't picked a hero after the game starts.. probably researching to see what counters what to have a leg up...

19. Samo_Krose

Samo_Krose

Thanks Received:
    lol that why the more u r late to pick hero the more money is gone, :D

what i hate about that is when u play randomly! with random people,,

every one wanna pick for their own, i mean they don't talk to each other they don't discuss who is support or who is carry or tanker?!

despite that the game is addictive and so nice, i hate jurks people who communicate not, they know this game is a communicating game team work, and still with that they do as they please,

ohhhhhh or when u play captin mode, that now it goes to the below retard rate, special when the captin chose what he please and choose for other what they like not or what they can play most,

i have ruined couple games cause the captin was entirely jruk, and they called me noob lol,

to get the right hero for everyone, u need to be communicating to the team and see how u guys willing to counter all these hero and on that base u start picking ur hero, or u just don't need to wait for them to pick, sometimes u have a hero who is not actually counter but with the effort of team work and coordinates and how u guys make ur tactic, !

i was a support once playing dazzle, ! llol i love this support, i got 23 Kills, :D almost carry the game ahahhaha,

but any how, i wish to see people who are so much into a teamwork than talking blah blah blah,

20. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    im not stupid. i pick before the timer runs out. else you loose a lot of coin and coin is valuable when picking a carry. i dont let anyone pause after the timer has run out.

21. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    this is why i pick at the end so that i can pick something to balance out the team. you should play in captains draft. there people dont complain about what they want. if they do just dont give them that lol.

i dont play all pick anymore. just captains draft, random draft or all random.

22. Samo_Krose

Samo_Krose

Thanks Received:
    well choosen, i love captin draft, as the matter is i know i played dota enough to be semi pro, ! 990 games or more, but i still don't like to play with few heros and i would be difenetely suck with them ,, in that case that why i hate random draft, but captin draft not bad unless ig ot a hero i don't play lol

and i agree with u for the point where u choose in the last, always make sure not to pass the times :D coin are absolutely important at first to buy stuff, !!

noobs has breaking this game like so hard, and who trolls. i miss a good team who they have fun and communicate and make a really nice team work, and they know what to do,

i played once a game was ember spirit, for as much eh is little bit squashy but very affective hero, and 3 of us was so noob, and i had like killed 6 but they did not and they did feed like soo much ,and i did still be able to kill ! and yet i have been called noob and i should not play that hero lol, i was doing great in my lane untill they start ruin the game by not calling missing and no one buy wards, and no one attempt to attack, well to be honest axe did an amazing job in the other team, he went bottom between the two towers and let not the creeps come along, so that is sooo amazing tactic, and that axe had some balls to be honest, so they tooked both tower in 10 min or less :D hahaha, what a noob team i got,

23. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    These days I just random in pubs. Win more often than not, but single queing can be frustrating sometimes. Some nights, every match has at least one person who rode the short bus to school.

de.das.dude says thanks.
  24. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    this. i do all random/random draft etc. still there are short bus people on board :(

25. jormungand

jormungand

Thanks Received:
    hqdefault.jpg

im happy seeing the thread once again with a little life! imo i dont random, just go for least played if so, playing a lot of support cuz i love support, many noobs understimate them and thats the error of the game, if the most difficult rol in dota. Ive played carry too but i still being a support fan. im now living for a time in Mexico and my internet is a little low and gave me often lag when i play, but here is my nick if you wanna add me and some time have a play "Phobias" with a monkey armed as avatar .