• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's History

Processor Core i5 4460
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97-D3H
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Optima
Memory 1x 8GB DDR3 @ 900Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1660 6GB OC
Storage Patriot Blast 240GB SSD; Caviar Black 500 GB; Caviar Green 1 TB
Display(s) Dell U2311H (23'' IPS)
Power Supply FSP Hyper 700
Mouse Sharkoon Fireglider
Software Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Legend has it that TPU was actually a placeholder name for W1zzards HookerzNbloW website, which he wanted to launch after looking into German law regarding exactly what content HookerzNbloW could host.

GPU-Z was originally designed to be a cocaine blood level timer to give much more accurate results for people who needed to do regular drug testing for work, but he found out that the acronym for Cocaine Per Unit - Zamboozle was already taken by a computer monitoring software.

While on a 3 month bender designing HookerzNbloW he accidentally uploaded the placeholder TechPowerUp! website and became depressed about the situation because it would cost him a bit of cash to replace all of the code and software uploaded to the servers.

So he just rolled with it, redid the cocaine calculator into a GPU monitoring product and started doing GPU reviews, as well as turning the original nostril and straw logo upside down so it resembled a power icon.
Made my day :laugh:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Spot on, and his first ever post was the following day :D

Thanks Tatty and I haven't forgotten about that pm, just haven't had chance to give you a proper answer yet. :)