1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlock SB X-FI MB features ??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by InTeL-iNsIdE, Jul 5, 2009.

1. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

Ok i have the Asus Rampage Gene II motherboard and it comes with onboard soundmax audio with X-fi capabilities and features (EAX and Creative audio panel/equaliser etc) :toast:

Problem- i have lost the original cd sleeve which comes with a serial to unlock these features and now i cant access the creative console, whisch is pissing me off cause im having to use the equaliser on WMP which sux :mad:

How can i unlock these features without the serial which i dont have now :banghead:

Running Vista X64, thought about the modded daniel-k drivers, would these work ?

2. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

anyone else have the onboard SB X-fi MB wouldnt mind seeing if their serial would work for me too ? :D

3. jaredudu

jaredudu

Thanks Received:
    Thats kinda of weak that they make you enter a serial to use it but you can try installing Creative Xfi drivers. I honestly have no idea if they would work but you can bypass some of the hardware/software checks of the installer by extracting them (with winrar) and running the actually installer exe

4. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

no they dont work :banghead: dammit

5. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried contacting Asus asking for a replacement disk (or serial)?

6. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    if you ever do find out, im sure a mod will come close the thread if you post it so you might wanna call asus

7. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    All you have to do is contact Asus and give them both Serial Numbers off the board and audio riser card.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    asus will give you another key if you ask really really nicely. You cant unlock it any other way.

9. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

Ok thanks all :( looks like ill have to raise a support ticket with asus :banghead:

While im at it i might aswell let them know the 3dmark06 serial they supplied doesnt bloody work either :slap:

10. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    nevermind

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009