1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlock SB X-FI MB features ??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by InTeL-iNsIdE, Jul 5, 2009.

1. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

Ok i have the Asus Rampage Gene II motherboard and it comes with onboard soundmax audio with X-fi capabilities and features (EAX and Creative audio panel/equaliser etc) :toast:

Problem- i have lost the original cd sleeve which comes with a serial to unlock these features and now i cant access the creative console, whisch is pissing me off cause im having to use the equaliser on WMP which sux :mad:

How can i unlock these features without the serial which i dont have now :banghead:

Running Vista X64, thought about the modded daniel-k drivers, would these work ?

2. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

anyone else have the onboard SB X-fi MB wouldnt mind seeing if their serial would work for me too ? :D

3. jaredudu

jaredudu

Thanks Received:
    Thats kinda of weak that they make you enter a serial to use it but you can try installing Creative Xfi drivers. I honestly have no idea if they would work but you can bypass some of the hardware/software checks of the installer by extracting them (with winrar) and running the actually installer exe

4. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

no they dont work :banghead: dammit

5. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried contacting Asus asking for a replacement disk (or serial)?

6. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    if you ever do find out, im sure a mod will come close the thread if you post it so you might wanna call asus

7. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    All you have to do is contact Asus and give them both Serial Numbers off the board and audio riser card.

8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    asus will give you another key if you ask really really nicely. You cant unlock it any other way.

9. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

Ok thanks all :( looks like ill have to raise a support ticket with asus :banghead:

While im at it i might aswell let them know the 3dmark06 serial they supplied doesnt bloody work either :slap:

10. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    nevermind

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009