• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
it does work here but I have a combination of latest Realtke drivers and modified 2.79 DLL A1 mehod . Before I think it didn't work the MASTER CONTROL WIN VOLUME but now it does for me . I gave that answer already
Can someone who has already installed the 2.79 M1 unlocked drivers on build 10586 successfully to please check to see you have the below issue?

"I think this is similar to my issue. I can change volume from the Realtek HD Audio Manger fine. But if I use the Windows Volume it does not change all the channels. If you open the balance control under Levels tab of the windows sound properties you can see the volume is all off with -db values for many of the channels. Only way to reset is by going back to Realtek app and change volume again. Then it works correctly.Under Win8.x, I was able to control the volume of the multichannel audio App (along with everything else) by using the master volume only (which is what I would expect). I have to specifically turn down the audio volume of the application using the legacy sound mixer (or via Ear Trumpet for the modern OSD)When I try to change the master mixer volume for Realtek Optical output, it does NOT affect the volume of the application with multichannel audio. Does the master volume for the WIndows sound mixer (that controls overall Realtek Optical output) is also supposed affect the volume for an application that outputs multi-channel audio?For those that have DTS Connect working correctly:"

no software gives me that option its hardware on a driver level , always has been , it comes available with modified drivers , ppl do you actually understand what you are looking for ?
If you don't have it this way in REALTEK DIGITAL OUTPUT PROPERTIES ..it wont work DAYTRADER what do you here in ADVANCED > DEFAULT FORMAT selected ??
and my HW , I don't know how many time I wrote it :
gaming laptop msi Gt72 2Qe Dominator Pro
AUDIO: onboard Realtek ALC-892
Yes when i do that DTS Interactive(5.1 Surround) Test, i hear sound from left and right front speakers, not from my centre or rears, is that the same as you, also, i dont see that DSP Manager Playback options tab you have open, is that part of your system software.

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
aaah that that's AIMP 4 player and I use it only to show that it works , actually that people can see that it works . Its my default media player for Audio as for VIDEO i use PowerDVD15 for everything .
Yes when i do that DTS Interactive(5.1 Surround) Test, i hear sound from left and right front speakers, not from my centre or rears, is that the same as you, also, i dont see that DSP Manager Playback options tab you have open, is that part of your system software.

i just saw this... It looks like theres a confict with the M1 unlocked drivers' Realtek Audio Manager conflicting with the "fixed" Microsoft driver in Win10/build 10586.

So your solution is to use the A1 dll unlocked driver? So then how to you get any secure DHCP apps to work?

im looking for a way to get the 2.79M1 driver to work corectly with 10586 build. At this point Im going to presume this issue affects everyone that uses the same unlocked driver on a clean Windows 10586 install.

Maybe, an older M1 unlocked driver avoids this problem? Maybe theres a way to supress the Realtek 2.79 M1 unlocked driver to NOT install Realtek Audio Manager during the install?

wel I do have DTS Interactive only as I don't have the Realtek Audio Manager it doesn't work for my msiGT72 as of W10

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
here a more complete overview , This is across dual monitors
DTS AUDIO FULL.jpg

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
yes , positive left/right only and it was always for me like this even during my Alienware MX17 R2 and Win 7/8/8.1 just like now I don't recall ever that I heard TEST tones in surround . The same goes for Creative OMNI 5.1 and Dolby Digital Live when tested from windows AUDIO control panel only Left/Right, but it plays 5.1 test tone when using OMNI CONTROL PANEL and TEST SPEAKERS . then it plays some white noise throughout channels announcing LEFT,RIGHT,CENTER then Surround speakers and SUB on the end , but that's Creatives thing .
omni.jpg

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
but I'm using on board Realtek now ith DTS Interactive as it is far more superior to Dolby Digital Live which is 48Khz/16 bit always , while DTS Interactiv is 96Khz/24bit with far more immersive and powerfully sound specially the dynamic range ...impressive .

Yes i have on board Realtek also, must be something else why only some games work in 5.1 and most dont.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
well don't know for every game but the games I play ..which is not much to be honest DTS and DOLBY works this are COD GHOST,AW,Black Ops 3 (my newest addition) , Eurotruck 2 , Alien Isolation , Aliens Colonial Marines . Lately I play Eurotruck 2 almost everyday and ofc COD Black Ops 3 and it is the best surround so far..actually ISOLATION is impressive as well it gives a real kick to the game .

Does anyone who has a good understanding of how the Unlocked drivers work.. to suggest which unlocked M1 driver on Win10 build 10586 allows for the system Microsoft Mixer to work correctly with the Realtek HD Audio manager and provides full compatibility with DRM capable apps like Netflix modern app? I have both unlocked methods working. However A1 dll hack doesn't support Netflix secure audio... and M1's Realtek Audio Manager conflicts with the native Win10 sound mixer (theyre fighting over exclusive access for the sound channel volume control.

I'm guessing people who are having other other issues haven't even gotten this far; or kljust comforqble with the bugs mentioned above with both unlocked driver methods on Win10 build 10586.

EDIT: I thought I had a solution by disabling RtkGUI64.exe from startup in the Windows registry. But, apparently, the same issue happens even after disabling it and rebooting.

If anyone figures out how to get the unlocked drivers sound mixer control to work correctly under Win10 using M1 hack (for full DRM audio support), please let me know! Surely, I can't be the first person trying to get M1 to work correctly under Win10.

Last edited:

rahan

Finally I'am getting 5.1 on windows 10. What I did is quite simple; just as said, nothing! I updated the windows to 10586.3 and installed latest realtek drivers. If you try to play the test audio on default player you get stereo, but if you play it on WMP you get that lovely voice from all channels :) Also it's interesting that i can't see any settings related with 5.1 under the options for "playback devices".

Sorry for mis-information, but this does'nt work on games as said, just movies :( after doing all steps in A1 method now it works like a charm. It's really so interesting how Microsoft (or Realtek?) can't support such an important feature..

it does work here but I have a combination of latest Realtke drivers and modified 2.79 DLL A1 mehod . Before I think it didn't work the MASTER CONTROL WIN VOLUME but now it does for me . I gave that answer already

Which is the latest driver and where can I get it? The latest I have is .7561

Another question:

My Digital (SPDIF) output always resets to 100% volume every time I boot. But I had it set to 50% when I shut the PC down. Is that normal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiroyasha

Can anyone please help me? I have a problem where I have DTS and DDL in my Drop down menu from properties tab inside the RealTek Digital Output, But when I select a test tone after I put it on 5.1 DDL or DTS 5.1 Interactive it wont play the test tone as 5.1. I've also tested in Shadow of Mordor I also am not getting 5.1.

As said in a previous post, I do not have the most advanced audio system on the market but for me its good, If anyone is wondering I have a Z906 by Logitech.

When I do select DDL or DTS Interactive it does come up as decoding aka DTS or DDL it just does not play though all 5 speakers. I think that I may be missing something from one of my menus that I have from the realtek driver properties but I'm not exactly sure what.

Before I had someone trying to help me but he hasn't replied to my PMs or my reply here in this thread.

I followed this instillation guide
It is quite Simple:
1. Install preferred Driver version. (the one that you already have installed might also work (I tested 2,70, 2,72, 2,79 with success)

2. a) If you have Win 64 Bits go to Windows\System32\ and look for RtkAPO64.dll or RltkAPO64.dll ( you will find only one, depending on driver version. As you can see one has extra "l" )
b) If you are running x86 win look for the file RtkAPO.dll or RltkAPO.dll - Didn't test this but should work the same as 64 bits

3. Rename the file by adding a bak at the end (eg RtkAPO64.dllbak)

4. Get the unlocked file 64 or 32 bits depending on your Win version : (I used this one form post 473) Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 64 bit - R2.75 A1: http://rghost.net/8LJCkFHyS

5. Copy the dll file to Windows\System32\ . Be careful to give it the correct name depending on what you found initially in System 32 with/without extra "l"

5 Regedit "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1.

6. Restart
You should now have working DDL and DTS .

Don't have to turn on test mode or driver signature enforcement.
Hope it helps!

upload_2015-11-18_23-55-38.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention my OS I'm on, I'm running Windows 7 64 Bit, And my Mobo is a Msi Gaming G45 Z87.

Can anyone please help me? I have a problem where I have DTS and DDL in my Drop down menu from properties tab inside the RealTek Digital Output, But when I select a test tone after I put it on 5.1 DDL or DTS 5.1 Interactive it wont play the test tone as 5.1. I've also tested in Shadow of Mordor I also am not getting 5.1.

As said in a previous post, I do not have the most advanced audio system on the market but for me its good, If anyone is wondering I have a Z906 by Logitech.

When I do select DDL or DTS Interactive it does come up as decoding aka DTS or DDL it just does not play though all 5 speakers. I think that I may be missing something from one of my menus that I have from the realtek driver properties but I'm not exactly sure what.

Before I had someone trying to help me but he hasn't replied to my PMs or my reply here in this thread.

I followed this instillation guide

View attachment 69300

EDIT: Forgot to mention my OS I'm on, I'm running Windows 7 64 Bit, And my Mobo is a Msi Gaming G45 Z87.
Same as me, no 5.1 in Shadow of Mordor and only get test tone out of right and left speaker, not all of them, i installed exactly the same as you.

Graham Porges

Can anyone help me. I have been trying to get this to work for 2 days. I can't seem to install any versions of realtek whether I modded the files or not. During the install when it says InstallShield is installing I get a failure notice either 0x0000FFFF or 0x0000005. Sometimes it will ask me to "Install this driver software anyway" over and over. When I uninstalled Realtek and restarted the computer, I ended up with High Definition Audio by Microsoft. I had disabled all other sound drives(The Microsoft and Nvidia) and was able to complete an install of R2.79 just once, however when I restarted the Realtek drive was missing and it said the audio manager was corrupted. The only version of Realtek I am able to download is 6.0.1.7378 that a driver updater finds for me but since it auto installs it I am unable to access the installer files. I have an ALC888s on Windows 8.1 Build 9600. Any ideas?

Last edited:

ThatRoo

So, I'm not new to overwriting drivers and what not. What I don't get is where everyone is getting the 2.79 etc and versions.

I'm sitting on these specs and versions:
Asus X99 Deluxe Mobo
Windows 8.1 Version 6.2 Build 9600
Asus Realtek Audio Drive Version 6.0.1.7525
Audio Codec: ALC 1150

Hardware ID:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438637&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438637

Looking to obtain Dolby Digital Live on my board for new Astros that don't seem to like Dolby Digital as my last pair did.

Please help as to what patched drivers and method I should use.

felipaopl

I can confirm that the A1 method works on the latest Windows 10 official build, but nowhere near as good as it was on Windows 7. Tested a few games and results are all over the place.

Star Wars Battlefront works wonderfully, Mad Max too. Fallout 4 and Alien Isolation are stereo only.

It seems that there's something still not quite right.

Yes not all games will work in 5.1 even with the fix, you have to do the ZAudio2.dll fix to get other games to get 5.1.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
as for my games no change but 5.1 did work for me anyway

the only mystery to me is why I cant get the Realtek HD Audio manager ? not even the basic one not ot mention so nice looking like yours Daytrader

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiroyasha

No i done the XAudio2.dll fix and it got 11 of my other 5.1 surround games to work perfectly, anyway, for a start Fallout 4 uses XAudio2, so you will need it anyway, report back here after useing it, and your be thanking me ;), 14 files to change in total in 2 folders.
, read post 8 http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3100189 thank me later ;)

In the instructions there it says to put them in C: drive and the Users Documents folder.

Does this mean the root C:\ and C:\Users\User\Documents? I've done this and run the bat files in the users\documents folder but I still dont have 5.1 in shadow of mordor my go to game to test if it works.