• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I Confirm. It's working atlast on Windows 10 Insider build latest 10565

I have Dolby Digital Live selected in the Orange Realtek Application, My Decoder (Z-5500) shows Dolby Digital on the control unit, and I have surround sound from games and videos.

I couldn't get it working with 2.79 though, only with 2.75 (A1).

1.Do you have an download link for 2.75? cant find this one.
2.How can you ignore the automatic device drivers in windows 10 ? so that in the future its not get messed up after an automatic windows update.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Let me ask you guys this, My mobo has the realtech audio with the added boom... why does windows 10 audio driver lower the noise? (I know right.... um so I don't go def lmao)

These drivers fix my issue?

1.Do you have an download link for 2.75? cant find this one.
2.How can you ignore the automatic device drivers in windows 10 ? so that in the future its not get messed up after an automatic windows update.
Mate, i turn off automatic windows driver updates in windows 10.

Yes!!! The fix for Realtek surround on Windows 10 is now in the Windows Insider Slow (and Fast) Ring! And both methods still work!

I'll repost my instructions for the non-Test Mode method here.

2.79 drivers with the modified 2.75 dll. I rebooted after every single step (even if possibly unnecessary). If you follow the instructions exactly, it should work for you.

1. 2.79 installer -> uninstall, reboot, install, reboot

2. regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Audio -> New DWORD (32-bit) named DisableProtectedAudioDG and set it to 1. Reboot

3. Delete the RltkAPO64.dll from "C:\Windows\System32" (Personally, I used a little program called File Unlocker to delete it while it was "in use") and replace it with the modified 2.75 dll (Make sure it's called RltkAPO64.dll Older versions are missing the first l). (Now, previously there was an important step to right click on the dll and open its properties and check unblock near the bottom. That's not there anymore and I haven't had an issue yet, but you might want to check for it.) Reboot

I'll attach the modified 2.75 dll with the proper name here in a rar, but you can get the 2.79 drivers yourself from the Realtek website.

Attachments

• Modified 275 dll.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 8,492
Last edited:
System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
to get this done it has to be the latest "insider" version of W10
this 32 bit registry entry ...what if the W10 are 64 bit ??? we still need to do this 32 bit DWORD entry ?

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
what is the version of the latest W10 (insider) ??

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
After researching and experimenting with my Sound blaster OMNI it is obvious Dolby Digital Live and DTS connect defenetly don't work with the official W10 release 1024 . As stated above and across the communities which are exploring this situation to get either one to work on W10 latest insider preview is a must .
OMNI is able to use DIGITAL OUT and supports DDL ,Dolby and DTS but only if the option "Allow audio to be heard over S/PDIF out" is selected within the CINEMATIC/ENCODER tab however the note also says :

The Audio output S/PDIF will always be in Dolby Digital Live format .

So the thing is working on official W10 release under this circumstances :
1. Omni is connected via USB with your Laptop/Desktop PC
2.within Control panel sound > Speaker Omni 5.1 is selected as default
3. within Control panel sound >SPDIF OUT Soundblaster OMNI is set to Dolby Digital Live as format
4. within OMNI Control pannel SPEAKERS are set to 5.1
5. Within CINEMATIC/ENCODER TAB > Dolby Digital Live is selected & the option mentioned before ("Allow audio to be heard over S/PDIF out") is cheked

Now my Omni is connected via TOS with my Logitech Z 906 speakers and everything is working I tried DTS Blue Ray , DD Blue Ray , standard 2.0 music which is distributed around all speakers .

Normally it should work by selecting SPDIF OUT Soundblaster OMNI as default , however it doesn't work without above mentioned workaround . Ofc the usual Windows error msg appears "Failed play Test tone" And off course non of the audio sources can be heard playing .

So to have any chance for DDL and DTS connect on or similar ,the latest insider W10 version is a must if you only have the REALTEK on board card.

Yes!!! The fix for Realtek surround on Windows 10 is now in the Windows Insider Slow (and Fast) Ring! And both methods still work!

I'll repost my instructions for the non-Test Mode method here.

2.79 install with the modified 2.75 dll. I rebooted after every single step (even if possibly unnecessary). If you follow the instructions exactly, it should work for you.

1. 2.79 installer -> uninstall, reboot, install, reboot

2. regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Audio -> New DWORD (32-bit) named DisableProtectedAudioDG and set it to 1. Reboot

3. Delete the RltkAPO64.dll from "C:\Windows\System32" (Personally, I used a little program called File Unlocker to delete it while it was "in use") and replace it with the modified 2.75 dll (Make sure it's called RltkAPO64.dll Older versions are missing the first l). (Now, previously there was an important step to right click on the dll and open its properties and check unblock near the bottom. That's not there anymore and I haven't had an issue yet, but you might want to check for it.) Reboot

I'll attach the modified 2.75 dll with the proper name here in a rar, but you can get the 2.79 installer yourself.

Thanks man , I have tried 2,79 modded drivers and didn`t work . Now It shows DD and DTS in options , wait for fix for 10240 build . This is most simple and quick metod , thanks again :)

Thanks man , I have tried 2,79 modded drivers and didn`t work . Now It shows DD and DTS in options , wait for fix for 10240 build . This is most simple and quick metod , thanks again :)

Supposedly the fix will be out for everyone by early next month (Nov 2nd maybe?). Not sure yet. If you see the DD and DTS options, then you probably did it right, but you'll have to do it again when it releases because the update will most likely undo it.

Last edited:
Supposedly the fix will be out for everyone by early next month (Nov 2nd maybe?). Not sure yet. If you see the DD and DTS options, then you probably did it right, but you'll have to do it again when it releases because the update will most likely undo it.

Yeah , I see that options , and i have DD Live and DTS interactive in sound options but not in default format list in Realtek audio manager

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    325.2 KB · Views: 5,102
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 2,039
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,979
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,857
I have windows driver update disabled, so it wont override my sound drivers ;)

ehhh... I wouldn't be so sure. A new build is kind of a different story. It might still end up breaking it.

Ah, you might be right, i was thinking it would be just a normal windows update, but like you say, a new build might mess it up.

It never has been for me. Maybe you were actually previously using drivers for your motherboard that actually has the license for surround sound?...

It never has been for me. Maybe you were actually previously using drivers for your motherboard that actually has the license for surround sound?...

Nope i dont have the license, i also had to do the trick, but i always had after the trick on the default tab in realtek the option live and dts option.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I wanted to give it a try with the latest insider build 10565 but its a no go for me to recive the insider build , I did enbale it and once i got a msg poping up abut the insider availability , i ticked on the FIX ME button but nothing happend . I tryed manual installation downloading the latest ISO however this doesn't go as it ask for product key which I don't have . My original W8.1 where pre-installed on my msi GT72 Dominator Pro laptop and I upgraded form there to W10 .
I was never asked for any product key during this installation , I also successfully activated my current W10 licence so why I cant upgrade to the latest INSIDER stays a mistery to me . Possible I will have to wait for MS official update to fix this digital 5.1 surround issue .

Not long to wait. But I hear that it takes day or two (maybe more?) for it to give you the Insider build after you change to slow or fast ring.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Not long to wait. But I hear that it takes day or two (maybe more?) for it to give you the Insider build after you change to slow or fast ring.

As of few minutes ago TH2 is downloading via SLOW RING , will see how things work once I get it sorted out .

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
OK done 10565 upgraded , first impression ..WOW ! they did fix the digital output DTS, DOLBY DIGITAL and DDL are working on digital out no more errors at least with Soundblaster OMNI , Ill try Realtek in a cuple of days .

Very good news . I hope fix will be soon for us ,regular users . Movies works fine in DD/DTS via HDMI , but games is on stereo, can`t wait the fix .

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
OK , here it is I also can confirm that DTS/DOLBY/DTS I / DDL is working with the 10565 build of Windows 10 64 bit in my case with RTL 2.79 drivers
I used the A1 method and followed the instructions very carefully , result immersive powerful audio 24 bit/96khz using on-board ALC 892 chip connected via TOS cable to my Lgitech Z 906 5.1.
What I don't have is a Realtek Control panel so I cant use any enhancements or RTL EQ but frankly it doesn't matter as most Players
or Media software have their own and I never used any of the effects either so that's not a big deal for me .