1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Well it's official, PC gamers better than Console Gamers.

Discussion in 'Games' started by WhiteLotus, Jul 22, 2010.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    At the end of the day, just play the games you want and stop badgering the other side just because they have a different outlook on gaming. I'm still trying to understand the mentality behind it, Theres no problem in liking one over the other, but it's the bull$hit reasoning that i don't get(then again, thats the internet for you). Almost like they themselves don't actually understand what gaming is, yet they still throw up the same rehashed arguments that don't actually provide any evidence that one platform is better then the other, they just like the sound of there voice is all. I'm a heavy PC gamer and yes i do prefer them over consoles(yet i do own consoles, but play them sparingly),but i still enjoy consoles, because still still provides me with a great gaming experiance. I don't see how bashing the other camp is going to beneifit me at all, so i don't do it.(or at least i try my best lol). I mean are you really that ignorant and stupid that you have to find some kind of emotional sercurity in a particular platform?. Come on. But ya, to those who constantly are saying to themselves ''oh meh systems bettr!1'' or ''my pc look bettr then consoles!11'' or have to find some kind of illegitimate reason to bash others.Take a deep breath, and while your mouth is open shove your **** in it... that way i don't have to hear you and maybe you can find a little satisfaction.;)

end rant lol:laugh:

2. avatar_raq

Thanks Received:
    If you noticed, I said I finished some of them using the controller, not all of them, who in his right mind spend 2500 USd on a PC just to play FPS games with a controller? :banghead:

I played on the PS3 more than once, and I felt it being a primitive gaming platform with some 3-4 years old graphics, but truth be told, I enjoyed playing some of its exclusives, like MGS4 and UC2. As an example of multi-platform games, I played Batman:AA on PS3 as well, and the graphics were a joke compared to the way it ran on my old 8800GT+Full HD monitor, needless to say on my eyefinity setup!

3. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Our boy used to love playing on both PCs and consoles.
    I never really had any opinion other than when it came to our two computers ... meh systems bettr!1'' :D

4. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    I could be wrong but there also might be an age facotr in here. Yes any kid can go and get a PC but it's easier for parents to simply get the kid an xbox and I think that happens for often than not.

5. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I built our son his PC ... he bought his own console(s). ;)
    I did buy him console games on occasion when he really wanted one, but he usually wanted PC games.

One year he bought me a PC game HE wanted to play for my birthday.
    He gave it to me and then asked if he could play my game. :laugh:

6. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:

I never said that all you do is play with a controller on your PC, what i was saying is that even if those games do support it, it vioids the purpuse of PC gaming. Now keep in mind that this is my opinion, i play my PC for the keyboard and mouse. And for me, if a game is muliplatform and i know damn well it's gonna play better on consoles, then i buy it for that system, i feel better knowing the game was designed with that control scheme in mind. Now of course if you don't have a console and you know you want to play with a controller in those games, then have at it.;)

And ya i know right, man...i was actually playing Half Life 2 yesterday and the graphics were so old and tired, that game is such a joke.:rolleyes:

Same thing with CSS man, i mean why the hell do people keep playing that old tired outdated looking game, whats the point of even playing it then right?.

7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Meh, a gamer is a gamer. I play games on my PC and Xbox 360, just as I used to play games on my Commodore and my Atari. PC gaming seems to be best played alone and consoles are really nice for when you have guest gamers over for playtime. But that can go both ways too. Btw, people who feel insulted towards others opinions on this matter shouldn't. What matters is what makes you happy and what you enjoy.

CDdude55 says thanks.
  8. avatar_raq

Thanks Received:
    Guys, everyone has an opinion in this matter, I never claimed that playing on consoles wasn't enjoyable, this is not even the subject of this thread, so no need to repeat the same old argument again and again!

Appreciate the sarcasm dude, I'm a big fan of half life 2, and I, like many people, play great old games because either I already own them and they feel like a comfortable old shoes (AKA nostalgia) , or I can buy them real cheap off steam, and I'm sure many people don't have the money for high-end gaming PCs, some simply own a laptop with integrated GFX so they play such games, my point is, if I'm gonna pay 40-60 USD for a new game, I want to have it on the platform where it plays and looks the best, which I believe is the PC in most titles. I know graphics isn't everything, but games with great visuals and sound effects do a far better job to suck you in and immerse you in the game's world.
    Again, that's my opinion, and nobody should feel threatened by it! :cool:
    Cheers!:)

9. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    just want to say most ppl have a usb keyboard and mouse in there home free so why should i pay for a 360 controller when almost every average joe has a usb keyboard an mouse to begin with.

so how is it downgrading or upgrading for consoles or PC it makes more sense to me to use what u have and most ppl have a keyboard and mouse in there home :toast: granted i can see your point but we live in an age where a console controller is $40-50 and a keyboard and mouse is pretty much free lol

10. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    You need wireless keyboard/mouse to play on consoles because often, seating is > 10 feet away from the console. Because of the distance, you also need more than cheap wireless keyboard/mice. In other words, a keyboard and mouse suitable for consoles cost at least $40, if not closer to $100 ($40 for the keyboard, $60 for the mouse).

More Windows gamers have an Xbox 360 controller (thanks to consolitis in games like Assassin's Creed) than Xbox 360 gamers have wireless keyboard/mouse. That trend will remain for the forseeable future.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    hmm point taken but id still rather not spend $40 for a 360 controller when my 7 year old saitek controller i paid $9 for still works in all games EXCEPT codemasters titles (for whatever reason they refuse to add support)

12. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    It appears that Microsoft doesn't even have official support for keyboards/mice. :eek: The PlayStation 3 does. The Wii has support for a keyboard.

Remember, also, that most Xbox 360 games have little/no support for mice--mostly because Microsoft didn't require it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    well since microsoft plans to keep the 360 around for 5 more years all i can say is its gonna be a long 5 years

14. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Very true. It sounds like the Wii is just going to get an HD upgrade and that's about it. I think the gaming industry, overall, has hit another plateu. The Wii hit it out of the park and now everyone else is focusing on being a copycat.

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    yea and dosent matter what platform you game on this plateau will be around for a good long time to come

16. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    I evil laughed for a few mins at this:

17. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well things change, some time ago before the xbox released Compaq tried to make a console that had a mouse and keyboard and was told they were not allowed to do it.

Although this was in a PC mag some 14-16 ish years ago. They were told they could not do it as it was to much like a PC. I remember it well as some years later MS released the xbox which made me think money talks.

Anyways it's a shame that it got binned ( for now at least ) i think it be kinda cool as long as FPS games were not included to make things more even.

18. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I actually agree with that.:)

Everything should matter in a game, visuals and sound are apart of what makes a game great or crap. Only thing is, consoles don't have that bad a visuals, just look at Uncharted God of War 3, Gears, etc. They look very nice and you shouldn't ignore them just because they do look as good as anything on PC.

19. avatar_raq

Thanks Received:
    Owning no consoles, I do miss Gears of War II and Fable II on the xbox 360, MGS4 and UC2 on the PS3 and Super SF4 on both..It's a pain in the butt having to own all 3 platforms to be able to play all games :( I also see it evil when companies don't release a PC version for a sequel of a game that was originally released on the PC, example: Gears of war I was on the PC, while II wasn't. I'm aching bad to know what happens after the first game!:cry:

20. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Funny thing about gaming on a PC is it seems to be more adictive..I think its because the games on PC are way more optimizable...I also think that a lot of PC gamers Build or buy the upper 15 percent of all high end computer rigs..Damn the only reason I even game is because I was building rigs to compete in benching , I didn't even really know any thing about PC gaming. It was like I read in a forum from an overclocking competitor " did you ever try this game(don't remember any more what the game was) it will bring your PC to its knees" So I was like damn I want to see my PC brought to its knees, at that time my rig was a 24/7 ( I mean literally on 24/7 ) vapochilled rig with a FX57 and a X850XT PE. Well any way It was a race game I think so I procured the game and was like lets see...lol .. Now I am mildly addicted to gaming on a PC when not benching. PC gamers tend to fine tune everything as where this cant be done on consoles.. oh well starting to ramble a bit now.

21. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    the way I do it I play ma fps and mmo's on my pc and my rpg's,etc on my consoles i tried playing fps on consoles but not fast enough for meh . . . . . .

22. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    LOL, aren't too late to confess about that

23. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    So PC gamers are bigger nerds than console gamers. lol

24. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    To be honest, i find that PC gaming is seriously EPIC. Meaning, PC has a ton of games to choose from , so many at that. I like PC gaming better than console, but console is nice too.

25. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    You just wait until all those old QUAKE 3 Arena and CS:S/1.6 players start to realize that it's time to move on to a new game and they start filling up the MW2 servers or similar...

LOL ^ that's a joke.. but I swear if you have played those games you will know what I am talking about. :)