1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What do you peoples think of getting a Prodigy for a Portable Hackintosh?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by bccmini247, May 12, 2014.

1. bccmini247

bccmini247 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm building a Hackintosh and i wondered what people thought of the Prodigy as a portable Hackintosh? I believe it to be a good portable and sleek design to it which i like!
    - bccmini247
    Prodigy.jpeg

2. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I considered one and looked at it in person at Microcenter, If you like the look, and are aware of the outside dimensions being on the large side for ITX, its a decent case. The handles are kinda flimsy. The mATX version has the motherboard vertical oriented whereas the ITX one has it horizontal. The mATX one can fit more but the DVD drive can interfere with the top of the motherboard. Bitfenix also makes the Colossus and Phenom branded cases which have similar internals.

Other things to consider are the Fractal Node 304 and Coolermaster Elite 110/120/130.

edit: also Silverstone Sugo SG05, SG09

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  3. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
  4. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    It feels too large for ITX, but quite nice for mATX, I've seen several in person both at Microcenter and in the BYOC area at PAX.

5. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    It is a large case for ITX...and I am not sure that is a bad thing. You can use a Full size video card, or 2 for sli/xfire. You can install a huge cpu cooler if you want, or there is even enough room for custom watercooling. It can use a full size powersupply. It has a lot of +'s but if you are looking for a micro case then this isn't it.

6. BigBoi

BigBoi

Thanks Received:
    The prodigy is very nice. Just get the black one or buy the front panel with mesh.
    But if im going to build in the prodigy I dont feel like putting a dedicated gpu in, but thats just me. Maybe I will if its one of those itx gpu's