1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

World Of Tanks

Discussion in 'Games' started by ivicagmc, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    One of those rare, well more rare than they used to be good arty days.......... Tatty.jpg

Chevalr1c says thanks.
  2. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    What I recently did is putting the game voice-overs on "national". Improvement on all non-US tanks.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    The campaign/event is finished, so it's back to Tier 10s for Clan Wars....lol

We reached the battle with owner, but got out-capped.

5. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    You are in a clan? Does this require a huge online presence? Does it improve the gameplay in context of "kind of players"?
    I have been thinking of joining a clan because of lousy random battles of late.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. flmatter

flmatter

Thanks Received:
    Short answer is no, if you are in a clan and doing random battles you will still get quite a few lousy battles. If you platoon with the clan and go at it you know at least 2 others are decent players but it does not help in randoms. Now with Team battles and Clan wars it is a totally different experience because you are with clan mates and on teamspeak or vent and communication is vital. Online presence differs between all clans, where some require weekly meetings to remain in the clan where others do not, most would like you to commit to some battles whether it is team battles, clan wars or now stronghold stuff. Oops I forgot skirmishes too. Some clan participation is required. I normally play on west coast servers but if you would like a clan invite to figure things out if you like or not hit me up some time flmatter or ask around with other TPU members if you can be accepted into their clan.

Chevalr1c says thanks.
    More than 25k PPD
  7. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    I got an ok mic so vent/teamspeak etc. should not be a problem. Because of potential lag and time zone issues I prefer to stay within the EU. What the clans ask of me communitywise can be checked by asking clan chiefs I guess. I still may need to read up on SHs etc. though, and grind onto higher tiers for my tanks since the Matilda and Birch Gun are not serious enough and I play best with them (although I am trying to optimise my playstyles for the KV-1 and the SOMUA SAu 40).

Thanks for the offer for an invitation BTW, although US West is not a practical region for me neither your clan.

flmatter says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. flmatter

flmatter

Thanks Received:
    I was unsure of your region and just threw it out there. Yes almost all clans require certain tiers particularly pushing Tier 8 and 9 some prefer 10 and a working mic/headset. You can research clans on WoT website for your region. Biggest thing I can stress is look for one that matches or closely matches your online time. I have been in clans where I had to change my lifestyle to participate with them. I was in a clan once where they were 3 hours a head of me and had meetings and training at 8pm their time, so I was basically getting home from work and jumping straight on the computer because I did not want to miss clan meeting or training or battles. Yea that did not work out so well because I had to work late a few times and people in charge started yelling at me because I was missing meetings and battles because of my work schedule and time zone, I left pretty quick after that. It is just a game and real life comes first. So now I get home, do the family thing and dinner then when daughter goes to bed I hit Wot or Diablo 3 or fire up xbox360 for a little me time before nightie nights. Best of luck

Chevalr1c says thanks.
    More than 25k PPD
  9. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    I forgot to mention my region, so that was my bad. thanks for the info.

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    There are casual clans and "serious" clans. If you want the latter, then make sure you have high-tier tanks, although of course even the other tiers are important especially with Skirmishes already introduced, and that last event for Clan Wars is limited to tier 8s (max).

flmatter and Chevalr1c say thanks.
  11. flmatter

flmatter

Thanks Received:
    Figured I would share the updated t49 as the t67 same solid little td shot_059.jpg

Chevalr1c says thanks.
    More than 25k PPD
  12. flmatter

flmatter

Thanks Received:
    Just having fun :)
    shot_096.jpg

Chevalr1c and Tatty_One say thanks.
    More than 25k PPD
  13. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Haven't played in more than a month until yesterday and today. Anyway, bought the SU-100 because there's a discount. LOL

14. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    LOL the Churchill I is like a mini-TOG II. I like it thus far, though.

Crunching for Team TPU