1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

World Of Tanks

Discussion in 'Games' started by ivicagmc, Aug 12, 2011.

1. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Ah and I guess that in lower tiers you'll love Pom Pom guns. At least I enjoyed them. :D
  2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Pom Pom's??? Do you mean the autocannon things.
  3. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, those funny autocannons. :D

pompom.jpg
  4. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    UK t10 med tank looks interesting, i think it has autoloader
  5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Shame I forgot to register for the 8.2 public testing LOL.

Oh well, can hardly wait for the new US tank line (and the copycat tree LOL).
  6. agent00skid

Thanks Received:
    My best rewarded game so far.

[​IMG]

And on a first victory of the day no less. :D Though it only felt like a good game, not a great game. :S
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. agent00skid

Thanks Received:
    Ahhh, the wonders of teamkillers, especially when it's a top tier heavy.

And that just further reinforced my belief that the TK/TD penalty system isn't very good. :S
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. SuperStarr

SuperStarr New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello guys. Does someone have one "invite key" and would like gift to me?
    And one more Q: If I open account with "invite" key, can I use some of "bonus" keys after that?
  9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Just had a few sessions of "super platoons" in random battles LOL. We tried Tank Company first but since we can only form three teams (9 or 10 members each) with our online members, and the 4th team (from another clan that isn't from the same country as us) has at least 13 members, one team would certainly meet that team with a numerical advantage. And that happened to be our tank company, twice. Lost first, won second. Then we went back to "super platoons" and hope the matchmaking do its work well.
  10. mauriek

Thanks Received:
    hey guys..i want to ask, do you ever notice the difference between playing tank with crews with 3 ability/skill and crews without ability? is the difference big or not.

btw..The other reason i love WoT is the simplicity of playing online game, just register, install and play, upgrade automatically or download the update manually. they even give torrent update choice, i say this because i just bought Battlefield 3 few weeks ago and really surprise by the hassle just to play, install origin, then it ask to install plugin, then we must have open internet browser to play, then it said i need to install another plugin, then i need to update some kind of punkbuster or the server just kick me, and then the updating proses is really not simple, if i update origin and my monitor goes sleep while downloading the download simply dissapear. not to mention the data save cloud sync process that often dont match.

Now i really appreciate a good game developer like World of Tanks, many online game is also not as simple as WoT to play.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Yes. I have 4 skills on my Tiger II/ Lowe crew (soon 5), and 4 skills in my Jagdtiger. And 1, 2 and 3 skills crews in my other tanks. IMO they are pretty important but better is to have the crew trained at 100% IMO.

Example:

Jagdtiger is an arty magnet, but with 5th sense skill, brothers in arms, clutch braking, off road... you can know when you have been spotted and take evasive maneuvers. Without the skills and training the tank is sluggish and too slow to react.
    Reload times are not significantly better, but enough to put a shoot in your enemy before he can shoot you. (5.7s isn't so different from 5s but that little difference saved my ass a lot of times)
    With preventive maintenance and the similar one for the loader fires are much less frequent than before.

Train your crew, choose carefully your skills/perks. The first and second skills are easy to get, but the 3, 4... are painfully slow (4 skill, from 90% to 91% you need like 45000 exp).
  12. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Victory! Map: Live Oaks Monday, December 03, 2012 10:52:34 PM
    Vehicle:: T49
    Exp: : 1,887 (Fine: 30) Credits: : 35,619 (Fine: 5,310)
    Achievements: : Radley-Walters's medal, Top Gun, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

notes:
    -this was my 107th game with the T49
    -this was the second time I survived with this tank, the first time was the 106th game
  13. agent00skid

Thanks Received:
    Wow! :O

Still hunting the elusive 1k myself. :S The most I've gotten have been 766.

And just got the SU-8... And how do I hit anything with it? I guess it's just natural for long range artillery, but damn it's going to take some time getting used to. :S

Edit: Or not. Patience is a virtue apparently. Though it's turning rate is a bit low for my liking. :S
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. fefelungchinua New Member

Thanks Received:
    How to increase FPS in WoT?

Hey everyone!
    Pls teach me how to increase FPS in Wot:)
    Im using GTX560Ti with Ultra Max setting in WOT but FPS not good.
    About 50-60,some times in sniper mode it only 29.
    Thx!!!
  15. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Overclock? Until 2 weeks ago I was playing with a 560ti, mine would run at 970mhz on stock volts and that got me a pretty consistent 80FPS, have you tried VSync?
    fefelungchinua says thanks.
  16. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Don't use "improved" and see your FPS stay around 60 if you have V-Sync. :laugh:
  17. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:

That's one of the things they are going to improve in patch 8.2, so lower your graphics settings or wait till the patch. And get rid of V-sync.
  18. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    My current tanks: Churchill LL (Tier V premium HT), IS-3 (Tier VIII HT), IS-8 (Tier IX HT), VK 3601 H (Tier VI elite MT), M4 Sherman (Tier V MT), T49 (Tier V elite TD), ELC AMX (Tier V LT)
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  19. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

That's a lot of "Tank Destroyers" :laugh:
  20. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    I'll just leave it here.

[​IMG]

First of all it was a CW style battle and XVM told me that we have ~20% win chances.
    Second RNG was on my side in this battle.
    Third my team was somehow decent (at least I've had spotters till the end of the game).

I have almost 7k battles only with my SPG's but I never had such a game in an arty. It was tense and rewarding.
    I've one-shoted an invisible E-100. :eek:
    I've killed another 2 invisible tanks.
    In the end I remained with only 1 shell.
    And icing on the cake I've made my last kill in last minute.
    It was a hell of a battle...
  21. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I like those kind of battle with arty, the number of times I have killed an enemy with my last shell to turn the game in our favour when it's sh*t or bust is probably one of the most rewarding aspects of the game for me...... recently I have got un excited about tank and TD battles, In fact I think I am gonna sell my Tier 9 and 10's and just have a garage full of arty!
  22. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Tatty since 0.8.0 I already sold my IS-4/7 and AMX 120.
    I'm keeping my E-75 because is my all time love and ST-I because I like this strange US-USSR tank and TBH in Tier 9 I don't see so many arty party's.
    Basically I have only T9-10 TD's, T8 arty's and BatChat 25. My 110E5 is gathering dust too.
    Others are fun mid/low tier tanks.

I still like/play the game but solo in randoms with a T10 heavy is almost unbearable because arty party, gold ammo for credits and last but not least strange teammates.
  23. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    My garage currently but some are going tonight!

T110E5
    M103
    IS3
    T92 (you just gotta love that splash radius!)
    GW Panther
    Grille
    M18

I think the top 2 are gonna be sold tonight in order to fund the Object 261 which I have just grinded but am not on premium so I dont have the cash to buy the thing.
  24. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, for me 261 is a so-so arty. Fast reload (25.xx), fast shell velocity, fast aiming, good accuracy, fast moving but meh damage. Poor splash radius and somehow poor damage for non-penetrating hits.
    But at least on Himmelsdorf you can load an AP and enter TD mode. :D
    He's on my sale list but not sold yet.

I'm curious about your opinions after a dozen of battles or so. :)

IMO best all-around arty for me remains TypE. All end tier arty's are nice, you just need to find the one which suit your playstyle.
  25. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Agreed.... I hated the T92 when I first got it, played about 100 battles and sold it. Then got bored about 4 months later and bought one again, this time I added some equipment to it and it grew on me, to the extent that you just know that if you have an E75 on 1000hp and you just drop a shell 10 metres away the E75 is going to be toast.... it gives you a great feeling! Inever thought I would enjoy any arty more than the M40/M43, and I have owned all the tier 7's and IMO the 40/43 is the best of the lot, but providing you have decent defence the T92 is just an animal.