• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 GTO² to X850 XT BIOS Mod

feeric

Thk to Wizzard for his job. My GTO² work fine 6200pts 3DM05

Thk you

feeric

One question about bios values.

Do you know where is the default frequencies in the bios, i want modify with an hex éditor for my card work allway at the OC freq without atitools ?

Thk

Z

Zoomer

Unregistered said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=48&Submit=Property

sorry about my english. i`m from europe, from lithania. in newegg is two cards. both card is moddible or not? because the cheaper is out of stock. what about the other card? thank you

Yes, both are moddable and are essentially the same card. The cheaper is the oem and the more expensive the lite retail. You can ask newegg for a packing list to see the differences. :)

And oh yeah, lite retails are supposed to have a colourful box.

narjisse

narjisse said:
Hello Folks,

After installing Catalyst 5.10 Driver, my system sees X800GTO2 as:
Adapter: RADEON X800/X850 Series
Chipset: RADEON X850 Pro (0x5D4F)

with Catalyst 5.09 Driver,
Adapter: RADEON X850 Series
Chipset: ATI display adapter (0x5D4F)

what gives?
what drivers are you using guys?
is there new BIOS update?:confused:

Qtax

GreenBaron said:
Statements like this do not aid the spirit of adventure of the overclocker. It was not very long ago that the Connect3D was not even mentioned in the main article. It has been included because of pioneers that TESTED and took a chance.

With the variety of chips used in the various brand's GTO cards, there is mixed success. I have not heard of any successful mods of the HIS, Powercolor, or Gecube brands. I have heard of some confirmed DID NOT work on these brands.

Just to clear things up. As stated by W1zzard you need "F":s in the marked (red) parts of fuses data for this to work. Right now only 2 cards were found to have this (and many more X800 cards that don't, as can be seen in the thread below).

GreenBaron said:
It was not very long ago that the Connect3D was not even mentioned in the main article. It has been included because of pioneers that TESTED and took a chance.

It was, afaik, tested by someone who saw that the fuse values were right on that card.
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=5367

P

psxcrazy

Back to 549/600

finally got my card back to 549\600 artifact free i found out what my problem was before when i was getting artifacts I have sony ra which has a liquid cool cpu so my power supply sits right on top of my card onlt a quater inch from my gto so by accident i found a program that overides the fan speed control of all my fans cause sony has locked them so without adjusting the fans my power supply gets extremly hot and it being so close to the card affects my oc so i use freshdiagnose to overide the lock on the fans and speedfan to set mmy fans at 100 % which is 50% more faster than sony origanily set the fans at and i get my case and cpu nice and cool if any one has a sony with the same issue of fan control when you download freshdiagnose just click on hardware and then sensor and youll here you fanspeeds go up its a bit loud but worth it i'd rather have the extra gameplay horse power i can deal with the noise

U

Unregistered

so is there a new bios that shows the card to be an x850xt with the new catalyst 5.10 drivers? if so where can we get it? :)

U

Unregistered

Unregistered said:
so is there a new bios that shows the card to be an x850xt with the new catalyst 5.10 drivers? if so where can we get it? :)
I had mine running that.
the BIOS has nothing to do with the drivers.. the BIOS can be downloaded from techpowerup (go to the main site for the bios download section)
then just install the 5.1 drivers.

--Trevor

Trevor

Hopefully, though, you're doing it simply for your own pleasure and not to pass this card off as an X850XT...
That'd be wrong, and illegal <_<

nick255

Processor Amd 64 venice 3000 @ 2366mhz
Motherboard Abit An8 sli
Cooling Custom watercooling black ice 120mm rad + cpu & gpu block
Memory 2 x 512mb DDR400
Video Card(s) C3d x800 gto unlocked 16pipes @ 529 / 515
Storage 200GB sata seagate, 160GB sata hitachi
Case Cooler Master stacker
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Power Supply Tagan 480
Software XP Pro / linux
Trevor said:
Ok.
Flashed back to the ORGINAL 12P BIOS, and I CAN hit the original speeds (575/610)

But whenever I flash to the 16P BIOS, I can only hit 540/580.
An ideas, at all?

I guess with 4 pipes disabled the core is running cooler so its easier to hit 575.. From what ive noticed with my card is that the temp of the core seems to have a knock on effect on how high i can run the memory stable.

With stock cooling my R423 core jumps from about 40c to nearly 70c and thats only running at like 460mhz, when my waterblock turns up ill see how high i can get it.......

i think ur gonna need some extra cooling to get it stable with 16pipes at 575

U

Unregistered

DanishDevil said:
Found a cheaper price:

http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-vf700culed-vga-cooler.html

For some reason though, Xoxide discontinued EVERY RamSink they carry. You'll only save a couple bucks by buying them from another place besides newegg, so I'm gonna get them from there.

PS: I was a noob, and attached some Zalman RamSinks on my old ATI AIW9600XT with my Zalman HP Blue Anodized Aluminum cooler with AS5 instead of the thermal tape about 2 years ago. Would anybody be willing to use some Vantec Copper BGA RamSinks and test MAX OCs with AS5 vs Thermal Tape vs Arctic Alumina on these? If not, I'll buy two packs or so and compare thermal tape, AS5, and Arctic Alumina.

those ramsinks are too tall, the top left sink will not allow the zalman to seat all the way down, I know I tried it. you may be able to sand/cut it if you have the means.

P

psxcrazy

Half life crashes

Anyone have an issue where half life crashes your pc when you have a high oc cause I do all games work fine except half life it crashes my pc i have to turn my card down

P

Psxcrazy

psxcrazy said:
Anyone have an issue where half life crashes your pc when you have a high oc cause I do all games work fine except half life it crashes my pc i have to turn my card down
sorry i meant far cry

U

Unregistered

nick255 said:
I guess with 4 pipes disabled the core is running cooler so its easier to hit 575.. From what ive noticed with my card is that the temp of the core seems to have a knock on effect on how high i can run the memory stable.

With stock cooling my R423 core jumps from about 40c to nearly 70c and thats only running at like 460mhz, when my waterblock turns up ill see how high i can get it.......

i think ur gonna need some extra cooling to get it stable with 16pipes at 575
I'm using a Zalman 700Cu, which is why I'm so curious about my high temperatures.

U

Unregistered

HIS X800GTO ICEQ II Turbo

HI guy's i will receive my card tomorow and I try to mod-it.
Nobody have this card ?

Sorry for my poor english.

Dr.D

Unregistered said:

Does it matter what it shows? So long as your unlock and runninng at X800XT speeds right?

System Name Big Devil
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Cooling XSPC Rasa | Black Ice GT Stealth 240 | XSPC X2O 750 | 2x ACF12PWM | PrimoChill White 7/16"
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic White 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC
Storage Intel 520 Series 180GB + WD 1TB Blue
Display(s) HP ZR30W 30" 2650x1600 IPS
Case Corsair 600T SE
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX | Sennheisser PC350 "Hero" Modded | Corsair SP2500
Power Supply ABS SL 1050W (Enermax Revolution Rebadge)
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/ Media Center
Benchmark Scores Ducky Year of the Snake w/ Cherry MX Browns & Year of the Tiger PBT Keycaps | Razer Deathadder Black
Vm-102

Unregistered said:
those ramsinks are too tall, the top left sink will not allow the zalman to seat all the way down, I know I tried it. you may be able to sand/cut it if you have the means.

Thanks for the tip man. I'm gonna have to look into a few things . . .

My friend got the AeroCool VM-102 from Europe a few weeks ago. Check it out:

I WANT ONE!!! Does anybody know where they are selling, and when they will sell in the US?

Dr.D

I called ATACOM and they said they will get their shipments in on friday (10/21/05)
"If they have them in on time" said the lady I talked to:mad: :mad:

System Name Big Devil
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Cooling XSPC Rasa | Black Ice GT Stealth 240 | XSPC X2O 750 | 2x ACF12PWM | PrimoChill White 7/16"
Case Corsair 600T SE
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX | Sennheisser PC350 "Hero" Modded | Corsair SP2500
Benchmark Scores Ducky Year of the Snake w/ Cherry MX Browns & Year of the Tiger PBT Keycaps | Razer Deathadder Black
Dr.D said:
Does it matter what it shows? So long as your unlock and runninng at X800XT speeds right?

Exactly my philosiphy. I don't know why all you guys freak out about whether Device Manager says you have an X850XTPE anyway. The fact is, if it overclocks to XTPE speeds, you do in fact have one :toast:

Trevor

Dr.D said:
I'm worried he's trying to do this for malicious purposes.
(Sell it on Ebay as an X850XT/PE, and just say he added a cooler, or something along those lines.)

System Name Big Devil
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Case Corsair 600T SE
He can do whatever he wants. I actually pondered selling these as modded X800GTO2s at X850XTPE Speeds. Too much work during Junior year of High School though.

System Name Big Devil
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Case Corsair 600T SE
OK guys. I have decided that I'm going with that Zalman cooler I mentioned earlier and I'm just going to use the RamSinks that come with it. No, they won't cool as well as copper ones, but, hey, you can always upgrade your ramsinks.

Ombracol

How high can I go

Hey guys I Have the gto2 have it running 549 610 with stock cooler artifactfree so my question is if i purchase a high end cooler how much higher can i get ther card would the gain be worth the price if anyone knows? what is the highest you guys have gotten

System Name Big Devil
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Case Corsair 600T SE