1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your PC ATM

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by DaMulta, Jul 7, 2008.

1. jzv New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Jan Kyster did not think of painting the crossfire bridge!

2. Jan Kyster

Jan Kyster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did something useful?! [​IMG]

Masking underside and connectors...
    [​IMG]

Love painting things black! [​IMG] Only sprayed sides and top...
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the dust :eek:

repman244 and PopcornMachine say thanks.
  3. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    I see a crossfire bridge, I must have it painted black...

4. repman244

repman244

Thanks Received:
    Even the desk is black, did you paint that aswell :roll:

5. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Nice work in here guys, keep it up :pimp: I'll be back in a bit with a pic of my front room net rig... she's not too good for cable management :(

Make that tomorrow, camera's at my mates.

6. Jan Kyster

Jan Kyster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I paint everything that's floating on the desk... :shadedshu

[​IMG]

Tip of the Day.

If you're going to use spray paint, make sure things not supposed to be painted are:

1. covered
    2. moved outside paint zone
    3. not your own stuff
    4. same colour as paint

The camera came is in category 3... :slap:

Took two hours of hard work, lots of elbow grease and propyl alchohol to get clean again. :shadedshu

And the camera owner just laughed at me :wtf:

7. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely! If only there was a more practical way of using a mouse/keyboard combo from your couch! For now, I've resigned to using a console controller scheme for FPS games :p

Well, I would definitely recommend the HAF-X, the difference is like night and day in terms of acoustics, I just received my 120mm CM Excalibur fan for the video cards air duct (was using a 120mm Scythe fan before) and not only is this case hardly audible, but temps have droped significantly over my previous case.

There's been a couple of times that I've had to double check to see if my PC was on, because I can hardly hear it now, with my Tt case you could tell the PC was on even being outside my office, most of my fans are connected to my MB and programmed to go over 60% only when the temp sensors go over 25 degrees, so most of the time the fans sound is just barely perceptible.

I also like the aesthetics better for this case over the Tt, but that can be a matter of taste, I like the fact that even the case's interior is painted satin black, cable management is also much easier with this case, there's plenty of room to hide your cables, and the PSU shroud is really useful also.

The Tt has a removable MB tray, but weights a ton, the HAF-X is also heavy, and doesn't come with a removable tray, but comes with little wheels that make it way easier to move your PC around.

So far, I feel like this case has been a big improvement over the Armor+ I hope this make your decision easier, please let me know if you have any specific questions.

mastrdrver says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:

I too would highly recommend the HAF-X I love mine!

I put my wireless keyboard in my lap, and place a mouse pad on the couch and away I go.

See pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    Grings and 15th Warlock say thanks.
  9. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    I do have the 932 and know what you talk about it being quite when having the fans plugged in to my board. Since I run my NH-D14 I run them at full speed to make sure the CPU stays below 60C even when gaming.

I was just thinking about moving to the TR mostly because it offers more room for larger "oversized" boards if I ever decide to move that way. I wasn't much concerned until you mentioned wiring. Will probably pass on the TR then.

Thanks for the info though. :toast:

15th Warlock says thanks.
  10. Jan Kyster

Jan Kyster New Member

Thanks Received:
    While taking a break and enjoying all cabling in case is finally finished...
    [​IMG]

... he suddenly realised, he couldn't live with this after all! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rebuild #67.2A underway! :banghead:

Will bolt cooling box to case and let tubings run straight down through bottom of case/top of cooling box instead.

Isn't this just a wonderful and lovely hobby to have? :D

MT Alex, t77snapshot, random and 6 others say thanks.
  11. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    What kind of temps are you getting ?

12. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That looks stunning! :respect: :respect:

13. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Glad to see that you found out it wont work. I bet when you drill at the bottom, and work it threw that way, you can add back that MB loop.. how much feet of tubing was that?

14. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    Nice! I have a Logitech DiNovo Mini keyboard/mouse combo, it's really small, and cannot be used for FPS game play as a regular keyboard/mouse combo due to its size, I bought it for when I had m HTPC in the bedroom, and using a full keyboard would've been akward, now that my HTPC is in the game room I'll probably get a new wireless keyboard and mouse, thanks for the advice and the pics! :toast:

Any recommendations for the keyboard and mouse?

Sure bro, both the CM HAF-X and the Tt Armor+ are the same size, but the CM case offers more ways to do all your cable management, I also like the fact that the PSU is in the bottom instead of the top of the case, IMO that helps with the thermals too ;)

Hope you get the HAF-X, you won't be disappointed :cool:

OMG, that's a realy nice rig :respect: can I ask for your advice if I ever decide to go for water cooling? If only I were not such a chicken shit when it comes to building a custom water cooling loop :p

Great setup man! :respect: :pimp:

Finally got my TX-NR609 today, Newegg made me an offer I couldn't refuse, the receiver and two Klipsch Reference RF-52 II B speakers for $799, almost $500 off the regular price! And all with free shipping :D

[​IMG]

I'm using the Audyssey DSX feature for a "front wide" setup, using 5 front speakers for vertical sound dimension, plus 2 surround speakers, you would not believe the listening experience from this setup!

[​IMG]

I removed the speakers screens for this shot, but I leave them on all the time, looks really tight! :rockout:

Please let me know what you guys think :)

t77snapshot and Lionheart say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I like the Microsoft sidewinder x6 as it is the width of my lap and the number pad is detachable, it also has programable macro keys I like that I can have keys to launch specific apps and games, and I use the Sidewinder x8 mouse it goes up to 4,000 DPI, and and the reciver is good for up to 15 feet and can recharge while you play if need be, but I get about 19 hours a full weekend friday - sunday evening of play before I need to charge it so it gets great battery life.

16. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I love my microsft arc keyboard for a livingroom coffee table htpc keyboard. Its actually horrible for typing or gaming but looks classy as hell.

17. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    omg :eek: 500$ off the regular price, you must be lucky :cool:

18. Fatal

Fatal

Thanks Received:
    This is what my computer looks like now. Sorry for the poor pictures I'm terrible at taking pictures. :laugh:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

t77snapshot and cadaveca say thanks.
  19. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Looks good Fatal.. I really miss my crossfire 5870's... Oh, how great they were

Fatal says thanks.
  20. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Nice and clean Fatal, can't even see the wires without straining my eyes :pimp:

I've just done pretty much the same thing with my Raven 2 - cable sleeving all over and getting the red and black theme looking good.
    The 3 180mm bottom fans were hard to sleeve because of the switches in the top of the case. I removed the wires from the switches, sleeved then re-soldered them back on. Lots of work, but worth it :)

Fatal says thanks.
  21. Jan Kyster

Jan Kyster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh, temps are not the issue here. Going for looks only :eek:

Again, for looks only I'll keep the the MB blocks out of the rig.
    Neither the few inches of tubing nor the 7 angled fittings were the cause of the "slow" flow. The DCP 2.2 is just not that powerful.
    Flow was good from the start from what I know now. Learning my little bits every day... :D

That is so not recommended! :shadedshu
    Unless of course you like to do rebuild after rebuild after rebuild... :p

But you certainly know how to put a cool looking rig together! :toast:

With a bit of masking I would get that ugly brown CrossFire bridge into the same red/black theme though... :slap: :D

Fatal says thanks.
  22. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:

Yes your right on the factor that the pump wasn't powerful enough only because of the length of the loop.

the EK, DCP 2.2 is only 2.2m so. Ruffly 7.2f is the length of the loop it will do.. Reason why I asked on the tube length is that it looks well over the 7.2f it needs.. So.. if you do what you say your going to do, to cut the loop down on tubing, you should still have enough "head" to get that mb top on.. If you wanted to.. That's all I'm going at when I asked the question

23. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    Yes. Fascinating and frustrating at the same time. :ohwell:

24. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Both overly flashy and ugly?

You are gonna think I'm crazy, but do yourself a favor and try ditching the front wide setup, and bi-amping your mains instead. You won't believe the difference it makes in sound quality in the mains, especially with stereo music.

Temps are always an issue, even if looks are primarily what you are after. Good looks are pointless if your hardware overheats. You still need to monitor your temps, no ifs, ands or buts.

And he's right about tubing length. It will help a great deal.

25. Fatal

Fatal

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I like the way crossfire it looks :toast:

I need to tidy up the back a bit will look into sleeving those wires.

I just saw the CrossFire bridge masking. I see you can paint it or use heat shrink will have to see which looks better. Hell really just long as its not looking the way it does :laugh: