1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your PC ATM

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by DaMulta, Jul 7, 2008.

1. m4ci3k New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

t77snapshot, cadaveca, MT Alex and 5 others say thanks.
  2. SaZ

SaZ

Thanks Received:
    Nice pc i like the case its very nice:respect:

3. TriggerWolf

TriggerWolf

Thanks Received:
    Well, I've drooled over a few rigs over here... lol

I guess I should show mine, and since a few of you guys are also showing your desks I'll start with that. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not much to see since it's dark and I have the 200mm fan on the P190 side panel, so I couldn't crack it open for a clearer view. Also the cable management is not the best near the PCIE slots due to the RAID controller lol :p

:toast:

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this thread should get good once christmas arrives

5. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I should have something for this in about 5-8 days

6. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Nothing fancy, just the 200R with an i7860 and 6770 GPU. Not really feeling the GPU- its the reference cooler and is loud as all get out.

Installing Windows 8 Pro on it now :D

[​IMG]

TRWOV, t77snapshot, cadaveca and 4 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    The Ref coolers aren't that bad if you set up a good fan profile. (I use MSI afterburner for this reason.)

theonedub says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. ALMOSTunseen

ALMOSTunseen

Thanks Received:
    May I ask where do you get your parts from?

9. ensabrenoir

ensabrenoir

Thanks Received:
    I7860....oh the memories......my first major build......6870 in xfire....now my wife's...she knows not the power she posseses

theonedub says thanks.
  10. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Turns out that it was running @ 100% during install :laugh: It is quiet now, but I will have to see what it spools up to under load.

In other news, Windows 8 Modern/Metro is weird- but I almost like it. Think I will keep it on a secondary computer not my main PC.

Radical_Edward says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, that's a little strange, never had mine do that. Although I haven't bothered with 8 yet other than in Virtual machines. I don't much care for it. Nor Server 2012's UI. But I do like some of the other new features.

I think I'll stick with Windows 7 for a while and do some more testing with 8 before I think about building a machine with it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Building a "new" system fora friend/coworker to replace an old S754 AMD 64.[​IMG]
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 (intend to OC to 3GHz), 1GB RAM (will have 6GB, but I have to steal some from my Atom and AMD X2), 500GB Seagate HDD, 8800GTS G92 (to be replaced with a GTS450 or GTX460 before it goes out to him), Gigabyte P35 board

phill, Norton, MT Alex and 3 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Thank you :) They are already out of stock of the orange ones at my local store haha. I was lucky I have one.

14. phill

Thanks Received:
    What model raid controller do you use?? :)

I see so many amazing rigs on here :D I've built a few for friends for Christmas, I hope to put them up shortly :D

15. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:

Sp clean! Look'in good dub :pimp:

theonedub says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. TriggerWolf

TriggerWolf

Thanks Received:
    LSI MegaRAID 9264-8i. Nifty little controller :D

Oh I agree with you on the amazing rigs here, I had to pick up a roll of paper towel last time I took a look at this thread lol ;)

17. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    LiquidMac i5 v1.0

Almost a year passed since this and this

I had to leave that beautiful project it in its very first stage due to work. Many things were missing: the power cable was not hooked up, element disposition was not deeply thought and nothing was permanently attached or well fixed. Fortunately i had time these few last days and i wanted to upgrade the beta version to 1.0 ... and it was kinda successful.

Had a time thinking about the hard drives position (now i'm running two) and its best spot for heat dissipation w/o compromising anything else. I also measured a lot of the internals to suit the original power button and led that i had along with a new Swiftech MCR-220XP and Micro-Res v2. Got some new 1/4" auto-fittings and 2x60mm fans that i placed under the rad to keep it higher than the deposit. To replace my old blue neons i got one Phobya LED Stripe (white color) and i paired it with a switch profiting one of the original holes of the case. To beautify the top part and hide the PSU as well as the CD and some cables i cutted the original G5 cpu covers and give it a lil bit of Mac Pro top-style.

Enough talking, let's go to the pictures :D

This is the look of the lil beast closed
    [​IMG]

Power button and led (detail)
    [​IMG]

Deposit + Radiator + Pump (detail)
    [​IMG]

HD + CPU Block + GFX + Rear fans + LED Stripe (detail)
    [​IMG]

General view without the door
    [​IMG]

And a shot of the temps (don't trust the voltages, their readings are wrong)
    [​IMG]

Hope you like it! :toast:

PS: I needed to get it done in case the world ends today :p :laugh:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  18. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Very nice.

SirKeldon says thanks.
  19. ALMOSTunseen

ALMOSTunseen

Thanks Received:
    Just a quick Question, do 90 degree fittings affect flow much?

20. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    90 degrees are always more restrictives. They are generally used for two main reason:

First: When the access is limited so you have to install that 90 elbow.

Second: When you need to slow down the flow at a critical point in a water or any hydraulic system.

SirKeldon says thanks.
  21. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    GTS 450's in SLI! Sorry for the blurry camera but I was under my desk at work installing these.

[​IMG]

MT Alex and TRWOV say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Well, my 7950's are back from RMA, arrived on my doorstep late last night. Got a chance to build my rig back up, but in the meantime, waiting for my VGAs to show back up, I had the opportunity to play with this G.Skill C11 2666 MHz ram, and boy, am I impressed! Currently running ram @ 2133 MHz, 11-11-11-28, with just 1.35 V!!!

[​IMG]

TRWOV, PopcornMachine and MT Alex say thanks.
  23. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    is that better then what you could do with the Dominator platinums?

24. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I still have to test those for low-volt, so I am not sure. I do know that the Platinum sticks are not as flexible with subtimings as these sticks are. I can tweak subtimings on these and get way more performance out of these than the Corsair sticks.

I think I've found the limit of my IMC, so that made me look at low-volt. These G.Skill sticks use a different IC than the Platinum sticks, and I think the C11 2666 Platinums have the same IC as these G.Skill ones do.

Now play with 9-11-10-28 @ 1.5 V, 2133 MHz. You cannot find sticks with htose timings at 1.5 V..all the sticks with those timings use 1.65V. I'm really enjoying playing with these.

I'm also compiling info for a memory OC guide. I have a couple of boards to get done, this memory kit, and then I'll post the clocking guide.

Sliver Victor says thanks.
  25. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is the eternal question, theoretically they affect flow, though it all, many people treat them as "demons" based on urban myths mostly: "they're cutting it down to 50%" or others. The only way to get it tested it's to use a flow meter, cause the flow is affected for a lot of things, not just the elbows, also the loop distance and curves (or kinks), the loop fluid (density and viscosity) as well as the position of water elements as blocks or radiators. Once said that, of course 90 degree elbows are gonna affect flow but the amount of it it's gonna change from one loop to another. There are math and physic formulas that can help you with that but the easiest one is to measure it by yourself in your specific system.

In my personal one, i can see how fast the liquid is moving (using Mayhem Aurora fluid) and as far as i can see, the shortness of my circuit, the fact that no tube is kinked and a powerful pump is giving me almost the same speeds on every part of the loop w/o noticeable flow restrictions.

Also you can find 90 degree rotary elbows which are carrying a 45º inside as some Bitspower fittings.

Yeah, i'm using them in two critic and very limited points of my circuit: the return from radiator to reservoir which will cause a curve between these elements and will disturb the res-pump tube and could move the position of my radiator, also the pump-block connection, which i decided to make it straight to allow more air to pass through the MB and the plate of the GFX. It was just to maximize the free space to maintain the circuit in case any emergency happens and also some fresh inners.