• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

do's and don't when choosing parts for media pc

regan1985

Processor yorkfield core 2 quad Q8200 3.2ghz 1.26v
Motherboard asus p5Q SE
Cooling akasa ak965
Memory Kingston 1066 2x2gb 1104mhz 2.2v
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE HD 2600 XT DDR3 857/1078
Storage 2X Samsung spinpoint 500GB 7200 4x 1tb samsung eco 5400
Display(s) 2xSamsung P2270 22" Widescreen
Case NZXT Hush Quiet Case in Black
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 500w Silent Power Supply
Software windows 7 64
ive just moved house and now have started to purchase new homely items!next on my list is my livingroom! i have got most of my dvds backed up with my music and in total it comes to 4t of data which i have on 6 750gb samsung drives. what i plan on doing is using some parts from my current setup everything other then the motherboard as i have a mico atx 939 board somewhere,i only want to spend arround £80 for case and powersupply and new heaksink what would you guys do? also im about to buy a new setup thats why i want to use my current parts.and in teh future i will buy a blu ray drive but not yet!

ive just moved house and now have started to purchase new homely items!next on my list is my livingroom! i have got most of my dvds backed up with my music and in total it comes to 4t of data which i have on 6 750gb samsung drives. what i plan on doing is using some parts from my current setup everything other then the motherboard as i have a mico atx 939 board somewhere,i only want to spend arround £80 for case and powersupply and new heaksink what would you guys do? also im about to buy a new setup thats why i want to use my current parts.and in teh future i will buy a blu ray drive but not yet!

4got to say you guys are going to say if you can afford to buy 6 samsung drives then you can spend more on the setup but i won them from samsung when i purchased my tv how lucky am i hehe

Last edited by a moderator: