• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GET up to 34% performance increase in DX10 games

Processor AMD Phenom II 1055T @ 3.6ghz 1.3V
Motherboard Asus M5A97 EVO
Cooling Xigmatek SD1284
Memory 2x4GB Patriot Sector 5 PC3-12800 @ 7-8-7-24-1T 1.7V
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD @ 1100/1350 1.185V
Storage OCZ Agility 3 120GB + 2x7200.12 500GB Raid1
Display(s) QNIX QX2710 27" LCD 1440p @ 120hz
Case Cooler Master 690M
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 620W Eco Edition
Software Windows 7 Professional x64 / Ubuntu 12.04 x64
Well, I tried it yesterday, and it wouldn't install, as per the error message I showed a few pages back. Today, I said "what the hell" and tried it again, with the exact same method and it worked!

My report. Wow, I've never been able to play Warhead in DX10 mode at 1680x1050 acceptably. Today is the first time! I got a consistent 30fps in DX10 mode on the "Adapt or Perish" level (the one with hovercraft) using "gamer" settings. Also, adding in "r_useedgeaa=1" had no impact on performance, but made the game look much nicer. This is using the x64 version of Warhead, BTW.

Now, the bad news, DX9 mode no longer works AT ALL with Warhead. I tried it and the level loads fine, but you can't see anything due to the whole screen artifacting like crazy. I guess I'd prefer using DX10 instead if I can, so this isn't a huge deal, but it worries me for other DX9 things. I'll try a Vantage run and re-report.

ShadowFold

System Name The ShadowFold Draconis (Ordering soon)
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
Cooling Stock
Memory Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX ATi Radeon HD 5850 1gb
Storage Western Digital 640gb
Display(s) Acer 21.5" 5ms Full HD 1920x1080P
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 650w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores -❶-❸-❸-❼-
1280x720 still runs like crap....

Processor AMD Phenom II 1055T @ 3.6ghz 1.3V
Motherboard Asus M5A97 EVO
Cooling Xigmatek SD1284
Memory 2x4GB Patriot Sector 5 PC3-12800 @ 7-8-7-24-1T 1.7V
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD @ 1100/1350 1.185V
Storage OCZ Agility 3 120GB + 2x7200.12 500GB Raid1
Display(s) QNIX QX2710 27" LCD 1440p @ 120hz
Case Cooler Master 690M
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 620W Eco Edition
Software Windows 7 Professional x64 / Ubuntu 12.04 x64
Shadowfold, something I'd like to add is that for about the first 1.5minutes in the Warhead level I tried, I got an appalling 11-14fps. After that time, and just moving around, my framerate jumped to about a solid 30fps and stayed there until I quit.

Could you try using Warhead in full screen instead of what you are doing? Also, I don't know what you are using to measure fps, but I just type "r_displayinfo=1" into the Crysis console.

And btw, no improvement in Vantage scores, but only f*$^#s care about synthetic scores more than in game fps ( :) ).

CheetoLover

They aren't. Microsoft is going to have directx physics API (openCl, not owned by MS but they will use it), which is not physx and will be implementable in hardware on ati and nvidia gpu's (all they have to do is map the api commands to cuda equivalent commands for nvidia cards and stream equivalent commands on ATI gpus (stream is the ati equivalent of cuda)).

That won't work, game developers will not waste resources on an API which can't be used with all graphics cards when there is a free, fully directx integrated api available which will work with all graphics cards, and against the might of microsoft and directx/opencl nvidia has a lot less influence over developers.

opencl is "open computing language(sp?)" and yes ms plans their own physx type enterface that would work with 3rd party engins like havoc and physx(tho intel owns havoc so i honestly dont see it becoming gpu accelerated, intel insists he gpu is on the way out and everythings gonna be on the cpu)

First of all congratulations for the driver tweak. BTW no one tried it yet??

Now, about CUDA and PhysX there's a lot of inacurate, incorrect and some borserline false info giving here.

- The only game with GPU PhysX released to date is Mirror's Edge and when GPU PhysX option is dissabled, there's no offloading of anything to the CPU. When dissabled both Nvidia and Ati cards have exactly the same CPU usage.

- CUDA can't offload ANY work out from the CPU unless the program was especifically programmed for that purpose. CUDA for instance, has to be initialized in the program itself to work, just as you have to initialize DirectX or any other API.

- CUDA and OpenCL and STREAM are virtually the same thing (the three come from Brook+), just that each of them have their own sintaxis. There's no such thing as Nvidia cards run better CUDA than they do OpenCL, nor Ati cards run better STREAM. There's going to be differences? Yes of course, some little ones, but if a Nvidia card is faster with CUDA than a comparable Ati card with STREAM it wil be so with OpenCL and viceversa.

- PhysX is a physics API and engine first, which is exactly the same as Havok, and on a second level has an optional interface to comunicate with CUDA, with Ageia physx card or even PS3's SPEs. By default it runs on the CPU just as Havok, it's required a condition to run it in other platforms.

- Because PhysX is independant from the platform, and GPGPU solutions are so similar between them there's not going to be any problem to run PhysX through OpenCL or DX11. It took Nvidia 2 months to adapt PhysX to CUDA, it will take about the same (or less) to adapt it to OpenCL.

- AFAIK DX11 will not have a physics engine implemented similar to Havok or PhysX. It will just have some shaders and extensions to make things easier, but won't be any different from D3D. You still have to make the renderer and game engine, right? The same will be with physics. DX11 will make possible GPU accelerated physics, but companies will still need an engine and will most probaly outsource to Havok or PhysX as they have always done. Now who you do prefer to dominate the physics world and future is your own decision: Intel (they own Havok) or Nvidia? And don't be naive, if you think that Nvidia would make PhysX run better on their hardware, think that Intel will do the same (and that hardware is Larrabe, with nothing in common with Ati/Nvidia GPUs). Intel has a much longer and intense history with antitrust behavior, plus it's like 10 times bigger, omnipotent and omnipresent, so think it twice.

acctualy hate to have to tell you this Dark but its not dx11,its now going to be called d3d11 as ms is mainly updating the 3d portion of the suit(just bugfixes for direct sound and such)

and physx is an OPEN API, ATI/AMD could choose to support it dirrectly, but they dont, mostly i think because its got the nvidia name on it......same as nvidia wont allow CF on their chipsets or SLI on ati/amd's.

now about your false info reguarding physx, With current physx drivers from nvidia yes cuda can offload physx work from the cpu in physx games, ut3, MassEffect, Warmonger, and a stack of other games i have all bennifit when i enable GPU physx dispite these games coming out b4 cuda physx support was avalable.

Cuda physx works just like slaping in a stand along physx card once drivers are updated, in a few cases u need to copy files from the physx driver folder into the games folder over writing older physx files(pre gpu physx) but even then its CAKE and yes i works.

As to the argument about IQ with AA settings, it depends on the game in some games nvidia 8x and ati x8 are gonna look the same, in others you need 16x or 8xQ to come close to ati's IQ, its VERY dependant on the game your playing.

Transpairancy AA on nvidia sucks in multisample mode, its blotchy/spotty in most games i play, using supersampling has a bigger hit but looks FAR better.

8800gts 512@757/1900/2200 incase your wondering, and i have dirrectly compaired ati and nvidia IQ, and sometimes its even, other times ati is clearly ahead.

want an easy example.

WoW, in wow i could set 4x on my 1900xtx and it looked SMOOTH, no jaggies at all(1600x1200), on this nvidia card, 16x or 8xQ is a must to get it mostly smooth, and you DO NOT WANT TO USE MULTI SAMPLE for tras AA, it looks HORRIBLE.

on the other hand ut2k4 you can use any aa settings and it looks fine, tho it still looks far better with supersampled trans aa.

Fable:the lost chapers, HATES multi sample trans aa, but looks NICE with supersampled, also it dosnt care what AA mode you use, it still bennifits nicely from any of them :)

oh and alot of games like combine mode(supersample aa+multi sample aa) if anybody wants to try this, grab nhancer(google it) specly older games, combine mode can really make them look lightyears better.

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
acctualy hate to have to tell you this Dark but its not dx11,its now going to be called d3d11 as ms is mainly updating the 3d portion of the suit(just bugfixes for direct sound and such)

and physx is an OPEN API, ATI/AMD could choose to support it dirrectly, but they dont, mostly i think because its got the nvidia name on it......same as nvidia wont allow CF on their chipsets or SLI on ati/amd's.

now about your false info reguarding physx, With current physx drivers from nvidia yes cuda can offload physx work from the cpu in physx games, ut3, MassEffect, Warmonger, and a stack of other games i have all bennifit when i enable GPU physx dispite these games coming out b4 cuda physx support was avalable.

Cuda physx works just like slaping in a stand along physx card once drivers are updated, in a few cases u need to copy files from the physx driver folder into the games folder over writing older physx files(pre gpu physx) but even then its CAKE and yes i works.

Man I know that Nvidia cards can accelerate games that have PhysX as their physics engine. Anyway: Warmonger of course, UT3 with physx pack yes of course, but MassEffect I doubt it. You know, I have all those games and MassEffect has zero benefit when PhysX is enabled in my card.

Anyway all those games have PhysX as their physics engine (that falls under the "unless especifically programmed for" tab) and the OP was saying that ANY work could be taken off the CPU and run through CUDA, which is completely false. It would be wonderful, and I think everyone has to agree with that, but it just can't be done. Nvidia wished they could at this time :laugh:. If that was true finally someone would :nutkick: Intel... Let's just hope some day.

Regarding DX11, it's always been D3Dx.x, but that's only the 3D graphics portion of the DX API. M$ is only going to improve that portion but that doesn't mean they won't call it DX11. They've improved only the D3D portion many times and even though they didn't improve anything else, that alone warranted a name change. I don't see why they would call the whole API D3D11 now, after almost 15 years doing the same thing...

PCpraiser100

System Name REBEL R1
Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard ASUS P6T
Cooling Stock
Memory 6GB OCZ GOLD TC LV Kit 1866MHz@1.65V 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) Two Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X Xfire'd and OC'd (920/1330)
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB 32MB
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D1 PCI Sound Card
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 500W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 16585 Performance Score on 3DMark Vantage
Although there is a lot going on in graphics cards lately, I'm probably sticking with my 3870. I'm waiting for Shader Model 5.0 and DX11. DX11 is compatible with today;s cards however not with 5.0.

CheetoLover

I have seen a few news articals saying ms isnt going to call it dx11, they have changed their mind on that, since they are updating d3d thats what they wana call it...

now they may change their mind, but from what i read d3d11 is a strict subset of dx10/10.1, we will see what ms does.

we will also see if they change the specs again to suit nvidia as they did with dx10(10.1 was what 10 was orignaly speced to be, nvidia didnt like it wanted stuff removed, ms gave in)

hell we will see if nvidia comes out with a dx11 card or if they say "nothing uses it yet, you can wait"

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
Close your ears and investigate .....:mad:

Is that how, all of you react in something new ? ? ?

Ok , do not risk your life s to investigate ... i did .. Its about Vista 64 and ATI cards.

Its a simple tweak , that if you use the CCC for any setting ,
it reverses back to default settings , and the " what ever tweak " gets lost .

Thats all , now shoot the man ... and aim well at his head ...

lol.. sure.. and while I'm at it, I'll investigate every other trojan and malware program flying around on the internet too..

that's like saying I should download every registry cleaner and malware removal program, that is emailed or pops up to me..
just because it's new and "might" work..
come on.. lol..

guy never posted here before..
and now this?
agreed.. screams fake..

and why does cheto lover have the same avatar as wizzard?

CheetoLover

um, dude its an INF FILE, aka a TEXT FILE, it cant do anything to your system by itself........

corse thats human nature, fear the unknown...........

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
nothing unknown about the internet..lol..
it's full of scams and bogus software..
fear the known is more like it..

Hey I hope it works for ya..
to risky for me..

oh btw dx10.1 was supposed to be in assasins creed..
they took it out due to issues..
and are not planning to use it in any update.
guess it had problems.
yea they called it dx10.1

but still..
why do you have the same avatar as wizzard? lol..

CheetoLover

acctualy nobodys reported any problems with 10.1, it was patched out due to nvidia being PISSED that 10.1 ran better on ati cards then 10 ran on their cards(unable to do 10.1)

and there was a patch that added it back.

heres a little info for you
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-and-Ubisoft-Row-Over-Assassin-039-s-Creed-Patch-85451.shtml
There's a little thing called DirectX 10.1 API and it's causing quite a bit of a storm in the gaming world. Or, more accurately, in that part of the gaming world that plays Assassin's Creed and likes conspiracy theories.

Let's start from the top. The above-mentioned API was supposed
to fix one of the most obvious issues with DirectX 10, that of slow anti-aliasing. Assassin's Creed for the PC is one the few games that supports the 10.1 API. Some gamers remarked that the new implementation of anti-aliasing made the game run faster on top ATI videocards, like the ATI Radeon HD 3000 implementations. Considering the fact that Assassin's Creed is one of those titles that bears an Nvidia logo, called "The Way It's Meant To Be Played", that is telling gamers that the game is best played with a graphics card from Nvidia, it's clear that there were people who found themselves a bit annoyed with the increased ATI performance.

Then Ubisoft released a patch that was designed to eliminate the support for the 10.1 API from the game. They said that "the patch will remove support for DX10.1, since we need to rework its implementation. The performance gains seen by players who are currently playing Assassin's Creed with a DX10.1 graphics card are in large part due to the fact that our implementation removes a render pass during post-effect which is costly".

Apparently, the whole purpose of the new 10.1 API is to remove that pass, a pass that 10.0 added without there being any need for it. So it seems that the Ubisoft explanation does not pass (pun intended) close inspection. And this is where the conspiracy begins.

The best-liked theory is that Nvidia may have launched veiled threats at Ubisoft regarding a certain amount of money that was supposed to go in a co-advertising deal. Representatives from both Nvidia and Ubisoft have denied such claims. But there are enough facts on the ground to support the claim that something along these lines has happened.

Meanwhile, the best thing regarding the new patch for Assassin's Creed is not to install it if you have ATI hardware capable of DirectX 10.1 rendering. Otherwise, get it and patch the game.

this wasnt a bug, it wasnt a flaw, it wasnt removed for those reasions, and if u read their statements its pretty clear it was removed due to nvidia being PISSED that they payed for a title to be "the way its ment to be played" and then it runs better on the compeditors hardware(even older hardware like the 3800's)

hey D007, you better be carefull, your downloading text from the net to see this, if somebody posts the code/text of the inf file again you will have a copy on your browsers temp file!!!!!

I dont need this, im on nvidia but still, your being so paranoied about a TEXT FILE..........

and also buying into the thought that stuff being patched out is alwase for the betterment of a game/app, when clearly thats not true.

really, theres no need to patch the game, if your on ati stick with it unpatched, it runs better and dosnt have any negitive effect.

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Processor AMD RyZen 5950x
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero 570x WIFI
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 64GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 MHz 14C x4
Video Card(s) Evga 3080 TI
Storage Seagate 8TB + 3TB + 4TB + 2TB external + 512 Samsung 980
Display(s) LG 4K 144Hz 27GN950-B
Case Thermaltake CA-1F8-00M1WN-02 Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition Black
Audio Device(s) XI-FI 8.1
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
Well, I tried it yesterday, and it wouldn't install, as per the error message I showed a few pages back. Today, I said "what the hell" and tried it again, with the exact same method and it worked!

My report. Wow, I've never been able to play Warhead in DX10 mode at 1680x1050 acceptably. Today is the first time! I got a consistent 30fps in DX10 mode on the "Adapt or Perish" level (the one with hovercraft) using "gamer" settings. Also, adding in "r_useedgeaa=1" had no impact on performance, but made the game look much nicer. This is using the x64 version of Warhead, BTW.

Now, the bad news, DX9 mode no longer works AT ALL with Warhead. I tried it and the level loads fine, but you can't see anything due to the whole screen artifacting like crazy. I guess I'd prefer using DX10 instead if I can, so this isn't a huge deal, but it worries me for other DX9 things. I'll try a Vantage run and re-report.

Hey thats GR8. thats the right thing i too get with the tweak. so you installed right. good :) can you please check some other game and report back please :)

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
This didn't work for me, I replaced the INF file in the driver folder and all my games did was crash on dx10 lol... had to uninstall and reinstall, way too tedious for me >.<

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Not quite sure how the thread has moved from discussing some ATi modded driver implementation which might give all ATi users some additional performace benefits to another of those discussions about IQ in the red and green camps etc, clearly everyone has different opinions on how they "see" IQ, for me, ATi always used to be trumps in that department however I personally beleive that NVidia comes up trumps at the moment, well at LEAST they equal ATi's current offerings.....again thats my eyes at a decent resolution, I feel qualified to say that, not just because it's my opinion but because in the last 6 months I have owned:

GTX260
1GB HD4850 Sonics in Xfire
GTX280
HD4870x2

As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"!

Now back on topic (sorry)

Thanks to those who have tried saikamaldosses hard work, I will be giving it a try this weekend :toast:

Last edited:
System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
Thanks to those who have tried saikamaldosses hard work, I will be giving it a try this weekend :toast:

Thanks M8

please note that you are not suppose to touch CCC or ATT after installing SKD driver and to really know the difference. please download pass mark 7 beta click here

Run DX10 test before installing the driver and run after installing the driver. and please tell me the results :)

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
This didn't work for me, I replaced the INF file in the driver folder and all my games did was crash on dx10 lol... had to uninstall and reinstall, way too tedious for me >.<

replacing is not enough. you have to install it lol.. sorry was just kidding :)

Ok try this... uninstall your current driver and install STANDARD VGA driver and then go to safe-mod. open regedit, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\
Under video, you will find GUID's like given below.

GUID = {42cf9257-1d96-4c9d-87f3-0d8e74595f78}

please delete them. some may not get deleted. so go inside the GUID that you are not able to delete, and you will find 0000 and 0001. click on 0000 and delete all the values inside and on the right side.Don't forget to delete UMA key under 0000. then close registry and install driver from device manager and reboot. it should work fine :toast:

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
Every other game runs fine. It's just the piss poor optimized Crysis. And you your tweak would bring 34% increase.. I did not see that at all. It shouldn't matter what I use, you said 34% increase and there was no increase.

I am trying to help..

people find hard to install ATI company drivers at times

and there are people who are happy with the driver and they say there is a performance boost of 5FPS to 10FPS even on crysis & on some games the boost is up to 40%. i want to help you too, but if you are not getting it.. then it should be a problem in the way u installed it or els a problem with your OS or too low on resource or can be any other reason.

i tweak drivers to improve my cards performance. i thought of sharing it with other people, so that they too can enjoy the performance boost. even if it is 3FPS, normally you have to wait for 2 or 3 releases of ATI cat right. so just consider this as 9.2.1 :)

Sorry that my driver was of no use to you :( and for wasting your time......

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
I am trying to help..

people find hard to install ATI company drivers at times

and there are people who are happy with the driver and they say there is a performance boost of 5FPS to 10FPS even on crysis & on some games the boost is up to 40%. i want to help you too, but if you are not getting it.. then it should be a problem in the way u installed it or els a problem with your OS or too low on resource or can be any other reason.

i tweak drivers to improve my cards performance. i thought of sharing it with other people, so that they too can enjoy the performance boost. even if it is 3FPS, normally you have to wait for 2 or 3 releases of ATI cat right. so just consider this as 9.2.1 :)

Sorry that my driver was of no use to you :( and for wasting your time......

Default driver

SKD Driver

Last edited:
System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
Tired of asking people for a tool for ATI cards instead of CCC.....

Finally i am working on one and want input from users....

please give input on the page given below

ATI tool page.... click here

Apocolypse007

System Name six pack
Processor Phenom II X6 1090T BE
Motherboard ASRock 890FX Deluxe3
Cooling Cool-it ECO ALC Water cooler
Memory 4GB G-Skill Flares CL7
Video Card(s) 1GB HIS HD4890 930core / 1025mem 4100mhz effective
Storage 320Gb Seagate Barracuda (w/perpendiular recording) and 750GB Western Digital Caviar Black
Display(s) Acer B273HU 2048 x 1152 native resolution
Case Xoxide X-Sentric Professional Series w/250mm Fan
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 2 Value
Power Supply 750 Watt Apevia Warlock
Software Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit (w/dreamscene patch)/Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06:10,516 3Dmark Vantage: P8537
Does that tool have an overclocking utility similar to overdrive? Looks nice. keep up the good work

BradleyKZN

Processor AMD Athlon II X4 635
Motherboard Asus M4N78-SE
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-800
Video Card(s) XFX 7900GS
Storage Samsung 5000GB 7200RPM 16MB cache
Display(s) Samsung 22'' T220
Case Coolermaster 590
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek audio
Power Supply OCZ fatal1ty 550w
Silly question time, can you mod an INF file for Windows XP x32? Im keen to see some performance increases as well

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
Silly question time, can you mod an INF file for Windows XP x32? Im keen to see some performance increases as well

i think its only DX10 games, however with some DX10 hacks and some hax drivers, maybe hax³ ?

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
So, what additional information/programs have surfaced since this thread's creation?

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft