• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Monitor works but.......................

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
I have a Veiwsonic 20" VX2025wm. It's only 2 months old. Great monitor up until this morning.:shadedshu Pushed the power button and waited, and then heard the windows start-up music piping into the headphones. Only there was NO PICTURE, NO DESKTOP, NOTHING!! WTF?:eek: thought my shiny new 8800GTS was going south. Switched to other DVI port and got a picture. Played FEAR for about an hour. Had to leave, came back and upon re-starting the PC the same problem occured.:wtf: Started the RMA process with EVGA. Then i got to thinking. Tried my remaining 7900gt in the 8800's place and still NO PICTURE!!:twitch: Tried the anolog ports and I got picture again. Put the 8800 back in and it works fine, hooked up to the monitors VGA port(Cancelled RMA by the way). I think the DVI ports went bad. Should I send this monitor back to Veiwsonic,:mad: or just take it to an electronics shop, OR do I just let it go and stick with the anolog set-up(VGA) Or can I fix it without taking somewhere? Any help will be appreciated, thanks ......pentastar111:)

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Go for an RMA, it sounds like it's broken, unless you have changed any of the DVI settings. Try reinstalling the drivers and if you have another DVI monitor give that a go.

D

Deleted member 24505

coz its a 20"er and its only 2mths old,i would rma it.you cant use the analog with that nice monitor and nice card.rma it.

ktr

to quicky say that your lcd is bad, just grab another lcd and test is...

ATIonion

I have a Veiwsonic 20" VX2025wm. It's only 2 months old. Great monitor up until this morning.:shadedshu Pushed the power button and waited, and then heard the windows start-up music piping into the headphones. Only there was NO PICTURE, NO DESKTOP, NOTHING!! WTF?:eek: thought my shiny new 8800GTS was going south. Switched to other DVI port and got a picture. Played FEAR for about an hour. Had to leave, came back and upon re-starting the PC the same problem occured.:wtf: Started the RMA process with EVGA. Then i got to thinking. Tried my remaining 7900gt in the 8800's place and still NO PICTURE!!:twitch: Tried the anolog ports and I got picture again(Cancelled RMA by the way). I think the DVI ports went bad. Should I send this monitor back to Veiwsonic,:mad: or just take it to an electronics shop, OR do I just let it go and stick with the anolog set-up(VGA) Or can I fix it without taking somewhere? Any help will be appreciated, thanks ......pentastar111:)

ALWAYS return what is still covered under warranty....if you can RMA that monitor then do that...get a new one that works..that is what you paid for...

so the analog works but the dvi does not? i'll say this and many will disagree, but can you see any picture difference between the two...i doubt it...most people cant see a difference even when using RGB component from analog....i'm just wondering if you notice a difference...

OH make sure its not your DVI cable..

For the Viewsonic 20.1 that I have there is a major difference between the DVI and Analog one.
It is much blurrier with the Analog, esp. in games.

Also, try this quick fix that I have heard with Viewsonic.
Take the power cord out.
Make sure there is no power going to the monitor and then hold the power button in for ten seconds.
Then plug it back in a try it.

Also, did you hear a pop or something?

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Case Lian Li A77B
Software win 7 64
ALWAYS return what is still covered under warranty....if you can RMA that monitor then do that...get a new one that works..that is what you paid for...

so the analog works but the dvi does not? i'll say this and many will disagree, but can you see any picture difference between the two...i doubt it...most people cant see a difference even when using RGB component from analog....i'm just wondering if you notice a difference...

OH make sure its not your DVI cable..
Yes I did that:toast: , as a matter of fact I'm using the DVI cable on this little Gateway of mine. Used the DVI and the Gateway monitor on the other rig and that set-up works fine, so now I know that the 8800's DVI ports are not suspect.lol. The Gateway monitor works on both machines with DVI. the Veiwsonic works on both machines with the anolog only.:shadedshu Well now to contact Viewsonic sigh........ Hey thanks you guys rock! :rockout:

Hey Pent,
Just as a side note since I had to do that same thing with the same monitor (since when I got it it didnt work at all).
I went through RMAing it twice.
There seems to be a small glitch, which I believed they worked out with this monitor.
When you get your monitor back please note the following.
If it doesnt get any video feed try the method I posted above.
For some reason that seems to work since it resets the monitor completely.

Just an FYI, so you dont keep RMAing it like I did.

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Case Lian Li A77B
Software win 7 64
For the Viewsonic 20.1 that I have there is a major difference between the DVI and Analog one.
It is much blurrier with the Analog, esp. in games.

Also, try this quick fix that I have heard with Viewsonic.
Take the power cord out.
Make sure there is no power going to the monitor and then hold the power button in for ten seconds.
Then plug it back in a try it.

Also, did you hear a pop or something?
Just tried it, no go. i was hoping for the "pop". lol

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Case Lian Li A77B
Software win 7 64
Lol I mean when you get it back and if you get a no video input message then try this.
lol gotcha. just called viewsonic, got RMA process started. Luckily they are located just one city over(woohoo!!) Drop it off on monday get it back.... well that i don't know :):twitch: