• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX 6870 Black Edition Bios HD-687A-ZNBC

QuadDragonE

Hi guys, Ive search high and low for the 6870 BE bios, but I couldnt find any online. I know there are two version of 6870BE, the bios I am looking for is the newer single fan 6870 BE (Part number - HD-687A-ZNBC)
Would be great if any one could provide a dump of the rom :)

PS - the 6870 BE edition on techpowerup is parts number HD-687A-ZDBC (older dual fan edition), not capable with the newer 6870 single fan card.

Hi guys, Ive search high and low for the 6870 BE bios, but I couldnt find any online. I know there are two version of 6870BE, the bios I am looking for is the newer single fan 6870 BE (Part number - HD-687A-ZNBC)
Would be great if any one could provide a dump of the rom :)

PS - the 6870 BE edition on techpowerup is parts number HD-687A-ZDBC (older dual fan edition), not capable with the newer 6870 single fan card.

Shoot me the instructions. I currently have this card installed.

By the way, the single fan is older and based of the referrence design. I ordered the black edition in November of 2010...

QuadDragonE

Oh, i didnt no the single fan is the older card...i recently purchased the reference 6870 card and i noticed the memory isnt the usual 'HYNIX/SAMSUNG', but 'Epida' so i assumed it was 'newer'

Anyway, to dump the rom, download atiflash and prepare a USB stick to boot, you might need to type the command 'atiflash -unlockrom 0' to unlock the rom so u can backup from it, then the command 'atiflash -s backup.rom'

the last command will back up the current bios and saves it to the usb.

If you are unsure, this youtube video is a great help!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFR7OTYu4zQ

follow up to 3mins 13sec, then type the above command rather than the videos command to backup the bios.
If you have trouble locating any files, ie, the USBboot program, atiflash, give me a shout, i will post some links or email them directly to ur account.

I'm fresh out of unused flash drives. I will free one up, and get back to you with the bios either late tonight or early tomorrow (EST).

Excellent! I am in no rush, but yeah, a dump of ur bios would be great :D

Woohoo... That was a trip.

After about twenty tries I finally got the ROM file. Your instructions were....incomplete....

At any rate, here's the BIOS.

Attachments

• XFX HD 6870 BE bios.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 548

QuadDragonE

Thanks for the rom file!

I know my instructions were simple, but which part did I forget to mention? Do let me know so I can improve on it next time :p

Nevertheless, thanks for the file, I will let you know how I get on with it :)

PS - The rom isnt capable with my card, it uses HYNIX/SAMSUNG memory rather than ELPDA memory...I maybe have to wait til they released an unlocked 6800 series BIOS :(

Last edited:

QuadDragonE

IF anyone has a HD6870 Black Edition card which uses ELPDA memory, (maybe recently purchased), a dump of your BIOS would be highly appreciated :) (So i can get faster clocks)

Last edited:
Oh, i didnt no the single fan is the older card...i recently purchased the reference 6870 card and i noticed the memory isnt the usual 'HYNIX/SAMSUNG', but 'Epida' so i assumed it was 'newer'

Anyway, to dump the rom, download atiflash and prepare a USB stick to boot, you might need to type the command 'atiflash -unlockrom 0', assuming that you have one card , to unlock the rom so u can backup from it. Once unlocked, you then type the command 'atiflash -s 0 backup.rom' to save the ROM to the usb drive.

the last command will back up the current bios and saves it to the usb.

If you are unsure, this youtube video is a great help!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFR7OTYu4zQ

follow up to 3mins 13sec, then type the above command rather than the videos command to backup the bios.
If you have trouble locating any files, ie, the USBboot program, atiflash, give me a shout, i will post some links or email them directly to ur account.

Edited.

That sucks about the RAM. If I may ask, why can't you dump your own BIOS?

QuadDragonE

I have dumped my own BIOS, and altered the clock and mem speed via AtiRBE, but everytime I boot into windows, I get BSOD. I tired flashing your BIOS and it rendered the card useless, no signal output on monitor. I think they have placed some sort of restrictions so the driver only works with unaltered xfx BIOS, hence i was asking for a dump of the black edition bios which has been pre-modified by XFX and carries their own protection.