• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Comodo amd Chrom report it as malicious software , may be due to the nature of the exe , still I stay with manual mode :)

Pihto, I tried on a different Windows 10 machine and the Registry entry gets applied correctly there. Just not on mine. I don't understand that.

Actually it doesn'treally matter, because after patching and then installing the driver, the registry entry gets deleted anyways. After the subsequent reboot I had to always apply it again anyway and then reboot again.
I saved me a little reg file to apply it. For some reason my machine does not take this step from the patcher. The patcher always patches the dll just fine though.

Edit: I literally spent the afternoon to find out why the patcher cannot apply the registry fix anymore. I get no error message, patcher states that the fix was applied successfully.
I googled tons of stuff and tried different things, including permissions for the registry key, but nothing can make it work
I compared everything I could find with the other machine where it works, but I cannot find any differences. This really has me stumped now, what on earth could be wrong with my PC.
I know I can set it manually, I just want to understand what's going on.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

can someone of you do a step-to-step instruction, how I unlock Realtek with a standard Windows 10 64Bit System?
Works the file of Pihto fine?
After that i can play Games with 5.1 Sound or just Movies in 5.1 ?
I did the instruction on page 1 a year ago and it worked fine. But now i updated to Windows 10 -.-

Greetings pipsn

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Pihto, I tried on a different Windows 10 machine and the Registry entry gets applied correctly there. Just not on mine. I don't understand that.

Actually it doesn'treally matter, because after patching and then installing the driver, the registry entry gets deleted anyways. After the subsequent reboot I had to always apply it again anyway and then reboot again.
I saved me a little reg file to apply it. For some reason my machine does not take this step from the patcher. The patcher always patches the dll just fine though.

Edit: I literally spent the afternoon to find out why the patcher cannot apply the registry fix anymore. I get no error message, patcher states that the fix was applied successfully.
I googled tons of stuff and tried different things, including permissions for the registry key, but nothing can make it work
I compared everything I could find with the other machine where it works, but I cannot find any differences. This really has me stumped now, what on earth could be wrong with my PC.
I know I can set it manually, I just want to understand what's going on.
Just curious, are you able to right click on the patch and run it in administrator mode? Does that make any difference for you? (I haven't attempted the patch yet myself.)

Yes, I tried the whole works. Perhaps it makes a difference that my machine is 64 bit and the other is 32 bit.

I do this steps: Download the patch of Pihto and the latest Realtek Driver 6.0.1.7708 -> extract the Driver -> execute the patch -> patch the RltkAPO.dll and the RltkAPO64.dll of the extracted Driver-> install the Driver
Now i can switch the Dolby Home Theater in the Realtek HD Audio-Manager at Digital Output on and i can choose Dolby Digital Live in the Windows Sound menu.
But in games like Battlefield 4 i got no sound now, if i switch Dolby on -.-
Can someone help me?

Just curious, are you able to right click on the patch and run it in administrator mode? Does that make any difference for you? (I haven't attempted the patch yet myself.)
Another thing I've noticed if I run the application troubleshooter, it says that the app is incompatible. Must be a 64 bit problem maybe.

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Hi guys!

I installed modded realtek drivers in the guide video on youtube: X-FI REALTEK MOD- BEST SURROUND SOUND EVER!
My problem is that i only get DTS over optical cable when i play test sounds under:
Properties of realtek digital output / Supported formats / Test Sound
My logitech speaker display shown DTS is active then (under the sound test) but when I go under DTS tab all exept DTS symmetry is grayed out.
When i use analog audio output i cant get DTS either
Can anyone help?

Last edited:
System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Hi guys!

I installed modded realtek drivers in the guide video on youtube: X-FI REALTEK MOD- BEST SURROUND SOUND EVER!
My problem is that i only get DTS over optical cable when i play test sounds under:
Properties of realtek digital output / Supported formats / Test Sound
My logitech speaker display shown DTS is active then (under the sound test) but when I go under DTS tab all exept DTS symmetry is grayed out.
When i use analog audio output i cant get DTS either
Can anyone help?

I got DTS working on Windows 10 Pro x64 with this guide:
Downloaded offical driver and followed the guide - had to replace the sys file in safe mode since in normal mode is was locked

Gnashes

This is likely going to sound a little silly,

I've put off updating Windows 7 since doing this fix about 6 months ago. If I allow Windows 7 to auto-update, will it affect that audio drivers at all and potentially cause me to have to re-perform the procedures in order to get back Realtek's options?

Possibly, perhaps not. If it's just a Windows 7 update, it won't overwrite the driver with an older version. If you update to Windows 10, there is no telling what it's gonna do.

perosmc

Hi friends!
Try to apply this patch to newest drivers. I made patch a long time ago, but it must to work properly till now.

that patch worked perfectly with 7711 drivers under windows 10 x64, great (alc1150) asus supremefx

TechMSIPower

Hello at all.
If anyone could help me I'll be very pleased ;)

I have bought a MSI GE62 2QF laptop (Windows 8.1 Pro x64), and as the official information it has a 4.1 sound system (4 front speakers + 1 subwoofer), but I couldn't make work properly yet.
I can't open (never) the Realtek HD Audio Manager. Every time I try to do that, from the installation directory (......64.exe) it dosesn't open.
I had already tried the software they recommend (Nahimic and Sound Blaster Cinema 2), but no one recognized the 4.1 speakers, and the sound just plays equal by every speaker. Included by subwoofer.
I also, tried to install several diferents drivers versions of realtek, but nothing happens.

If you need information about the laptop:
- http://es.msi.com/product/notebook/GE62-2QF-Apache-Pro.html#hero-overview
- Realtek ALC892 (onboard)

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Is the Pihto file a virus?? Norton is telling me its a trojan??

It's probably just flagging it as such since it is a random .exe file. However, I wouldn't ever condone running random .exe files either.

Please to post a R2.79 Unlocked version dll for windows 7, I'm not finding it anywhere.
And one more question.
The digital dolby dts and operate using the P2 cable?

Irenicus

This is likely going to sound a little silly,

I've put off updating Windows 7 since doing this fix about 6 months ago. If I allow Windows 7 to auto-update, will it affect that audio drivers at all and potentially cause me to have to re-perform the procedures in order to get back Realtek's options?
One should never leave auto-updates on in windows (any version). Especially if you're a gamer, but in any case it's just not a good idea to leave Windows Update and BITS on. Turn both those services off! Past SP1 there's nothing you really need to update and drivers should always be updated manually.

Is the Pihto file a virus?? Norton is telling me its a trojan??
Cracks/Modified exe files and drivers are often detected as false positives with AV software.
Having said that I have to say this:
Norton is a pile of poop. Remove that crap ASAP. No savvy technophile would ever use that bloatware. I don't even run ANY anti-virus software on my PC because frankly it's not needed. Although I am VERY picky and careful about what I download and know what to avoid. But if you want decent AV software, pretty much anything BUT norton is good. Kaspersky is probably the one I'd go with

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the newest R2.79 v.7541 with replacing the RltkAPO64.dll with the R2.75 A1 unlock file before install the R2.79 driver.
Now i got the options to switch Dolby Digital on, but when i switch it on, there is no Sound anymore until i restart the computer.
Looking for the R2.79 unlock file too :D