• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

tygrysex

Yes!!! its working!!! I miss that part with windows safe mode and editing install file... Thank You so much!!!

The only thing thats Im worried about is the 3dmark11 score on performence...
Single card: 11500
SLI: 14500

I think it should be more then that?

System Name Te Juggernaut
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Watercooling Loop
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) 3X GTX 660 Ti`s
Power Supply Cooler master Silent Pro 1000 w
Mouse Razer Deathader
Yes!!! its working!!! I miss that part with windows safe mode and editing install file... Thank You so much!!!

The only thing thats Im worried about is the 3dmark11 score on performence...
Single card: 11500
SLI: 14500

I think it should be more then that?
I have seen that 3dmark is not full opmitimized for SLI instead you buy advanced version.

Techniks

Last edited:
Mouse Razer Deathader
Just wanted to say after following this forum, I successfully got it working with my GTX 760 4GB and my GTX 670 2GB with no issues so far!
Before with just the 760: http://imgur.com/RySx09M
After with both cards: http://imgur.com/9V2eyOG
Thanks guys!

Also I noticed that I forgot this at the end but it's working fine without it XD: http://imgur.com/SOTDyAP

Update: SLI bridge helps... http://imgur.com/iw4xYEQ
Yeah! Congratulations for getting that cards working togheter...regarding to the SLI bridge i strongely recommend that you use it. The SLI works without it yes, but i have been doing some test and some games suffer with fps drops and unstability if SLI bridge is not connected. Cheers...:toast:

NEOMAX

Hi guys,

Very good work on this, congrats!

I got a motherboard SLI and Crossfire compatible, with 2 x16 lanes and 2 x4 lanes.
I already got a 2 WAY SLI GTX 970 on x16 lane each, and i trying to 3 WAY SLI a third GTX 970 but on x4 lane.
I think the situation is very similar to the video tutorial on page 69.
And i can 3 WAY SLI then!, NVIDIA Control Panel shows that!, COOL!

But
I got a problem, when i open a game that uses all available GPUS crashes....

Somebody notices that situation ?

Thank you

Mouse Razer Deathader
Hi guys,

Very good work on this, congrats!

I got a motherboard SLI and Crossfire compatible, with 2 x16 lanes and 2 x4 lanes.
I already got a 2 WAY SLI GTX 970 on x16 lane each, and i trying to 3 WAY SLI a third GTX 970 but on x4 lane.
I think the situation is very similar to the video tutorial on page 69.
And i can 3 WAY SLI then!, NVIDIA Control Panel shows that!, COOL!

But
I got a problem, when i open a game that uses all available GPUS crashes....

Somebody notices that situation ?

Thank you
Is your PSU strong enough to handle 3 970's? I rougly estimate a 850 w power supply to get good performance. If you have a good power supply then try to run games without SLI bridge. Maybe the bridge is damaged.

NEOMAX

Is your PSU strong enough to handle 3 970's? I rougly estimate a 850 w power supply to get good performance. If you have a good power supply then try to run games without SLI bridge. Maybe the bridge is damaged.
Hi,
I got a 900W PSU and i already tried run with bridge and without bridge.

My bet is, i got problems when tried to SLI x16 lane with x4 lane (lanes limitation ...)

Any one notices that ?

Thank you for your answer,

Hi,

My bet is, i got problems when tried to SLI x16 lane with x4 lane (lanes limitation ...)

Any one notices that ?

Hi,

Any one notices that ?

By the way, is possible to SLI with X4 pcie lane ?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Mouse Razer Deathader
Hi,

Any one notices that ?

By the way, is possible to SLI with X4 pcie lane ?

Thank you
Is not oficially but Different SLI auto makes it possible.

System Name Kurise PC
Processor i7 5820k 4,7ghz / Ryzen 1700x 4ghz / 8700k
Motherboard Asus X99 deluxe / MSI x370 gaming pro carbon / z370i strix
Cooling EK evo, xspc slim 360 rad, D5 pump, dual alpha cool GPU mono block, dual xspc 240 radiator, DDC 18w
Memory Crucial sport white 16gb x 8 128gb 2666mhz/ Crucial sport white 16gb x 4 64gb 2933 / ddr4 chinese 32
Video Card(s) GTX 1080Ti SLI / HP gtx 1080 SLI 1850/1520 / 2080ti ref
Storage Lite on 512GB x 3 / Plextor m2 256gb / samsung 970 evo
Display(s) AOC I2769Vm, AOC U3477PQU, AOC I2769Vm / Koios 40''/ eizo EV2730QFX 1:1
Case Xigmatek Elysium / Corsair 750D / Bitfenix prodigy M
Audio Device(s) creative blaster ZX / Blaster ZXR / Blaster x7 lmt + burson v5i upgraded
Power Supply Be Quiet 1200 / Thermaltake toughpower 1200w / chinese 750w sfx PSU
Mouse Asus Echelon/ steelseries black ops II/ james donkey
Keyboard Cm storm quickfire pro / Fire rose steampunk kb/ corsair k70
Software Windows 10
I'm a bit new to the thread.......can i have 2 750Ti SLI ?? We would get FPS boost in SLI scale games ?

Mouse Razer Deathader
Yes that's the idea
I dunno...maybe its time to move on to single gpu. The best you can afford. SLI performance SUCK in new AAA games.:banghead:

NEOMAX

I dunno...maybe its time to move on to single gpu. The best you can afford. SLI performance SUCK in new AAA games.:banghead:
That's very sad, because technological its a step backwards ...
Maybe the problem is not only the SLI, some games are very special, like The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (the one that runs a special Physx, CPU only ... ) lol

Mouse Razer Deathader
That's very sad, because technological its a step backwards ...
Maybe the problem is not only the SLI, some games are very special, like The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (the one that runs a special Physx, CPU only ... ) lol
That really sucks man im not really fan of this game but... physx on cpu really? But Nvidia always has sell this technology as a exclusive feature from them and from experience i have seen that physics from CPU run horrible...im seriously considering to get gtx 1070 and move on from SLI im starting to think that this is a diying tech.:cry:

NEOMAX

That really sucks man im not really fan of this game but... physx on cpu really? But Nvidia always has sell this technology as a exclusive feature from them and from experience i have seen that physics from CPU run horrible...im seriously considering to get gtx 1070 and move on from SLI im starting to think that this is a diying tech.:cry:
Yeap physx on CPU:
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-tweaking-guide#the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-physx
Yes it's horrible, unless you get a top of the line Intel Core i7 ... Because is CPU bound on Physx.
About get a GTX 1070, sounds very good, but i dont think SLI is a dying tech, you got titles like Doom 2016 (scales very well!), even BF4 now is stable!, MKX (it's not bad now), Titan Fall is you Like, Dragon Age Inquisition (very good), Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (very good). These titles is commited very serious on SLI. Dont give up yet=)

Mouse Razer Deathader
Yeap physx on CPU:
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-tweaking-guide#the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-physx
Yes it's horrible, unless you get a top of the line Intel Core i7 ... Because is CPU bound on Physx.
About get a GTX 1070, sounds very good, but i dont think SLI is a dying tech, you got titles like Doom 2016 (scales very well!), even BF4 now is stable!, MKX (it's not bad now), Titan Fall is you Like, Dragon Age Inquisition (very good), Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (very good). These titles is commited very serious on SLI. Dont give up yet=)
Yeah but how many months or even years we have needed to wait to give that titles a decent SLI profile? DOOM doesnt even support SLI they only forced AFR a scaling is bad, battlefield 4 is stable after years, rise of the tomb raider, all windows 10 store games, etc. So im really tired of NVIDIA inspector and tweeking profiles there is only one franchise that scales perfectly im talking about SNIPER ELITE titles really beautiful:respect:98-100% SLI scaling. I was really a SLI lover but im starting to hate it...anyway just my point of view.

NEOMAX

Yeah but how many months or even years we have needed to wait to give that titles a decent SLI profile? DOOM doesnt even support SLI they only forced AFR a scaling is bad, battlefield 4 is stable after years, rise of the tomb raider, all windows 10 store games, etc. So im really tired of NVIDIA inspector and tweeking profiles there is only one franchise that scales perfectly im talking about SNIPER ELITE titles really beautiful:respect:98-100% SLI scaling. I was really a SLI lover but im starting to hate it...anyway just my point of view.
Yes maybe you're right, NVIDIA seens to let go SLI tech on serie 9 max 3 WAY, serie 10 just 2 WAY max.

Mouse Razer Deathader
Yes maybe you're right, NVIDIA seens to let go SLI tech on serie 9 max 3 WAY, serie 10 just 2 WAY max.
Yeah they said thats because new games are changing and difficult paralelism in rendering process. I think thats bullshit and they have decided to support powerful graphics cards instead of mid range SLI capable cards to get more money.

NEOMAX

You're absolutely right,

So you must get the 1080, because the 1070 it's a MID range of serie 10 (but very top in SLI). Same old problem ...

Mouse Razer Deathader
You're absolutely right,

So you must get the 1080, because the 1070 it's a MID range of serie 10 (but very top in SLI). Same old problem ...
I think 1070 will be TOP for 1440p and 1080p and gtx 1080 will be the choice on 4k gaming.

No go on 368.69-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql... Any resolve?
Could not find patch #3... Seems 365.19 is the newest working for 1.4 atm...

Last edited:

fangkr21

Can someone tell me how to make it work in WIN10. t
(1) it work in win7(hyperSLI+differentSLIauto) . when I upgraded the system to win10. the SLI no work. SO I have to return to WIN7 now
(2) Is it necessary of hyperSLI+differentSLIauto? I have t try the single APP of the differentSLIauto in WIN7/WIN10
(3) is there a direction in this page of SLI APP for win10?
forgive my poor english,please.
Can someone help me,please.

Mouse Razer Deathader
Can someone tell me how to make it work in WIN10. t
(1) it work in win7(hyperSLI+differentSLIauto) . when I upgraded the system to win10. the SLI no work. SO I have to return to WIN7 now
(2) Is it necessary of hyperSLI+differentSLIauto? I have t try the single APP of the differentSLIauto in WIN7/WIN10
(3) is there a direction in this page of SLI APP for win10?
forgive my poor english,please.
Can someone help me,please.
End of page 69 hope that help...

Mirko.ika

Hi, i was following this theme long time ago, but now i need some help.
I hawe GTX 570 1.25Gb and GTX 560 windforce revision 2 , 1 Gb, graphic cards.
I have put once GTX 560 on the top of the PCI slots and everything worked just fine, than i tryed to switch it so GTX 570 be my primary card, but when i try to patch it different SLI auto 1.5 crashes only, i hawe tryed to switch cards back, reinstal my OS, but it keeps crashing, what can i do to fix this?
Im using windows 7 ultimate OS.
Sry for my bad english.