• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
DLP??
I said "dpl" dolby pro logic! :laugh:

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
DLP??
I said "dpl" dolby pro logic! :laugh:
aaa DLP:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

so you select on your PC Dolby Digital live to be your default output format ..right ?

therefore your Receiver will always show DOLBY DIGITAL as ID no matter if DHT is enabled or not ..but thats common knowledge :laugh::laugh::laugh::clap::peace:

Now when you enable DHT in your DOLBY tab part of DLP all sources will be played 5.1 no matter the input format except true DOLBY and DTS as they have priority and will be automatically pass-through..but you know that o_O common knowledge and again your will see DOLBY DIGITAL on your receiver display.

Disable DHT and play music from youtube chrome (without flags and enabled override bla bla ) you will have stereo 2ch but again you will see DOLBY DIGITAL as this is your default output stream :roll:

Why your Receiver shows this information is how your receiver identifies the steam the same as on my Z5500 when DDL is active it shows Dolby Digital , when DTS Interactive is active it shows DTS Surround .

Now when DDL is active and sends 2ch encoded audio some receivers automatically set an effect which you describe as FAKE 5.1 , but if DHT is enabled within DPL then it gets 5.1 encoded audio it doesn't do anything however it will show you DOLBY DIGITAL as this is how it identifies streams its your receiver for fuck sake ! :banghead:

Jdbye

I'm using ALC892, and I haven't been able to get the latest few drivers to work (Realtek_HDA_6.0.1.8272_DTS_DDL_experimental, realtek_hda_8273_dolby(www.station-drivers.com), realtek_hda_8279_DTSi_DDL_experimental)
I had the unlocked drivers that were posted originally working perfectly but once I upgraded to the creators update (not the fall one) I lost the Dolby Home Theater.
I don't really care about DDL/DTS Connect. What I'm most interested in is Dolby Home Theater, because it makes my 7.1 headset sound way better.
The issue I'm having with the drivers I tried is that I can't get any sound at all. Sound test in the Realtek settings and the Windows settings fail (the Windows one shows an error message and the Realtek one appears to do nothing at all as the button doesn't change from a play button to a stop button), however I do get some semblance of audio as Windows makes some muffled sounds when I hover over/click certain things.
All the options appear unlocked. I just can't get any audio.
Does anyone know which driver might work for me so I don't have to look through the entire 103 page thread and try every driver until I find one that works? I'd prefer to have the most recent one that will work for me, but right now I just want it to work.

For the record I use a 7.1 headset with analog connections (front, side, center/sub and rear)
I added the registry edit, I use test mode and signed the driver myself (RTKVHD64.sys) in case it wasn't already testsigned (I had to do that with the original modded driver)
I verified that the driver is loaded correctly (it appears as working in device manager and the correct testsigned file is loaded)

Last edited by a moderator:
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
"For the record I use a 7.1 headset with analog connections (front, side, center/sub and rear)" I wonder what are this headphones who have 7.1 analogue connectors ? I have Zalman ZM-RS6F who have 5.1 analogue connectors but what do you have ?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I'm using ALC892, and I haven't been able to get the latest few drivers to work (Realtek_HDA_6.0.1.8272_DTS_DDL_experimental, realtek_hda_8273_dolby(www.station-drivers.com), realtek_hda_8279_DTSi_DDL_experimental)
I had the unlocked drivers that were posted originally working perfectly but once I upgraded to the creators update (not the fall one) I lost the Dolby Home Theater.
I don't really care about DDL/DTS Connect. What I'm most interested in is Dolby Home Theater, because it makes my 7.1 headset sound way better.
The issue I'm having with the drivers I tried is that I can't get any sound at all. Sound test in the Realtek settings and the Windows settings fail (the Windows one shows an error message and the Realtek one appears to do nothing at all as the button doesn't change from a play button to a stop button), however I do get some semblance of audio as Windows makes some muffled sounds when I hover over/click certain things.
All the options appear unlocked. I just can't get any audio.
Does anyone know which driver might work for me so I don't have to look through the entire 103 page thread and try every driver until I find one that works? I'd prefer to have the most recent one that will work for me, but right now I just want it to work.

For the record I use a 7.1 headset with analog connections (front, side, center/sub and rear)
I added the registry edit, I use test mode and signed the driver myself (RTKVHD64.sys) in case it wasn't already testsigned (I had to do that with the original modded driver)
I verified that the driver is loaded correctly (it appears as working in device manager and the correct testsigned file is loaded)

you could try this one , they are more Dolby orientated not modified but include some dolby extras I just stumble upon this one :

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8279 WHQL (x32 / x64) Dolby:

DriverVer = 10/24/2017, 6.0.1.8279
WHQL certification from MS Lab and signed from October 26, 2017

Including ADCTL, DAX2 and DAX3

http://www.mediafire.com/download_r...7j&qkey=rhw2k76wbn4wecw&ip=37.186.35.66&ref=2

Could we get some .inf files for these? I always have better luck installing alternative drivers with this method.

Every time I try to install the drivers it just says "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date." I have disabled automatic driver installation and I get the same results on 2x "High Definition Audio Device"s as well as the 2x "High Definition Audio Controller"s listed under system devices.

They're hardware IDs are: "VEN_10DE&DEV_0060&SUBSYS_196E1380&REV_1001", "VEN_111D&DEV_76F3&SUBSYS_103C2AF7&REV_1002", "VEN_10DE&DEV_0FBC&SUBSYS_1380196E&REV_A1", and "VEN_8086&DEV_8C20&SUBSYS_2AF7103C&REV_05" and this is an HP motherboard with IDT Audio / HP Beats (Realtek I think?).

Where are the default HD audio drivers located in the Windows directory? I might be able to prevent this by deleting/moving or renaming them.

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Could we get some .inf files for these? I always have better luck installing alternative drivers with this method.

Every time I try to install the drivers it just says "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date." I have disabled automatic driver installation and I get the same results on 2x "High Definition Audio Device"s as well as the 2x "High Definition Audio Controller"s listed under system devices.

They're hardware IDs are: "VEN_10DE&DEV_0060&SUBSYS_196E1380&REV_1001", "VEN_111D&DEV_76F3&SUBSYS_103C2AF7&REV_1002", "VEN_10DE&DEV_0FBC&SUBSYS_1380196E&REV_A1", and "VEN_8086&DEV_8C20&SUBSYS_2AF7103C&REV_05" and this is an HP motherboard with IDT Audio / HP Beats (Realtek I think?).

Where are the default HD audio drivers located in the Windows directory? I might be able to prevent this by deleting/moving or renaming them.

Why do you have 2 HD audio devices and 2 Audio controllers ?
Normally you should have only one "Realtek High Definition Audio" under system/device manager if you have more then this there is something very wrong with your system or windows possible residue of fail installation crap modifications and other BS , the fact that windows refuse to install anything else also indicates some crazy shit .
I assume this is a laptop ?

matteuk

Dear dvojinov, I cant get your the latest drivers linked on your website to unlock ddl and dts realtek_hda_8279_DTSi_DDL_experimental

the driver works but it doesn't give me the option for ddl dts and I really would like this driver to work because it comes with DTS Custom Control panel and DTS audio

thanks

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Dear dvojinov, I cant get your the latest drivers linked on your website to unlock ddl and dts realtek_hda_8279_DTSi_DDL_experimental

the driver works but it doesn't give me the option for ddl dts and I really would like this driver to work because it comes with DTS Custom Control panel and DTS audio

thanks

Then you dont follow the procedure correctly , simple as that! or your hardware doesn't support it , or you are on ASUS board then you forget DTS I altogether , your system was infested with bogus modifications from before and registry is fucked up , driver signature is not really disabled that becomes an issue after fall update , you see there are so many aspects for mod to fail but it does work if you follow the steps and have everything read from the page ..downloading and installing the drivers alone will lead to failure.
By direct communication with quite a number of users it became clear to me they didn't actually read through the procedure , and some of them didnt know how to enter DWORD in registry ...so you see !..messy as shit .

There are also so many options to explore there on the page I gave you few different driver versions , all of them tested and working otherwise they wont be uploaded. the 8279 drivers are one of the best in term of DTS I quality released till this days at least in my opinion and I may stay on this for a longer time , meaning I will not update further for some time .

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you have 2 HD audio devices and 2 Audio controllers ?
Normally you should have only one "Realtek High Definition Audio" under system/device manager if you have more then this there is something very wrong with your system or windows possible residue of fail installation crap modifications and other BS , the fact that windows refuse to install anything else also indicates some crazy shit .
I assume this is a laptop ?
I don't know it's always been like that maybe because of front Audio Jack's? Hp Pavilion 500 223w desktop.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I don't know it's always been like that maybe because of front Audio Jack's? Hp Pavilion 500 223w desktop.

Im a little bit confused by your Pavilion specs ?? Im also hp user I have the OMEN900-000nx desktop so Im familiar with hp products altogether , ( my wife has an Envy) and there are some other stuff from hp we are using however when I look at your system specs it says on board Audio Codec: IDT 92HD65C ?

https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c04119419

More so confusing is when I visit your product download page and under the AUDIO selection two different drivers are listed IDT High Definition Audio Driver (which would go by the specs) & Realtek High Definition Audio Driver :confused: so I cant find if there was a refit in the design or generation change so they started shipping with IDT on board and then changed to Realtek ..this are two different hardware components so are you sure that your version of Hp Pavilion 500 223w is equipped with Realtek Audio and if which codec it is ? like for example on my OMEN which is equipped with MUNICH-S motherboard on board Audio si Realtek 1150

If you have IDT audio on board then I dont know how Realtke drivers could work with that :wtf:

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Are there any unlocked drivers for IDT?

I really dont know I never used any product equipped with IDT in my past .
I went through Audio Codec: IDT 92HD65C chip specifications and It is able to do multi channel audio but it appears not to be equipped with DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live Encoders So without encoders Im not sure what can be enabled ? That's a whole different hardware .

If you are interested in complete architecture of the IDT 92HD65C chip here it is :
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/Tempo_92HD65C-DS-1-1.pdf

NGeo

Can anyone here post which latest version for realtek alc1150 actually works and the procedure to do it?
Anyone managed to make R2.82 version work?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Can anyone here post which latest version for realtek alc1150 actually works and the procedure to do it?
Anyone managed to make R2.82 version work?
Thanks.
yes I do !
http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/

but if you have an asus board there are slim to non chances to get DTS I in series 8 drivers ..well known ongoing issue with ASUS, read the procedure , read about ASUS ..and possibly you may be lucky .

Last edited:

NGeo

yes I do !
http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/

but if you have an asus board there are slim to non chances to get DTS I in series 8 drivers ..well known ongoing issue with ASUS, read the procedure , read about ASUS ..and possibly you may be lucky .
Do you mean the method from page 37? Does it need a modified driver to work and if yes which version?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Evrything is on the page read it no additional explanation needed. If you dont want or like , just leave it .

NGeo

Evrything is on the page read it no additional explanation needed. If you dont want or like , just leave it .
Hello again. I have installed the drivers as mentioned your site but I only get dolby digital. No DTS (which is preferable). However i have the dolby digital plus options from the window console.
Also there is no option in the realtek console menu.
Any suggestions? Should I reinstall or it wont make any difference?
My motherboard is a asus z170i pro gaming with alc1150.
Thanks in advance.

matteuk

Then you dont follow the procedure correctly , simple as that! or your hardware doesn't support it , or you are on ASUS board then you forget DTS I altogether , your system was infested with bogus modifications from before and registry is fucked up , driver signature is not really disabled that becomes an issue after fall update , you see there are so many aspects for mod to fail but it does work if you follow the steps and have everything read from the page ..downloading and installing the drivers alone will lead to failure.
By direct communication with quite a number of users it became clear to me they didn't actually read through the procedure , and some of them didnt know how to enter DWORD in registry ...so you see !..messy as shit .

There are also so many options to explore there on the page I gave you few different driver versions , all of them tested and working otherwise they wont be uploaded. the 8279 drivers are one of the best in term of DTS I quality released till this days at least in my opinion and I may stay on this for a longer time , meaning I will not update further for some time .

followed processes perfectly, older drivers such as Realtek_HDA_6.0.1.8272_DTS_DDL_experimental do unlock dts and ddl. just the latest realtek_hda_8279_DTSi_DDL_experimental does not.

i have a gigabyte z68xp-ud4 with realtek alc889

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Can you please help me find an active and useful thread like this for IDT?
sorry joe. no dice with IDT.

In December 2013, IDT sold off their PC audio products to Tempo Semicoductor Inc. and they stopped producing many audio drivers although Tempo did make very few Win10 compatible audio drivers in mid-2015 but they were for some new HP computers only.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
well joe there was this forum for Sigmatel/IDT audio devices.
(hmm, are you actually running Win8 or Win8.1?)

a few years ago I used to make my own "franken-mods" for the Sigmatel/IDT audio device on an old Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop (which was using a Sigmatel/IDT STAC9200 hd audio device) but I stopped doing them due to the limitations (and complexity) of the IDT audio devices. IDT/Sigmatel don't quite have the features that equal those found in Realtek audio hardware. plus IDT/Sigmatel chose to produce OEM-only specific drivers unlike Realtek who can make general all-purpose drivers.

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
followed processes perfectly, older drivers such as Realtek_HDA_6.0.1.8272_DTS_DDL_experimental do unlock dts and ddl. just the latest realtek_hda_8279_DTSi_DDL_experimental does not.

i have a gigabyte z68xp-ud4 with realtek alc889

stay on 72 until new version is released and I have time to get them prepared

well joe there was this forum for Sigmatel/IDT audio devices.
(hmm, are you actually running Win8 or Win8.1?)

a few years ago I used to make my own "franken-mods" for the Sigmatel/IDT audio device on an old Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop (which was using a Sigmatel/IDT STAC9200 hd audio device) but I stopped doing them due to the limitations (and complexity) of the IDT audio devices. IDT/Sigmatel don't quite have the features that equal those found in Realtek audio hardware. plus IDT/Sigmatel chose to produce OEM-only specific drivers unlike Realtek who can make general all-purpose drivers.

That forum has some interesting info, but I haven't found any drivers that work yet. I'm on Windows 8.1