• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Announces New Chief People Officer Sandra Rivera

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Intel has announced that Sandra Rivera will take on a new role as the company's chief people officer and executive vice president, reporting to CEO Bob Swan. She will lead the human resources organization and serve as steward of Intel's culture evolution as it transforms to a data-centric company. Previously, Rivera was responsible for the Network Platforms Group, and served as Intel's 5G executive sponsor.

"Sandra is a role model for an Intel that is customer obsessed, collaborative and fearless while firmly grounded in trust, transparency and inclusivity. I am thrilled that Sandra will lead this critical part of our strategy to power a data-centric world," Swan said. "In a company driven by deep, technical talent, Sandra is an excellent technical leader who builds successful businesses by first building great teams. I am confident Sandra, as chief people officer, will help us accelerate our transformation and position our Intel team to play a bigger role in our customers' success."

Rivera replaces Matt Smith, who announced his retirement after more than 20 years at the company in a variety of HR and legal leadership positions, including most recently serving as Intel's chief human resources officer.

"Our people are our greatest asset and are the fuel by which we extend our rich history and success of driving technology innovations that positively impact the world. The culture evolution work that we're driving forward is integrally tied to our business transformation. You can't have one without the other," Rivera said.

With Rivera transitioning to her new role, Intel will combine its network infrastructure organization with its programmable solutions organization under the leadership of Dan McNamara. The merging of these two business groups allows Intel to bring maximum value to our customers by delivering unprecedented and seamless access to Intel's broad portfolio of products, from Xeon, SoC, FPGA, eASIC, full custom to software, IP, systems and solutions across the cloud, enterprise, network, embedded and IoT markets.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
So someone that was doing networking and sponsoring the cancelled 5G stuff is now doing HR/people and culture transformation? Curious.

I can see how it could work; if she can talk to the tech people "in their language" and understand the HR side and bring it all together, a challenging role for sure.

Last edited:
Low quality post by Joss
Low quality post by Fouquin
Translation: hire more colour people and women.
Question: but, but... shouldn't we be hiring talent to fight AMD?
Answer: you racist, sexist, homophobic bigot!

Are you implying that being a person of color, a women, both, or otherwise is mutually exclusive to being talented, educated, and fit for a position at a company such as Intel?

Low quality post by Joss
Low quality post by stimpy88
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
Are you implying that being a person of color, a women, both, or otherwise is mutually exclusive to being talented, educated, and fit for a position at a company such as Intel?
You know full well what he is saying, but the chance for some cheap virtue signalling overrides logic, and so it's far better to call him a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot, which is exactly where you want the argument to end up.

No, you're implying it, you racist, sexist, homophobic bigot! :laugh:
You beat him to it! And yes, it makes him look that way!

This NPC needs a firmware update.

Low quality post by Fouquin
No, you're implying it, you racist, sexist, homophobic bigot!

You know full well what he is saying, but the chance for some cheap virtue signalling overrides logic, and so it's far better to call him a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot, which is exactly where you want the argument to end up.

You beat him to it! hahaha

Of all the available acceptable answers, deflecting and shifting blame were not exactly at the top of the list.

Truly amazing.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C

He's implying that hiring based on the diversity criteria is the wrong thing to do. You hire who is the better employee for the position, if that happens to result in a divers workplace, fine, if not, fine. But I am sure you knew very well what he meant just as we know that you're just virtue signaling.

Anyway, doesn't matter, a thread clean-up is inbound.

Processor AMD 1700X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Memory F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Video Card(s) GTX 1070
Storage 960 Pro
Display(s) PG279Q
Case HAF X
Power Supply Silencer MK III 850
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Needed. Users like Joss or Stimpy always visit articles like this and offer a "translation" that a woman being hired must have been to meet some social agenda not because she was actually the most qualified. A company worth about 200 billion doesn't need hiring advice; they have obviously handled that just fine.

and offer a "translation" that a woman being hired
There's nothing in my post about Sandra Rivera, it's about what she's charged with doing.
And my position is not of the translator, I'm interpreting this news as a sign that Intel is not reacting rationally to the competition AMD is bringing. And I find this as yet another sign that Intel hasn't been properly managed for some time now.

Processor 2500K @ 4.5GHz 1.28V
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600 9-9-9-24 1T
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 470
Storage Crucial m4 128GB + Seagate RAID 1 (1TB x 2)
Display(s) Dell 22" 1680x1050 nothing special
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W
Software Windows 7 64bit Pro
Needed. Users like Joss or Stimpy always visit articles like this and offer a "translation" that a woman being hired must have been to meet some social agenda not because she was actually the most qualified. A company worth about 200 billion doesn't need hiring advice; they have obviously handled that just fine.

Ha, someone coming in here white-knighting yet fails to understand the issue. I haven't seen anyone claiming Sandra was a diversity hire / promotion (whatever this move is). What they (presumably), and myself as well, are jaded by is the included bit, "Sandra is a role model for an Intel that is customer obsessed, collaborative and fearless while firmly grounded in trust, transparency and inclusivity." Why can't it just read as, "Sandra is a role model for an Intel that is customer obsessed, collaborative and fearless while firmly grounded in trust, transparency and putting the best people to work on the project." It doesn't quite have the same ring to it, nor the same virtue signaling but that's where we should all be headed; a society where you are judged by merit and ability, not the color of your skin, gender, age, etc. You know, the one MLK Jr was pushing.

What now? How in the hell did you understand that from his comment?

Low quality post by Wavetrex
Hot MILF !
I would definitely do her ;)

Anyway... grats to her for the new position.

p.s. - for any would be stalkers around, there you go:

Oh, and apparently she's been with Intel for over 18 years already, so the entire discussion above of "hiring more women" is completely pointless. She was just promoted, that is all.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Since when does head of HR lead companies "into cloud"?

Are we talking about the same cloud here?\

Women are overrepresented in HRs, 70%+, dear stranger.
She has become head of HR.
Whether or not Intel feels like harming itself by sexist and racist "positive discrimination" hiring practices, to hire people based on identity, not merit, is up to Intel.

So someone that was doing networking and sponsoring the cancelled 5G stuff is now doing HR/people and culture transformation? Curious.

I can see how it could work; if she can talk to the tech people "in their language" and understand the HR side and bring it all together, a challenging role for sure.
When did Intel officially can their 5G products?

Low quality post by stimpy88
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
You would be dangerous, and a good deal more intelligent if you could back up your white knighting BS with some actual facts. I have never, ever said a woman should not have a job, any kind of job, but I’m quite happy to say that a person should not ge given the job if she or he is not the best applicant. My company only has the best people for the job. I could not give a shit if it’s a green skinned, 3 breasted Martian female with half a leg and 3 missing fingers, or a blonde haired, blue eyed, physically perfect human. It should never be anything about that, it should only be about if that person can do the job, and possibly bring something extra to the role. If it’s more than that, then you are being racist or sexist, or have an agenda that is not in the best interests of the company, unless it’s to tick a box.

BTW, she, or any other woman is not going to sleep with you because she has been impressed by your white knighting and out and out lies about people you don’t know, or have never spoken to on an Internet forum, with the aim of nothing more than making yourself look good, and others bad.

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
When did Intel officially can their 5G products?

April? I'm sure a quick internet search will tell you. I refer to their 5G modems of course, the other things they are "in 5G" with could mostly be applied to anything (e.g. networking to base stations) so I don't really consider it 5G, it's just doing things in that market, rather than developing anything specific (or that's what it appears to be anyway).

Cooling Corsair A70
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Onboard
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
You know full well what he is saying

No, it really could've fooled me too.

No, you're implying it, you racist, sexist, homophobic bigot! :laugh:

Nice try. Now it's super transparent.

merit and ability

That'd be all well and good if all social groups were on equal footing and some not set several steps back by horrific historical practices. You know this isn't the case.

What now? How in the hell did you understand that from his comment?

I would assume by reading it and following it to it's logical conclusion, which sadly as I said above may even be true but that's exactly why we need to try to break out of these historically preset molds.

Low quality post by Fergutor
What a typical irony...

No, it really could've fooled me too.

That could be for only 2 possible reasons: 1-you are completely unaware of the recent socio-political events and "climate"; 2-you are a fool.

Nice try. Now it's super transparent.

Another thing you can't understand or ironically, you pretend you can't: when some people makes everything about race, sex, class, etc, and puts everything through that filter to understand the world (unsuccesfully, obvioulsy) and one puts a mirror in front of you...

That'd be all well and good if all social groups were on equal footing and some not set several steps back by horrific historical practices. You know this isn't the case.

As I said people who makes everything about race, sex, class...Ironically you pretend to be aware of some historical context...while completely ignoring the real recent historical context that would make you look less of a total ignorant/bigot/dishonest/fool/unjust...

I would assume by reading it and following it to it's logical conclusion, which sadly as I said above may even be true but that's exactly why we need to try to break out of these historically preset molds.

Then it is "2"? Because if you were actually following to "it's logical conclusion" then you would have started with what he quoted, and not with your emotional triggering...

Your "recent historical context" is not recent, is not active, it is in the past. You are anachronic. Nowadays, and since many decades ago in the west, people don't care about those things you care just too much: race, sex, sexual orientation, class. That's what a biggots do. That's what you do. The rest want the best for their companies. Doesn't matter the shell or the rest. But the real biggots like you, do. And if they see "too many" mongoloids (race), "too may whites", "too many men", too many straights", etc, it is wrong for you, for the simple reason you are a prejudicial biggot and not only becasue of the disapproval or disdain for the certain class, but for the denial of the individuality of each person involved: generalization. Me and the rest of people who want freedoms, capitalism, and quality of life are not like you. Now, how coherence is preserved? Simple again: by having priorities. So think: what if the priority is quality of life?

Sorry for bad english.

Low quality post by R-T-B
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
1-you are completely unaware of the recent socio-political events and "climate"; 2-you are a fool.

Nice try but what a statement means should never be affected by either of those. Your own agenda reeks through your entire post to the point it's not worth a reply.

Calling me a fool is also nonproductive and indicates an unwillingness to actually debate anything. Dare I say you are the one acting "triggered?"

The past is still very real for certain socioeconomic groups. Don't believe me, consult an almanac. Try going to college or raising a child below the poverty line.

As I am now learning, toxic threads ain't worth my time. Out.

I sure hope so. I'm genuinely amazed in this day and age the word "inclusive" has begun to trigger... certain... people.

Last edited:

It's not advice, it's criticism.
Also the company being worth 200 billion is not an argument, it's just appeal to authority.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I'm genuinely amazed in this day and age the word "inclusive" has begun to trigger... certain... people.

I can't really say anything about that but I personally never understood how inclusivity is supposed to work.

Cooling Corsair A70
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Sorry to add fuel to the flames but I don't understand why there isn't such a push for inclusivity in the trades. No one cares that there are more men mechanics, construction workers, electricians, plumbers, etc.... Is it only the "easy" jobs that are appealing? Are people moving their focus now to these desk jobs which are also seen as "easy". Technical jobs are not as easy as they appear on the outside. Math/calculus/Boolean (logics in another word) , programming, physics.... I excelled in all of those, you know what was rare.... seeing a woman in those courses. I'm not saying they weren't there, some were also decent. They did take up an unproportionate amount of the professor's attention and time. However when the push for diversity comes in the corporate world, why doesn't anyone look at the percentages represented in the STEM fields of study and "award" positions based on that and not total population?

No one cares that there are more men mechanics, construction workers, electricians, plumbers, etc....
Or miners, fishing boat sailors, forest workers etc....
Why? Because "inclusivity" has nothing to do with justice and has all to do with Ideology, namely Marxist and Frankfurt School.
"Women" here is not a group of people but an abstract concept in a grandiose theory that demands the overhaul of Society.