• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop won’t boot

Cpcraciun

I opened my laptop, cleaned and changed the thermal paste and I also air dusted my fan components. After putting everything back together, the laptop simply won’t start at all. It’s an asus rog gl753d 17.3 inch. The only thing I have noticed is a slight clicking when plugging in the AC. Please help?

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
If you pulled things apart to clean....maybe something didn't get plugged back in correctly or at all. You may have to go back to pulling things apart to verify you have everything plugged in correctly.

Last laptop I pulled apart, to access the MB and replace the fan, the ribbon cable on the keyboard had to be disconnected. When I put it all back together I didn't realize the cable was slightly misaligned. After powering the laptop on and testing it out, 1/4 of the keys didn't work or returned different keypresses.....I had to take everything apart again to access the keyboard ribbon cable and fix the issue.

Cpcraciun

If you pulled things apart to clean....maybe something didn't get plugged back in correctly or at all. You may have to go back to pulling things apart to verify you have everything plugged in correctly.

Last laptop I pulled apart, to access the MB and replace the fan, the ribbon cable on the keyboard had to be disconnected. When I put it all back together I didn't realize the cable was slightly misaligned. After powering the laptop on and testing it out, 1/4 of the keys didn't work or returned different keypresses.....I had to take everything apart again to access the keyboard ribbon cable and fix the issue.
The only thing I disconnected was the fan and I’ve checked the connection 3 times