• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Partners with Robot Cache Game Re-selling Platform

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Are you ready for a revolutionary way to buy, play, and sell games? Powered by AMD, Robot Cache is the world's first videogame marketplace to buy PC games, resell them when you're done and mine to earn free ones—and it's entering open beta with a special sale May 12 to June 12.

AMD Radeon graphics cards and Ryzen processors users will be able to get free games fast with a special advantage: a 5% perma boost until 12/31/2020! Check out the details here. As an additional bonus, you'll get a copy of TRAPPED if you sign up for a Robot Cache account during the sale between May 12 to June 12.

• PLAY: Choose from a huge selection of AAA and indie games
  • MINE: When not in use, enlist your PC and Radeon graphics card to earn IRON, credit for free games on Robot Cache
  • SELL: Sell your games when you're done with them
Built on blockchain, the Robot Cache blockchain platform helps ensure the security of the games being bought and sold in an immutable, decentralized way and allows Cachers to easily mine when they are not using their gaming rig, and in exchange earn IRON to buy free games.

Check out Robot Cache and its special sale until June 12 and start playing!

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Odyssey
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard MSI MEG X570 UNIFY
Cooling EKWB EK-MLC Phoenix 240
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 3200MHz 32GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT 8 GB
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TBx2
Display(s) LG 32GK850F-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass
Power Supply SeaSonic PRIME 650W Gold
sign me up...

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
"MINE: When not in use, enlist your PC and Radeon graphics card to earn IRON, credit for free games on Robot Cache"

Sounds like a scam, where they use your system to mine for Bitcoin etc, and reward you with "iron".

"MINE: When not in use, enlist your PC and Radeon graphics card to earn IRON, credit for free games on Robot Cache"

Sounds like a scam, where they use your system to mine for Bitcoin etc, and reward you with "iron".

I have problems with the thought that Amd would be involved in a scam business, I think it sounds quite interesting.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair X670E Hero (soon to be replaced by Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master)
Cooling 360mm Be Quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood; is currently Razer Basilisk V3; Basilisk Ultimate for gaming
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently HyperX Alloy Origins 65

To be fair, isn't that what Folding@Home does? Same principle I mean.

Also, you don't HAVE to utilize your PC/GPU to mine anything if you don't want to. It's not like AMD is taking control over your PC/GPU when it's not "in use".

I'm actually rather curious about this new platform. I tend to keep my games (never quite understood the whole "hit it n' quit it" approach to game purchasing that's become commonplace) unless of course it happens to be utter shit. Still, looks like an interesting concept.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64

I mean you are getting paid in video games you can buy with said "Iron", so why is that a scam anyways?

If it's open source like most cryptocurrencies, it should be easy to tell anyhow.

All of these video game re-sell schemes are utter nonsense. Games are a digital medium, they don't lose value when "used". It's just legitimised piracy.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
So the games I can buy there are used or not?
The interface is a mess with the huge tiles.

All of these video game re-sell schemes are utter nonsense. Games are a digital medium, they don't lose value when "used". It's just legitimised piracy.
Educate yourself on laws before touching the keyboard, you will look less stupid.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED

So transfering a game license is piracy now?

legitimised

The part where you combined it with piracy.

So transfering a game license is piracy now?

You enjoy someone's completely unspoiled product without them receiving a single penny for it. This makes it equal or worse than actual piracy. Certainly from the developer's/publisher's point of view.

The part where you combined it with piracy.

Right. That doesn't make any sense, but all right, I'll try to explain it even for people who refuse to understand:

Games don't spoil. They don't get worn. The experience doesn't change by them being "used". There is no objective reason why someone would buy a "used" slightly discounted game over a new one when they just want to enjoy the game.
As explained above, there are strong parallels between re-sale of games, especially with that of digital games, and especially new-ish games. And most definitely for singleplayer games. So yes, I will call it "piracy", just like I will call a machine with a cabin, four wheel, steering, and a motor, etc. a "car" even if it's not road legal.
As for "legitimised", I'm really baffled that someone can somehow misconstrue that simple expression. Legitimised quite literally means that something was made legitimate. And legitimate in turn means, again quite literally, that something is conforming to the law, i.e. that it's legal. How can the other poster insinuate that I accused someone or implied that someone of committing crimes is, well, baffling.

Oh, by the way, games reselling was and still is a strong driver of the "live services" shite some game firms came up with. So thank you, people who take part in it, really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
Does anyone understand what is the person talking about? Because I don't, at all.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
You enjoy someone's completely unspoiled product without them receiving a single penny for it.

Licenses are to a person. The dev was paid when the license was initially created and issued to said person. Beyond that, if the EULA is written to allow license transfers, why should we care? We already got our dues on that outstanding license and if the previous party who sold changes their mind and wants to play again, they will now need a new license.

If a dev really hates this, rewrite their EULA to disallow it. It is pretty simple to do so.

I might mention I have dabbled in game development and even sold some of my own licensed software, so it's not like I'm just talking as a consumer.

Does anyone understand what is the person talking about? Because I don't, at all.

The whole part about licenses not "wearing out" strikes me as trivial and irrelevant, but otherwise, yes.

Licenses are to a person. The dev was paid when the license was initially created and issued to said person. Beyond that, if the EULA is written to allow license transfers, why should we care? We already got our dues on that outstanding license and if the previous party who sold changes their mind and wants to play again, they will now need a new license.

That's the legal part of it though, not the principle.

If a dev really hates this, rewrite their EULA to disallow it. It is pretty simple to do so.

That's not possible because of consumer rights. Although obviously some publishers do try to circumvent this in any way (and Steam is pretty successful in this, although they keep being challenged).

As for wearing out, that's a key principle of buying used goods - they're worn, so there's a disadvantage of buying them over brand new ones. If that's out of the equation, there is no disadvantage in buying "used" games and in theory, only one customer needs to buy a game and then a everyone in town can play and finish it before selling it to the next one. Each will get the full experience, but the developer will see no money from it (unless they employ "live services" or similar rubbish)... instead getting some money if everyone waits a bit and buys the game it later at a discount. Or had a few beers less that month. But no, everyone must have everything NOW. It's bloody ridiculous, that.

That's the legal part of it though, not the principle.

That's not possible because of consumer rights. Although obviously some publishers do try to circumvent this in any way (and Steam is pretty successful in this, although they keep being challenged).

As for wearing out, that's a key principle of buying used goods - they're worn, so there's a disadvantage of buying them over brand new ones. If that's out of the equation, there is no disadvantage in buying "used" games and in theory, only one customer needs to buy a game and then a everyone in town can play and finish it before selling it to the next one. Each will get the full experience, but the developer will see no money from it (unless they employ "live services" or similar rubbish)... instead getting some money if everyone waits a bit and buys the game it later at a discount. Or had a few beers less that month. But no, everyone must have everything NOW. It's bloody ridiculous, that.

Except in the Case of Robot Cache, they Use BLOCKCHAIN to store ownership and transfer of it thereof, and each time it is resold on the market there is a share for the Dev of the game.

on the contrary, it is far better for developer than your usual second hand game shop that don't give a dime to the devs.

You are just making assumption on their business model without really having a clue how their software/marketplace works.

The "Iron" they give is also two fold, you can redeem/pay/buy second hand (sold by other ppl) games with it, or you can sold your account and be paid in cash for it.

Except in the Case of Robot Cache, they Use BLOCKCHAIN to store ownership and transfer of it thereof, and each time it is resold on the market there is a share for the Dev of the game.

on the contrary, it is far better for developer than your usual second hand game shop that don't give a dime to the devs.

You are just making assumption on their business model without really having a clue how their software/marketplace works.

The "Iron" they give is also two fold, you can redeem/pay/buy second hand (sold by other ppl) games with it, or you can sold your account and be paid in cash for it.

There was a system like this a few years ago and I distinctly remember it not picking up because it's neither as extraordinarily profitable as GameStop's system, nor very favourable for the customer's purse. Maybe it was this even Robot Cache thing, I don't know. There is no worthwhile business case in "used" games unless it actively hurts the developer/publisher.

And no, i didn't extensively research them, they have an abysmal website with little to no information on it. But thanks, I dug into the forums only to find out they work with the fallacious premise that "digital distribution is broken". But at least the publisher gets the majority of the resell price - 70% specifically, so that's at least one major positive about the whole thing. The mere 5% for the store for both new and "used" sales sound too good to be true in long term though. Then again, looks like the main gimmick here is that you can buy stuff with mining.

There was a system like this a few years ago and I distinctly remember it not picking up because it's neither as extraordinarily profitable as GameStop's system, nor very favourable for the customer's purse. Maybe it was this even Robot Cache thing, I don't know. There is no worthwhile business case in "used" games unless it actively hurts the developer/publisher.

And no, i didn't extensively research them, they have an abysmal website with little to no information on it. But thanks, I dug into the forums only to find out they work with the fallacious premise that "digital distribution is broken". But at least the publisher gets the majority of the resell price - 70% specifically, so that's at least one major positive about the whole thing. The mere 5% for the store for both new and "used" sales sound too good to be true in long term though. Then again, it looks like the main gimmick here is that you can buy stuff with mining.

well that's because they get I think its 15?% of what everyone mines. so regardless of what people buy/sell they get a small commission but I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the money is made with the pool commission/Exchange rates they use.

well that's because they get I think its 15?% of what everyone mines. so regardless of what people buy/sell they get a small commission but I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the money is made with the pool commission/Exchange rates they use.

As per their partner webpage, they get 5%