• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hitman 3 to be an Epic Games Store Exclusive on the PC Platform

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Imagine; not having to have 5+ game launchers that you have to manage the whole time. Gog galaxy? It still launches the other game launchers to open that specific game, using precious resources. I don't see them helping me to upgrade to run all their crap. Am I saying Valve is doing the right thing? No. I am saying I just like to keep things simple and all these morons have made things very complicated for gamers, as if the damn DRM wasn't enough to put up with.

I have 7 launchers on my PC atm and its a non issue for me.
Yes GoG galaxy does open up the launcher where the played game is installed but its still easier to keep track of my games with galaxy.

Also non of my launchers auto start with windows and they don't exactly stress my system or any ~modern budget system for that matter. 'idk why this is still an argument with launchers nowadays'

Personally if I want to buy/play a new game I will just do it where its relased even tho I do have a Steam acc since the relase of HL 2.
Bought Doom Eternal last time, the physical box copy and it only worked in Bethesda launcher which I wasn't using before.

Did I like that? Not exactly but its also not a serious issue or deal breaker and I had my fun with the game regardless. 'I have 2016 DOOM on Steam'

Last edited:
Processor Intel Core i7 8700K
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING AC
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB
Display(s) Dell S2417DG 165Hz
Case NZXT H400i
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Cooler Master - Masterkeys Pro L RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
People forget that Steam provides FREE keys to devs/pubs to sell their game wherever they want. Every Steam key sold outside of Steam, they have 0% cut on.

People forget that Steam provides FREE keys to devs/pubs to sell their game wherever they want. Every Steam key sold outside of Steam, they have 0% cut on.
Epic shills don't "forget" that. They're paid not to mention it.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Isn't Hitman one of the longest running gaming series on PC? Only other one I can think of that's been around longer is Tomb Raider.....
You can't count Warcraft because the actual Warcraft series stopped with Warcraft 3. World of Warcraft is a different beast.

The original game out in 2000 and I didn't like it. My younger brother played the crap out of the game and loved it. I guess I don't understand the draw the to this series.

As for those complaining about EGS snatching up the selling rights and are upset it's not releasing on Steam......Valve can suck a big one until they fix their broken UI. So many bugs and so many people are still having issues with it. Yeah, you'll get people saying "it works fine for me, maybe you shouldn't try to run it on a potato"....sad thing is, the UI is broken across all aspect of hardware configurations from a "potato" to high-end rigs.

I wish folks would step back from Gabe's cock for a bit and see what else is offered out there in terms of digital platforms. I don't care for Origin, but at least EA's launcher works for me and I'd rather support EA through Origin over supporting Valve through Steam. Once Steam fixes their broken software I'll be more than happy to come back to using Steam as one of my digital platforms. Until then, I've got other options that suit me just fine.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600CL16
Video Card(s) 3060Ti FE 0.9v
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ProArt PA278QV
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1850DB
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse A4Tech X-748K
Keyboard Logitech K300
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit

Yeah, and you can even look at the number of Steam purchases and 3rd party keys in the review section to try to extrapolate the effective % cut Steam gets on specific games, i.e. Hitman 2 has 17:23 ratio of Steam:Other making the actual Steam cut less than 13% (and that's ignoring the lower rates of 25% and 20% for the top selling games).

Isn't Hitman one of the longest running gaming series on PC? Only other one I can think of that's been around longer is Tomb Raider.....
You can't count Warcraft because the actual Warcraft series stopped with Warcraft 3. World of Warcraft is a different beast.

The original game out in 2000 and I didn't like it. My younger brother played the crap out of the game and loved it. I guess I don't understand the draw the to this series.

As for those complaining about EGS snatching up the selling rights and are upset it's not releasing on Steam......Valve can suck a big one until they fix their broken UI. So many bugs and so many people are still having issues with it. Yeah, you'll get people saying "it works fine for me, maybe you shouldn't try to run it on a potato"....sad thing is, the UI is broken across all aspect of hardware configurations from a "potato" to high-end rigs.

I wish folks would step back from Gabe's cock for a bit and see what else is offered out there in terms of digital platforms. I don't care for Origin, but at least EA's launcher works for me and I'd rather support EA through Origin over supporting Valve through Steam. Once Steam fixes their broken software I'll be more than happy to come back to using Steam as one of my digital platforms. Until then, I've got other options that suit me just fine.

yeah, its really mind blowing, you don't need epic launcher to start the game, just click the icon. sometimes i'm forget witch games from epic.

can we just play games, no matter what platform it is, and since when average pc user so dumb and can't install a launcher just once.

D

Deleted member 177333

Ya if I decide I want to play this, I'll grab it somewhere else.

Processor R9 5800x3d | R7 3900X | 4800H | 2x Xeon gold 6142
Motherboard Asrock X570M | AB350M Pro 4 | Asus Tuf A15
Cooling Air | Air | duh laptop
Memory 64gb G.skill SniperX @3600 CL16 | 128gb | 32GB | 192gb
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 |Quadro P5000 | RTX2060M
Storage Many drives
Display(s) M32Q,AOC 27" 144hz something.
Case Jonsbo D41
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse g502 Lightspeed
Keyboard G913 tkl
Software win11, proxmox
Benchmark Scores 33000FS, 16300 TS. Lappy, 7000 TS.
yeah, its really mind blowing, you don't need epic launcher to start the game, just click the icon. sometimes i'm forget witch games from epic.

can we just play games, no matter what platform it is, and since when average pc user so dumb and can't install a launcher just once.

for me it launches the launcher which commences to use all my cpu resources at times and generally shows me german page for some obscure reason and then commences to tell me I'm not in germany and cannot purchase games and general bullshit of a crappy stupid launcher I'd rather be without.
A few restarts of the client resolves it.

If they Actually sold games cheaper, Provided features they said would be there ??
it offers less for more money to me, that is a bad deal so I'll hate the launcher for as long as they continue to do so...

for example, games on steam (UAE region) are way cheaper than EPIC store even that their fee is lower but game still cost the same everywhere, who is gaining here Developer and the Store, Whinny Sweeny keep saying, gamers will gain the benefit, where is my gain?

Horizon Zero Dawn 40 USD (EPIC) and 35 USD (steam)

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
for example, games on steam (UAE region) are way cheaper than EPIC store even that their fee is lower but game still cost the same everywhere, who is gaining here Developer and the Store, Whinny Sweeny keep saying, gamers will gain the benefit, where is my gain?

Horizon Zero Dawn 40 USD (EPIC) and 35 USD (steam)

UK price on EPIC and Steam is ÂŁ39.99 - no difference. Regional things are weird.

Anti-competition can cover many areas, and exclusive titles for no good reason is in my opinion also anti-competitive. As you have correctly pointed out, games for PC could launch in any platforms, but by paying or giving incentive to game developers so that you can keep a title to your store is basically to give yourself an edge. Which I feel is a form of anti competition. Competition means everyone sells the same thing, so you differentiate by either marketing, or price, etc... In this case, EPIC is paying game developers and asking for exclusivity to sell on their store. Apple and Google is paying for the development/ maintenance of iOS and Android, which no developers are paying for. So I think it is fair for app developers to contribute to Google/ Apple, because their store is drawing in the crowd for the app developer to sell. As to how much, whatever % they quote, they will not be able to please everyone all the time.

Also I disagree that Google and Apple are "stealing" money from game developers. The developers agreed to the T&C. Nobody is pointing a gun to their head. Developers ain't stupid as well. If they know there are benefits to be in the store, they will then agree to Apple/ Google's T&C.

If I need to make it clearer, imagine you spent your money and effort to open a store. After some time, it is very successful and people are queuing to buy things from your store. Someone then comes in, open up a booth in your shop to ride on the traffic so that they get the opportunity to sell their wares. What would you do? Let them continue for free, chase them out or charge them rental? People appear self righteous, criticizing others about what they think is wrong. But when it happens to you, not everyone will do it differently from who you are criticizing. You don't have to answer here because you yourself will know the answer.

The game is at full price on launch, having it only in one store is not affecting the consumer's price. It is also not making the developer poorer (no forced 30 percent loss). It isn't the same thing as what Apple is doing, at all. T&C means nothing, you agree to what you are forced to agree to (and Apple is using OUR LAWS, copyright and patents and others to force people). Also you have to differentiate between a marketplace (an OS) and a store (app store). I see so many people just clueless about this, pretending Epic is opening a store in a store. NO. They want the right to open a store in the city, anywhere. Apple is more like Samsung forbidding any other company from operating in the city limits.

Thankfully the game is 30% cheaper on EGS.
Oh, wait. Something's f*cky.

It's about the developer stupid. What I find really hilarious, is that Valve brought all the time copy protection and forced launchers to PC, which I hate, but now Steam users are the worst, basically Stockholm syndrome, they'll defend to the death their right to pay 30 percent of their money to Valve instead of the people who made their game. Buy Cyberpunk on GoG for example, is better.

Last edited:
System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
I know some hate Epic and I went along with that for a while, but after using it I see no problems with how they operate at all. If game developers want to sell their product in this manner then ok..
Plus free games are great:)

Processor AMD 5800X
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Memory G.Skill 32GB
Software Windows 10
As Searing said, it's about the developers. They get a larger cut, which everyone should support.

Epic shills don't "forget" that. They're paid not to mention it.
These dudes...

You can buy Epic games from third party resellers as well, like GMG or Humble Bundle or Fanatical. Stop spreading misinformation. Also, Epic doesn't further monetize games (yet at least) like Valve does with Trading Cards, Backgrounds and Icons etc. Valve isn't your friend. Epic isn't your friend. Why do people defend multi-billion dollar companies?

Last edited:
System Name Times Killer
Processor Rytzen 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi
Cooling Corsair H110 Extreme Performance AIO
Memory 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3800Mhz 16-16-16-38
Video Card(s) Geforce RTX 3080 10gb +130/1200 / MSI RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X OC +180/+850
Storage 2 X 1TB WD blue 1X 4gb WB red 1x LG WH16NS40 16x blu-ray writer 1X 12TB WD Gold
Display(s) HP Omen X 27
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D W/ airflow kit
Audio Device(s) SoundblasterX AE-5 plus / Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Carsair 850-M
Mouse Logitech Proteus spectrum G502
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 home

**looks at origin, steam and battle.net running in task bar**
**looks at epic game launcher that hasn't been opened in 3 years**
fine with me.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
i dont say anti-competitive when Epic release Fornite exclusive to them. but i said its anti-competition when Epic start bribe others to release only exclusive to them, more likely "If You Can't Join Them, Beat Them "

You completely misphrase this and that is where your understanding is also missing things;

For publishers and developers, towards digital distribution of their games, THEY think 'If we can't beat Steam, Join Epic'.
For doing so they secure a 15-17% discount. And they secure funding, in many cases, for new projects.

You tell me what's not to like and why you would fight Epic and then STILL support those same publishers a year later who in fact don't like you buying the game post launch and through a storefront with higher distribution costs, because now you give those publishers the minimum chance to fund their next game.

That is some pretty twisted logic.

Competition exists on multiple levels, this storefront battle is between publishers and digital distributors; the Apple / Google spat is exactly the same approach: fight the 30% distribution cut. Its logical you don't see the 17% (18? whatever) discount in your purchase price. That money went to studios that make games.

Customers have not lost anything. They have gained another competitor. Nobody is stopping Gabe from doing something about it, but he is content not delivering HL3 ;) It puzzles me why people are fighting the fat toad's battle for him.

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen/Laptop/htpc
Processor R9 3900X/i7 6700HQ/i7 2600
Motherboard AsRock X470 Taichi/Acer/ Gigabyte H77M
Cooling Corsair H115i pro with 2 Noctua NF-A14 chromax/OEM/Noctua NH-L12i
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @3200/16GB DDR4 2666 HyperX impact/24GB
Video Card(s) TUL Red Dragon Vega 56/Intel HD 530 - GTX 950m/ 970 GTX
Storage 970pro NVMe 512GB,Samsung 860evo 1TB, 3x4TB WD gold/Transcend 830s, 1TB Toshiba/Adata 256GB + 1TB WD
Display(s) Philips FTV 32 inch + Dell 2407WFP-HC/OEM/Sony KDL-42W828B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Acer Barebone/Enermax
Audio Device(s) SoundBlasterX AE-5 (Dell A525)(HyperX Cloud Alpha)/mojo/soundblaster xfi gamer
Power Supply Seasonic focus+ 850 platinum (SSR-850PX)/165 Watt power brick/Enermax 650W
Mouse G502 Hero/M705 Marathon/G305 Hero Lightspeed
Keyboard G19/oem/Steelseries Apex 300
Software Win10 pro 64bit
The "free market" at work.. I really hate this type of business deals and understanding why they happen doesn't change that.
Btw, I despise middle men. Most of the time they are just moochers and EPIC is hardly the worst one but it still falls under that category.

System Name ITX Desktop
Processor Core i7 9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi Z390
Cooling Arctic esports 34 duo.
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Gaming OC White PRO
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Intel SSD 660p
Case NZXT H200
Power Supply Corsair CX Series 750 Watt

I got RDR2 for $48 on launch day. It was $60 when it launched on Steam. Even if the game prices remain the same, devs getting more money is better for the whole industry.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Memory 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600CL16
Video Card(s) 3060Ti FE 0.9v
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ProArt PA278QV
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1850DB
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse A4Tech X-748K
Keyboard Logitech K300
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
I got RDR2 for $48 on launch day. It was $60 when it launched on Steam. Even if the game prices remain the same, devs getting more money is better for the whole industry.

You are confusing devs with publishers. Devs don't get shit from it, unless they self publish like in the case of Hitman 3.

System Name ITX Desktop
Processor Core i7 9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi Z390
Cooling Arctic esports 34 duo.
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Gaming OC White PRO
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Intel SSD 660p
Case NZXT H200
Power Supply Corsair CX Series 750 Watt
You are confusing devs with publishers. Devs don't get shit from it, unless they self publish like in the case of Hitman 3.
Thanks for getting in touch with all the game devs and confirming that publishers keep the extra profit they get from moving from Steam to EGS.

System Name Times Killer
Processor Rytzen 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi
Cooling Corsair H110 Extreme Performance AIO
Memory 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3800Mhz 16-16-16-38
Video Card(s) Geforce RTX 3080 10gb +130/1200 / MSI RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X OC +180/+850
Storage 2 X 1TB WD blue 1X 4gb WB red 1x LG WH16NS40 16x blu-ray writer 1X 12TB WD Gold
Display(s) HP Omen X 27
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D W/ airflow kit
Audio Device(s) SoundblasterX AE-5 plus / Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Carsair 850-M
Mouse Logitech Proteus spectrum G502
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 home
My theory is that it is due to some form of Stockholm syndrome.
or the delusional state that comes with needing to identify all your enemies thoughts with psychology names/terms.
what is everyone fasination with "stockholm syndrome" lately?

or the delusional state that comes with needing to identify all your enemies thoughts with psychology names/terms.
what is everyone fasination with "stockholm syndrome" lately?
I have no clue what you are talking about. I don't have a fascination with Stockholm syndrome. It simply seemed applicable to the situation: so many users (I don't call them gamers for a reason) have spent so much time with/on Steam that it would seem they might have developed some form of attachment or affection to it. Why else would these people vehemently defend a giant soulless corporation? Companies/businesses are not your friends, and that goes double for huge international corporations. Valve is not your friend. EA is not your friend. Epic is not your friend. Microsoft is not your friend. CD Projekt Red is not your friend. And the list goes on.

System Name ChronicleScienceWorkStation
Processor AMD Threadripper 1950X
Motherboard Asrock X399 Taichi
Cooling Noctua U14S-TR4
Memory G.Skill DDR4 3200 C14 16GB*4
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon VII
Storage Samsung 970 Pro*1, Kingston A2000 1TB*2 RAID 0, HGST 8TB*5 RAID 6
Case Lian Li PC-A75X
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Software Proxmox 6.2
yeah, you just lose another player