• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Oculus Quest 2 Set To Feature Snapdragon XR2 Processor

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
I'd like to see the full specs. I've heard that there may be only one display and limited IPD adjustment so if true that could be a problem for some.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
I'd like to see the full specs. I've heard that there may be only one display and limited IPD adjustment so if true that could be a problem for some.
Yeah hopefully, we find out tomorrow. We know it has an IPD adjustment. I thas 3 settings. Each setting covers a range of IPD. I sure it covers what Quest covers. I bet it only has 1 screen, but for it to have 50% more pixels I hope it's 2x. I was really worried about the rift S using 1 screen and honestly, it's fine but I fall into the IPD range. So if the 3 settings are wide then it should be fine. I'm hoping for a wider FOV, but thinking about it now the lenses may be bigger to just hit those IPD adjustment settings.

Notice how much closer the lenses are to your eyes. This should increase FOV. I bought a 6mm face foam replacement for my Vive that was much thinner than the OG and it increased my FOV. So, in theory if the lenses are closer to your eyes then the FOV will increase. Fingers crossed!
Quest 2

Quest

EDIT: Bold

Last edited:
System Name AMD RyZen PC
Processor AMD RyZen 5950x
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero 570x WIFI
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 64GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 MHz 14C x4
Video Card(s) Evga 3080 TI
Storage Seagate 8TB + 3TB + 4TB + 2TB external + 512 Samsung 980
Display(s) LG 4K 144Hz 27GN950-B
Case Thermaltake CA-1F8-00M1WN-02 Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition Black
Audio Device(s) XI-FI 8.1
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
Exactly, but I don't even think it needs to be a fake account. Just create a blank account with minimal information. Like I said you can still hide that information from everyone else in your settings. I don't notice anything different other than being able to see other people in your friend's list that has an Oculus headset and they have enabled let friends see that they have one. I got to say I'm pretty excited about FB Horizons possibilities. Go watch a movie with friends in a VR Theater or play games.
FB settings example
You can actually turn on individual apps example I only want to show my activity in beat saber to my friends. So, when i'm playing they can join in.
I wouldn't go to that length. They are not worried about "you" per se.. It's your activity while using the Oculus HMD. Things like oh he likes to build computers let's send him computer advertisements. It's not even tied back to your personal info. It's just that we have a "user" that likes this product. Let's send him advertisements on that product.

I watch movie with friends in real world and I will keep it that way.

Its no sense to me watching movie virtually when you can do it in person and feel their actual presence or do a video chat where you can actually see them in Realtime and live.

And for games, I have a decently powerful PC hardware and I have online and personal friends on Steam I play with. I am good there...

Regarding account...

If that is the case, they just need oculus account to collect usage data, the reason they want us using FB account is to find all sides of a person to build a master database which he will never get. I only access FB from my IOS device and every thing is in optout mode. No access to games or apps nothing. I keep it very tight. I don't like FB the reasons any normal human would. Collecting personal information. Thanks to ISO 14 beta, now it cant even access my photos lol

Mark Zuckerberg has crossed the line and he does not even have the sense to realize it or he does not have the kindness and hart to realize it.

cut throat business men are always heartless and all they care is making money. That is why I hate him and his business. He has business has become a tool to corrupt children and spread evil... his business is also making people distant from each other as people try to say hi on FB than in person and he is embracing this model to make more money... In my eye, he is like Antichrist.. :/

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I watch movie with friends in real world and I will keep it that way.

Its no sense to me watching movie virtually when you can do it in person and feel their actual presence or do a video chat where you can actually see them in Realtime and live.

And for games, I have a decently powerful PC hardware and I have online and personal friends on Steam I play with. I am good there...

Regarding account...

If that is the case, they just need oculus account to collect usage data, the reason they want us using FB account is to find all sides of a person to build a master database which he will never get. I only access FB from my IOS device and every thing is in optout mode. No access to games or apps nothing. I keep it very tight. I don't like FB the reasons any normal human would. Collecting personal information.

Mark Zuckerberg has crossed the line and he does not even have the sense to realize it or he does not have the kindness and hart to realize it.

cut throat business men are always heartless and all they care is making money. That is why I hate him and his business. He has business has become a tool to corrupt children and spread evil... his business is also making people distant from each other as people try to say hi on FB than in person and he is embracing this model to make more money... In my eye, he is like Antichrist.. :/
Hey, it's your life live it how you want. Let's not turn this into a FB is trying to track me thread. Let's talk about the Quest 2. Why do you want a Quest 2 or do you want one? Also, I opt out of everything too.. haha But it's opt'ed out for you when you create or merge your account or at least it was for me. I would have had to turn on to allow friends or allow friends and public to see me. Also, try bigscreen it's great and 3d movies really look amazing in VR. It is much better than at the movies 3d wise for me.

Gonna have to join the chorus here, Oculus is Facebook now and that is not a good thing. You not only have to create an account to use it but have to be logged in as well. No fraking Thank You Facebook. The tech world has been zucked again..

Let's not turn this into a FB is trying to track me thread.
But that is exactly what they are doing. Why else would they have account creation and login requirements?

Let's talk about the Quest 2. Why do you want a Quest 2 or do you want one?
Ok, let's review. Quest 2 is effectively a hightech paperweight without a Facebook account. I wouldn't mind owning one if the price was better and I could use it freely WITHOUT a Facebook account. Buuuut...

Racing games and flight sims are said to be very good with a VR headset and I'd like to own one for those use-case scenarios. However it must be plug & play. Account creation crap & online presence requirements are completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
I wouldn't mind owning one if the price was better and I could use it freely WITHOUT a Facebook account. Buuuut...

Really? $299 is lower than the ballpark price everyone was asking for when they announced CV1. I think the price is amazing for what you are getting. If you don't know the ballpark reference it goes back to when everyone was expecting the cv1 to be $350.

EDIT: That's if the leaks are real about the price. It may not be $299.

Really? $299 is lower than the ballpark price everyone was asking for when they announced CV1. I think the price is amazing for what you are getting. If you don't know the ballpark reference it goes back to when everyone was expecting the cv1 to be $350.

EDIT: That's if the leaks are real about the price. It may not be $299.
$299 wouldn't be bad. $250 for 32GB version would be better or even $200 for a stand-alone-external-device-required version.

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
Hey, it's your life live it how you want. Let's not turn this into a FB is trying to track me thread. Let's talk about the Quest 2. Why do you want a Quest 2 or do you want one? Also, I opt out of everything too.. haha But it's opt'ed out for you when you create or merge your account or at least it was for me. I would have had to turn on to allow friends or allow friends and public to see me. Also, try bigscreen it's great and 3d movies really look amazing in VR. It is much better than at the movies 3d wise for me.

I had a rift and then bought oculus go which I gave to my dad as the screen res was horrible for my taste and my dad was very impressed lol

I bought Reverb with 2160x2160 per eye and my Vega64 can’t handle it and I don’t have the heart to lower the settings either.. that is why I am looking to get one of those RTX3080 or RX6000 series cards.. I want to crank up every bit of graphics quality and still get 60 to 70fps at least. FB is spot on with optimal 72 refresh rate. 90 and 120 is all just hyped as per my experience.

I am planning to buy quest 2 as I am hearing it has hand tracking. But I have 3 main reasons not to buy it..

One is the screen res. After owning a reverb. I realized 2.7 to 3k per eye is the correct res you what to really enjoy the visuals and quest 2 does not even do 2k per eye.
At least they could have used a 2.5k screen and restricted it to what ever quest can do as standalone and someone with a powerful PC can opt to use 2.5k would have been awesome. All in one does not mean you have to lock it down to standalone specs...

second one is the fov. 95 to 110 is no good. Especially when you play driving games. You don’t get that natural immersive feel when you look through the window. I play a lot of GTA V Vr and man it spoils the fun even with all the FOV mod. The FOV limitation makes you feel you are wearing a snowboard goggles which kills the immersion. At least 145 is needed to give you that immersion feel.

third is the FB account thing I mentioned :/

I am trying to decide HP reverb G2 or Oculus quest 2.. but it’s hard to decide as one is standalone and I can watch moves while on bed and the other one needs PC and movement is restricted :/

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
$299 wouldn't be bad. $250 for 32GB version would be better or even $200 for a stand-alone-external-device-required version.
True more options are always better. I think they need a controller-less option that only uses hand tracking, but you still get the option of buying the controllers later for $100. Looking, at it like that then you are getting a $200 VR Hmd with $100 controllers. The controllers look much better than the Rift S controllers. The CV1 controllers are way better than the Rift S and they are saying the Quest 2 controllers are CV1 quality. They are bigger and fit in your hands better. The Rift S are on the small size for me.

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
At least they should provide a more powerful version for people who can spend more :/ like 3k res and 140 fov. Man it will be awesome.. :/ I am sure there will be lot of people ready to spend. I paid 690$ for the reverb and all has is good resolution. I hate the controller. It’s the worst I have used or should say when I used it first time. Then I never used it lol. I don’t need it for GTA V with the mod and a software I used called VorpX and most of the ones like project cars 3 and other games work with my PS4 controller. Only game I count not play was fallout 4 as it need the motion control and could never enjoy that game. Just purchased it and played for like few hours and gave up. That battery life is horrible on it and it looses tracking frequency causing so much irritation

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
I had a rift and then bought oculus go which I gave to my dad as the screen res was horrible for my taste and my dad was very impressed lol

I bought Reverb with 2160x2160 per eye and my Vega64 can’t handle it and I don’t have the heart to lower the settings either.. that is why I am looking to get one of those RTX3080 or RX6000 series cards.. I want to crank up every bit of graphics quality and still get 60 to 70fps at least. FB is spot on with optimal 72 refresh rate. 90 and 120 is all just hyped as per my experience.

I am planning to buy quest 2 as I am hearing it has hand tracking. But I have 3 main reasons not to buy it..

One is the screen res. After owning a reverb. I realized 2.7 to 3k per eye is the correct res you what to really enjoy the visuals and quest 2 does not even do 2k per eye.
At least they could have used a 2.5k screen and restricted it to what ever quest can do as standalone and someone with a powerful PC can opt to use 2.5k would have been awesome. All in one does not mean you have to lock it down to standalone specs...

second one is the fov. 95 to 110 is no good. Especially when you play driving games. You don’t get that natural immersive feel when you look through the window. I play a lot of GTA V Vr and man it spoils the fun even with all the FOV mod. The FOV limitation makes you feel you are wearing a snowboard goggles which kills the immersion. At least 145 is needed to give you that immersion feel.

third is the FB account thing I mentioned :/

I am trying to decide HP reverb G2 or Oculus quest 2.. but it’s hard to decide as one is standalone and I can watch moves while on bed and the other one needs PC and movement is restricted :/

The Reverb isn't 3k per eye. It's 2,160x2,160 so 4k total. The quest is very close to 4k much closer than you think. We won't know until tomorrow. The g2 is using the same screens as the regular Reverb just better lenses to stop the mura effect. The HP Reverb is only 95 fov. Look at the pictures above the Quest 2 looks to have a bigger fov just from looking at the lenses and how close they are.

Ok, great discussion, but I have to start heading home.. lol I'll try to jump back on later. I'll be here tomorrow for sure to keep talking about it before FB Connect 7.

EDIT: Fallout 4 VR is amazing with mods. I could keep talking about that but I have to go.. haha plus we would need to make another thread in the AR an VR section.. haha

Low quality post by AltCapwn
System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
The Reverb isn't 3k per eye. It's 2,160x2,160 so 4k total. The quest is very close to 4k much closer than you think. We won't know until tomorrow. The g2 is using the same screens as the regular Reverb just better lenses to stop the mura effect. The HP Reverb is only 95 fov. Look at the pictures above the Quest 2 looks to have a bigger fov just from looking at the lenses and how close they are.

Ok, great discussion, but I have to start heading home.. lol I'll try to jump back on later. I'll be here tomorrow for sure to keep talking about it before FB Connect 7.

EDIT: Fallout 4 VR is amazing with mods. I could keep talking about that but I have to go.. haha plus we would need to make another thread in the AR an VR section.. haha

Either you misread or I did not say it correctly. That is exactly what I said. Reverb is 2160x2160 per eye 2k. But I realized 2.7 to 3k is needed.

Ya it does look big. Hope it’s 130+

am also looking forward to more news on screen res and FOV. Huge fan of VR and 3D.

yup can talk so much about it... I am waiting to play Fallout 4 in VR again once I get my new GpU and VR headset with working controller :/ and ya with tons of mods like I have done with Skyrim VR.. it looks so super cool.

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
Gonna have to join the chorus here, Oculus is Facebook now and that is not a good thing. You not only have to create an account to use it but have to be logged in as well.

But that is exactly what they are doing. Why else would they have account creation and login requirements?

Honest question-- Do you have a Steam account? If so, I'm just curious on what the difference is? Or, do you mean that there is no 'offline' mode available for your Oculus Store games? That I can definitely understand, having to be online in order to play Oculus Store titles--similar to playing anything through BattleNet. I think the issue is that the chorus is under the impression that you have to link your actual FB account with friends, family, pictures, etc to use the headset but that just isn't true. You can if you want to as Mindreaver has. Otherwise, the new account you make is not giving them any more info than what you have already given to make a Steam account (which is also required, and people do not seem to be upset about) and you will be tracked just like you already are with Steam. They will know your usage, what you play and for how long, when your headset is/is not plugged in...just like Steam or even the original/existing non-FB Oculus account. Steam tracks my location and has sent me notifications when an attempted log in was made from someplace else, asking to verify if it was me. I'm sure FB will track location too.

If there is more to this, I am always open to be informed, and appreciate others perspectives (tin foil hat conspiracies aside).

I think the real reason is simply that people love Gabe and hate Mark....flat out (as @altcapwn has made abundantly clear 2 posts up lol :toast:) And that's completely fine, I don't blame any one for making the decision based on their personal beliefs/values/opinions towards Facebook. I personally am not a Facebook user (not that it matters one way or the other). But let's be real, the thing that everyone is at odds with, they have already been doing for a long long time with all of the other store fronts, and without major back lash (ok except at the launch of HL2... Steam was considered the devil at that point in time for daring to force DRM on every single person that bought that game, yet here we are today in love with the Gaben and our Steam keys :laugh:)

The g2 is using the same screens as the regular Reverb just better lenses to stop the mura effect. The HP Reverb is only 95 fov. Look at the pictures above the Quest 2 looks to have a bigger fov just from looking at the lenses and how close they are.

According to Road To VR, it sounds like G2 does have different panels (but same resolution) along with new lenses. Also, 114 degree FOV. (FOV is in another article linked inside the one below)

Last edited:
System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
Honest question-- Do you have a Steam account? If so, I'm just curious on what the difference is? Or, do you mean that there is no 'offline' mode available for your Oculus Store games? That I can definitely understand, having to be online in order to play Oculus Store titles--similar to playing anything through BattleNet. I think the issue is that the chorus is under the impression that you have to link your actual FB account with friends, family, pictures, etc to use the headset but that just isn't true. You can if you want to as Mindreaver has. Otherwise, the new account you make is not giving them any more info than what you have already given to make a Steam account (which is also required, and people do not seem to be upset about) and you will be tracked just like you already are with Steam. They will know your usage, what you play and for how long, when your headset is/is not plugged in...just like Steam or even the original/existing non-FB Oculus account. Steam tracks my location and has sent me notifications when an attempted log in was made from someplace else, asking to verify if it was me. I'm sure FB will track location too.

If there is more to this, I am always open to be informed, and appreciate others perspectives (tin foil hat conspiracies aside).

I think the real reason is simply that people love Gabe and hate Mark....flat out (as @altcapwn has made abundantly clear 2 posts up lol :toast:) And that's completely fine, I don't blame any one for making the decision based on their personal beliefs/values/opinions towards Facebook. I personally am not a Facebook user (not that it matters one way or the other). But let's be real, the thing that everyone is at odds with, they have already been doing for a long long time with all of the other store fronts, and without major back lash (ok except at the launch of HL2... Steam was considered the devil at that point in time for daring to force DRM on every single person that bought that game, yet here we are today in love with the Gaben and our Steam keys :laugh:)

According to Road To VR, it sounds like G2 does have different panels (but same resolution) along with new lenses. Also, 114 degree FOV. (FOV is in another article linked inside the one below)

Aww ok, the resolution is the same, I wasn't too sure about the panels being the same after thinking about it on my riding home. lol Thanks! I'm glad you corrected me. I still think for PC VR Sim games the G2 is the way to go if you have the cash. Plus, the audio is far better than the Quest 2. Also, the controllers are a big upgrade from the original wmr hmds. They are closer to Oculus controllers than the og wmr controllers. But with that said I'm picking the Quest 2 over the G2 just for portability and hopefully wireless PCVR. I really hope they haven't blocked side quest as well.

I'm seeing leaks for an October 13th release date. I really hope its available tomorrow after the announcement.. haha I doubt it, but October 13th isn't that bad of a wait really.

After reading this I decided not to waste money on oculus

I don't understand why when you already have a FB account.. I don't care if you use it with an apple device. They are still just tracking the things you like and don't like on FB not you in general. I truly don't think people understand what they mean by tracking. Everything you do on a device with wifi something is tracking you. I see people on Twitter harpe about privacy and bash FB, but put every waking moment on Twitter. No one cares what you are eating except the person/company selling the food and are willing to pay for that information.

Again let's not turn this into a FB tracking thread.. I don't want to derail the thread. If someone wants to talk more about it then let's create a new thread in the VR and AR section. lol There is enough information out about it. I got to get some sleep.. lol

Honest question-- Do you have a Steam account?
Yes.
If so, I'm just curious on what the difference is?
The difference is Steam has an offline mode and most games(at least the ones I have) can run without the Steam client running. However, I only have a handful of games on Steam. I buy most of my games on GOG and I do not use the Galaxy client.
Or, do you mean that there is no 'offline' mode available for your Oculus Store games?
No, what I mean is that it seems that the Quest2 can't even be used without a FB account and being online even if you're using it as a VR device connected to a PC.

Now see, this looks like some worth taking a good long look at.
I don't understand why when you already have a FB account.
Many people don't have one, have no interest in using or associating with FB. By forcing account creation, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
Aww ok, the resolution is the same, I wasn't too sure about the panels being the same after thinking about it on my riding home. lol Thanks! I'm glad you corrected me. I still think for PC VR Sim games the G2 is the way to go if you have the cash. Plus, the audio is far better than the Quest 2. Also, the controllers are a big upgrade from the original wmr hmds. They are closer to Oculus controllers than the og wmr controllers. But with that said I'm picking the Quest 2 over the G2 just for portability and hopefully wireless PCVR. I really hope they haven't blocked side quest as well.

I'm seeing leaks for an October 13th release date. I really hope its available tomorrow after the announcement.. haha I doubt it, but October 13th isn't that bad of a wait really.

I don't understand why when you already have a FB account.. I don't care if you use it with an apple device. They are still just tracking the things you like and don't like on FB not you in general. I truly don't think people understand what they mean by tracking. Everything you do on a device with wifi something is tracking you. I see people on Twitter harpe about privacy and bash FB, but put every waking moment on Twitter. No one cares what you are eating except the person/company selling the food and are willing to pay for that information.

Again let's not turn this into a FB tracking thread.. I don't want to derail the thread. If someone wants to talk more about it then let's create a new thread in the VR and AR section. lol There is enough information out about it. I got to get some sleep.. lol

Ok cool. One more last post just to complete what I was saying..

here is the updated privacy note from oculus that will be valid from October ... Please read item 5

7D76587E-8999-4847-AA7C-22D0C5EF2827.jpeg

Last edited:
Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
As companies like Valve create more expensive VR HMD’s like Valve Index, FB (evil Empire) is making cheaper VR HMD‘s while still improving (tweaking) the specs / quality. So there are different approaches.

Spend a ~$1000 USD on the Index, ~$600 on the G2 or (if rumors hold true) ~$300 USD on Quest,.....(or some other option or opt out altogether).

chances are if something is cheap or free then you are product,.....you just don’t notice it. It’s a put your money where your mouth is prospect.

I’ll say this though, if you’ve owned an Oculus product and are thinking of opting out of future products because of FB (Evil Empire) I understand your plight and I am in the same situation. However, if you haven’t jumped in on a VR HMD of note I’m a bit more skeptical. The reasoning there is that there are a lot of people sitting on the sidelines making excuses,.....looking for excuse,....and likely weren’t going to get an VR HMD anyway,.......FB is just the latest excuse.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
Ok cool. One more last post just to complete what I was saying..

here is the updated privacy note from oculus that will be valid from October ... Please read item 5

Ok, let that be the last one.. lol I feel like we are just beating a dead horse here with the privacy stuff. Let's just focus on the Quest 2. I'm pretty pumped for FB Connect 7. I'm expecting Horizons to be available today. I can't wait to see the full specs to get the FOV. It looks like we will see the new Jurassic world game along with Climb 2. Plus, the new Star Wars game. I guess I'll make an FBC7 thread to talk about it in a few minutes.

As companies like Valve create more expensive VR HMD’s like Valve Index, FB (evil Empire) is making cheaper VR HMD‘s while still improving (tweaking) the specs / quality. So there are different approaches.

Spend a ~$1000 USD on the Index, ~$600 on the G2 or (if rumors hold true) ~$300 USD on Quest,.....(or some other option or opt out altogether).

chances are if something is cheap or free then you are product,.....you just don’t notice it. It’s a put your money where your mouth is prospect.

I’ll say this though, if you’ve owned an Oculus product and are thinking of opting out of future products because of FB (Evil Empire) I understand your plight and I am in the same situation. However, if you haven’t jumped in on a VR HMD of note I’m a bit more skeptical. The reasoning there is that there are a lot of people sitting on the sidelines making excuses,.....looking for excuse,....and likely weren’t going to get an VR HMD anyway,.......FB is just the latest excuse.

If the Quest 2 is $299 then FB has to be selling it at a loss. I mean the controllers alone have to be worth 100 or more which leaves the HMD at 200 bucks with an XR2 chip with an almost 4k resolution. I have a new picture showing off how small it is compared to the Oculus Go and wow.. It has to be the most comfortable VR HMD ever.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Ok, let that be the last one.. lol I feel like we are just beating a dead horse here with the privacy stuff. Let's just focus on the Quest 2. I'm pretty pumped for FB Connect 7. I'm expecting Horizons to be available today. I can't wait to see the full specs to get the FOV. It looks like we will see the new Jurassic world game along with Climb 2. Plus, the new Star Wars game. I guess I'll make an FBC7 thread to talk about it in a few minutes.

If the Quest 2 is $299 then FB has to be selling it at a loss. I mean the controllers alone have to be worth 100 or more which leaves the HMD at 200 bucks with an XR2 chip with an almost 4k resolution. I have a new picture showing off how small it is compared to the Oculus Go and wow.. It has to be the most comfortable VR HMD ever.

Yeah, that does look shorter. We know its lighter and the shorter body should reduce the fulcrum effect ie rotational force / torque effect which should make it seem even lighter.

Watching the Connect Livestream now,....

Last edited:
System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft

I ordered it too lol.. I have the oculus account. If I have to use FB account I will create one and use it for a bit and see if I want to keep it or go with Reverb 2. OQ2 nailed it with features but resolution is not good enough 1832 x 1920 is not so good. its almost 300 to 400 down on Reverb and on some reviews posted hours back I can still see screendoor. FOV is reported to be the same as quest :(

But I ordered it and should get it by October 13th.. anyway its time for my dads oculus go upgrade.. he will be very happy and his data is junk for FB ha ha ha

Last edited:

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
I ordered it too lol.. I have the oculus account. If I have to use FB account I will create one and use it for a bit and see if I want to keep it or go with Reverb 2. OQ2 nailed it with features but resolution is not good enough 1832 x 1920 is not so good. its almost 300 to 400 down on Reverb and on some reviews posted hours back I can still see screendoor. FOV is reported to be the same as quest :(

But I ordered it and should get it by October 13th.. anyway its time for my dads oculus go needs a upgrade.. he will be very happy and his data is junk for FB ha ha ha
Go over to this thread and check it out. FOV is better if you fall into the 2nd setting from what I've heard. Everyone I've heard that has it now says they don't see any screendoor effect. I'll probably order mine tonight or tomorrow.

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Cooling Custom Loop
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
Go over to this thread and check it out. FOV is better if you fall into the 2nd setting from what I've heard. Everyone I've heard that has it now says they don't see any screendoor effect. I'll probably order mine tonight or tomorrow.

Check this one. He tried to mask it by showing a white tile that can clearly showcase screen door with a high contrast clue tile. But if you look carefully you can still see the slight lines between pixels.. may be since I am used to very high clarity of reverb I am seeing it.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
Check this one. He tried to mask it by showing a white tile that can clearly showcase screen door with a high contrast clue tile. But if you look carefully you can still see the slight lines between pixels.. may be since I am used to very high clarity of reverb I am seeing it.

I haven't had time to watch it. I'll try to get it in tonight. Also, I don't know man, everyone else is saying the screen door is gone. I can't see it in my rift S unless I'm just really focusing and trying to see it and if that's the case then sure you can probably see it under extreme situations. Honestly, I'm not going to bash a $299 standalone headset with what this one offers. I mean do I think this is better than the G2 or the Index? No, but for 1/3 or half the price I'm going with the cheaper one that's not that far off performance-wise and offers standalone VR which nether do. I mean if you need the best visuals then G2 is the way to go if you have 600 bucks. I want more bang for the buck.

Plus, if you don't fall into the 2nd IPD setting I want to test it out first. VR oasis said on the wider setting you can see the black edges. I still plan to get one. One great thing is how much 3rd party support it already has by VR Cover and Logitech. Plus, I can't wait to see what the 3d printing community makes for this with how easy it is to remove the strap. My 3d printer is ready.. lol It's only a matter of time before someone makes an adapter for the Vive Deluxe audio strap. I have one on my Vive. I'll put it on my Quest 2.