• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
why did my dts sound unbound still auto updated if I have auto update turned off indefinitley in the microsoft app store?

Im having this same exact problem now. and Ive done clean reinstalled atleast 5 times now. first It was the dts sound unbound getting autoupdating even though i have autoupdate turned off completely but rectified that bit. ten now dolby not initiallising
I will diagnose the problem.

Edit: Problem identified. I’ll upload another package and let you know when it’s done.

Edit2: Package has already been re-uploaded.

Last edited:
In the previous version, the Dolby Atmos version (speaker system and for gaming) both installed well. It's just that there are complications for sound output when activated simultaneously with the DTS feature (and friends). SBC 720 is also not helpful enough, I think (so it isn't used even though it is installed). I still have to do the testing for now one by one. To try to minimize the causes. What I've tried is to just install the flock feature DTS + Realtek HDA Panel supports DD and DTS (patched APO). I don't think the result is satisfactory. Although almost close to what was expected. Next, will try to install DTS + Realtek HDA Panel (patched APO) supports DD & DTS + SBC 720°. Will report the results, while waiting for improvements to Dolby Atmos.
============================

It turned out to be true, just like what I thought before. After I tried installing SBC 720° with DTS (with its variant) only. the result: Impressive. Vocal sound comes out more now, along with background sound that is more jarring than before when I play movie files offline, youtube is the same. By only using low volume, around 30-40 (before that I had to increase the realtek volume to 40-65). The resulting sound quality is very significant sounding comfortable. But in my opinion, if the current sound quality could be matched with the dolby atmos sound quality that I have heard in the previous versions, it would be even more fantastic. But even this I think is more than good. It's just that I often have to change the equalizer on DTS if I want to use various multimedia files both online and offline in the future.

Last edited:
the good part of this update is that it returns the equalizer of the realtek audio console

EDIT: i did some tests and dts:x works with a lower volume when it is working, for example spotify is not compatible, neither twitch, but youtube works and some games like kingdom hearts on pc are not compatible either

Last edited:
@Alan Finotty

Just a suggestion. DTS headphone X APO3 is not compatible with Sound blaster
In your installer it would be nice to be able to select both HeadphoneX and Ultra to be installed together if SoundBlaster is deselected
Thanks

That could be addressed in the next update, depending on the results of information I gave to Alan. I don't have Sound blaster in my driver so I cant fully address it.

I will diagnose the problem.

Edit: Problem identified. I’ll upload another package and let you know when it’s done.

If you don't want to reinstall, open regedit, go to "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class", check between the keys (00XX), see which one appears in the main driver name "AAF Optimus ...", delete the key "DaxExtFolder" and restart your computer.
thanks brother. will check then reply back if it works.

EDIT: cannot seem to find that at all in the "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class" even went through each one by one.

EDIT2: Found it, but buried deep in "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{5c4c3332-344d-483c-8739-259e934c9cc8}\0005"

Last edited:
[USER = 170292] @ Алан Финотти [/ USER]

Просто предложение. Наушники DTS X APO3 несовместимы с Sound Blaster.
В вашем установщике было бы неплохо иметь возможность выбрать и HeadphoneX, и Ultra для установки вместе, если SoundBlaster не выбран.
Спасиб
Apo4-everything is compatible and works 7.1 with dts ultra - the problem is somewhere else

@Alan Finotty @Ferather
Thank you both for your continued work and support!

A quick question. It seems in the latest update you can choose between 'Realtek patched APO' which has both DDL and DTS interactive and the new (?) 'Realtek default APO', but with the latter you can only select DDL or DTS not both? What is the difference between the patched APO and default APO and which would you recommend?
I'm not interested in all the addons and just want to pass (unmodified) multichannel audio encoded in DTS (or Dolby) to my receiver over S/PDIF, which works well with 6.0.9091.1 that I'm still on (with audio enhancements unticked). The receiver doesn't support Atmos or DTS:X, so no need for that as well in my case (I have bought a license for Dolby Atmos for headphones for gaming when using stereo headphones, so no need for patches there). There's probably no reason to keep upgrading to the latest version in my use case I suppose?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
@dhrto, If you happy with the patched version then use that, you cant use enhancements with it. Both DTS:X and Atmos are enhancers as well as technologies.
DTS:X ultra for example works on stereo and multichannel, with pre-existing speakers, backwardly compatible with DTS Interactive.

Another option is my driver (or alternative if you like), and just install the driver and nothing else (its here).

Last edited:
@Ferather thanks for your reply.
I'm just wondering what the difference is between the patched APO and the default APO. If they are the same sound quality wise (I suppose) and whether one is 'better' or should I say 'cleaner' than the other (less workarounds in the code).

I followed the uninstallation process and installed 9147 but now my Realtek Audio Console says it "doesn't support for this machine". Sound Blaster Connect with DTS:X Ultra as instructed. All other apps are working fine apart from Realtek Audio Console.

@dhrto, The newer APO is updated, and includes object processing (Realtek version), its up to you, I find the newer version + independent encoder much better in quality than old patched APO.

Note, you cant patch a fully UAD APO (latest), only the older HDA APO.

Last edited:

n0fear

@Alan Finotty After some time using i always get crackling & plopping sound with this driver - even latest one. Checked with latency mon and i happens when moving mouse and doing other things. The latency goes up. After reboot it works for some time again. Using Asus ROG Crosshair vii hero x470 - anyone else using this mainboard and got some idea?

That sounds a bit like USB issue I had ages ago, but it probably not. The only thing I can suggest is to try another driver and see if you have the same issue.

@Ferather Object processing would only be a thing if you use enhancements I suppose? And what about the independent encoder, do you mean the DTS and/or Dolby encoder in the newer version is better, maybe higher bitrate?

Object processing usually comes with the audio, so its beneficial always, so you get a more 3D 360 experience with anything with object processing data in it.
The independent encoder's are separate .dlls, so they can be modified, not a better bit rate, just a better encoder (not Realtek).

----

@Everyone, please be aware I am helping Alan with driver performance in regards to DTS:X, its not Alans fault btw, its due to various codes, and presets.
I had the exact same issue with my driver, and me being me that's not allowed, so I investigated and fixed the issue, the data is being passed.

I'm hoping @Alan Finotty will release any future additions, as betas extensions that attach to his main, stable driver.

Last edited:
Package has already been re-uploaded.
i downloaded the new version, dolby works fine. the only problem i noticed is a duplicate option in the installer

DDDo.jpg

PossibleTurco

Hello, I am writing this article to thank you. Thanks to you, I switched from the old Realtek audio drivers from 2015 to brand new drivers. Moreover, I can now even use the UWP audio console. Thank you very much again. ALC269 has come to life thanks to these drivers.